Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    He's a bloke = he's a bastard (and you are smart enough)
    Yes. THEY are all bastards!..um..wait..WE are all bastards!..wait...hmmm..nevermind.

Zee

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Well I did give another option in the 'casual dining' area . Actually the area of town is completely historically German..the building, the architecture, the part of town. It really was built and settled by Germans and is very densely built very much like a European city(hell to find a parking space)! The 'themed' part is actually a little overblown..it is not that bad. And the food is VERY good...and I don't even like German food that much. I don't recall the accordions either..but they are dressed up like 'Germans'..lederhosen and all! The women actually look to me to be made up like old fashioned German tarts! hehehe.
    I love going here. It's part of the whole experience of going to Columbus. Had a waitress do a nip slip that last time. Could have done without that!

The food is great and we always end up taking home food on the plane. Stinks like hell.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

For Vancouverites and anyone visiting Vancouver:

Chutney Villa on Broadway near Main - South Indian food with amazing chutneys. So freaking good! I'm already craving it again, and we went last week!

Also - Rangoon on South Granville. More Indian food, but they make these wild salmon cakes that are so good, and the price is really reasonable.

Whistler - Ciao Thyme in the Upper Village. Fantastic food and "organic inspired" - whatever that means. I had pancakes that were the lightest and fluffiest that I've ever had in my life! Also - go for Eggs Benedict at Wildwood at the Tennis Club. Super cheap and a great selection. Lovely outdoor patio - went there this past weekend.

I'm a big fan of reasonable prices when dining out.

There are plenty of great restaurants in Toronto, but there are so many that I don't even feel qualified to suggest one. There are lots that I would like to try but haven't yet.

In Edmonton, however, I would definitely visit Normand's (high-end food but in a relaxed, romantic, classic atmosphere rather than an overly "posh" or modern one, and the owner is always there, visiting with you, etc. Reminds me of Emeril. ). Bua Thai is still the best Thai food I've ever had, and the Hardware Grill is where you want to be for the modern side of high-end dining. Excellent food, excellent service, an enormous wine list, and, surprisingly, large portions. It's in a yucky part of Chinatown, but oh well.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Another excellent deli-style resturant in Houston is Kenny & Ziggy's. Oh my gosh we got so much food we had leftovers for lunch the next day. Their Egg Cream is heaven!!!!
    Can be pricey but look over the menu really good before placing your order. It is well worth it and the staff were so nice and friendly.

A*O

If you love irony then check out this place. They may claim to be the Best Restaurant In Melbourne but I know a respected restaurant critic who reckons it's the Worst Restaurant In Australia and I agree with him 100%. I love the way they 'cater for children AND vegetarians' in one sentence.

http://www.lobstercave.com.au/

The kitsch isn't a joke - they actually think they are on the cutting edge of seafood cuisine LOL.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Another excellent deli-style resturant in Houston is Kenny & Ziggy's. Oh my gosh we got so much food we had leftovers for lunch the next day. Their Egg Cream is heaven!!!!
    Can be pricey but look over the menu really good before placing your order. It is well worth it and the staff were so nice and friendly.
    Ahh! I LOVE Kenny & Ziggy's. Let me know what you think of Mark's when you try it!! I would recommend going closer to the holiday season because their specials and desserts at that time are incredible.

We are going to try a German resturant that is off of I-45 a little north of the Woodlands, not sure of the name. We like to try one new place once a month. I will Google the resturant name and always click on B4UEat and give my review. I did it with Smokey Bones off of 249 (by Willowbrook Mall).

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If you love irony then check out this place. They may claim to be the Best Restaurant In Melbourne but I know a respected restaurant critic who reckons it's the Worst Restaurant In Australia and I agree with him 100%. I love the way they 'cater for children AND vegetarians' in one sentence.

http://www.lobstercave.com.au/

The kitsch isn't a joke - they actually think they are on the cutting edge of seafood cuisine LOL.
    75 dollars for an entree, crayfish and a glass of wine? If that is anything close to US dollars I would expect alot in terms of quality and service. The name "Lobster Cave" and the use of the word 'feast' or 'feasting' does not suggest dining on that kind of monetary level. Maybe I am just used to prices here being generally lower than most areas? Damn I am now hungering for expensive seafood .

^^^ LOL... when I hear the word "feast," I picture a bunch of grotesquely overweight slobs at an all you can eat buffet.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Can anyone recommend me a good Italian restaurant in Vancouver (hopefully not to far from downtown)?

I liked this place called Anton's on Hastings (I think it's in Burnaby), good price, great food.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Ain't there an Olive Garden round those parts?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

None in Vancouver , I think there's one in Langley, it's like a couple of cities away.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I know several, what price range?

hmm for one person, up to $25 (+-) for entree.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information