Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy cravings

Nothing super weird, or that I absolutely HAD to have. But I did like ricotta cheese....like in stuff. Went to an Italian restaurant once when I was pregnant w/#1 intending to get a good Baked Manicotti or something w/ricotta in it, and they didn't have ONE dish w/ricotta.....I almost cried.

Other than that....nothing.

Ok. First pregnancy: Drinks. I had to have different drinks every week. One week it was Papya juice, next Grape, next decaff Pepsi, etc. Then for 2 weeks after I had my daughter, I couldn't drink anything but water. I felt like I drank an ocean.

2nd pregnancy: Brussel sprouts. Not just plain but sauted in butter with vinegar sprinkled on top.

3rd: Turkey sandwiches.

4th: Olives and sour cream.

Nothing in particular with the first pregnancy - I just ate tons of everything. I was a real pig!!

With the second pregnancy, I wasn't hungry at all. For the last trimester, I think I ate apple cinnamon cheerios for dinner every single day until I gave birth. Haven't eaten the darn things since.

I've never been pregnant, but I get intense cravings for fountain Sprite (HAS to be from a fountain- not bottled) and Chili's queso during PMS, and the thought of any food other than what I'm craving makes me nauseated. I've been worried that I was having pregnancy cravings because the cravings/nausea are so intense.

I have cravings too when I have PMS, normally it's for orange juice.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

1st pregnancy Nachos and tacos, & chicken fried steak and anything sour , especially sour candy --had a BOY
    2nd pregnancy -same as above, had another BOY
    3rd pregnancy- salad,veggies, tacos, & ice cream ---had a GIRL
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

i have a friend who got pregnant and the first month could not stop going to the bathroom (#2) and lost 6lbs in a week! It was as if her body was cleansing itself or something and this girl is only slightly overweight

I have another really good friend who, poor thing, was so damn sick the first trimester. She was tiny when she got pregnant and lost about 3lbs in the first 2 weeks. Shed wake up and spend the entire day dry heaving/puking water. Shed try to eat salted pretzles to ease the constant nausea...but her stomach always felt full so she could only eat a couple here and there. Then around 5pm shed start to get an appetite. Now this girl usually loved exotic foods and diet coke but now she wanted nothing but plain stuff and water. She craved well well done hamburger meat and mac and cheese. So shed start to get hungry in the evening and wed go out to eat. Shed be so ready to eat and excited that the nausea had subsided shed order a plain burger, mac and cheese, and bread (she also craved startches). But again, she could only eat a couple of bites. Shed eat maybe 4 small bites of burger and a couple small bites of mac and cheese and bite of bread. She said she felt like shed eaten an entire thanksgiving dinner...then the runs would ALWAYS hit and she said it was GREEN! always green. and no one could explain it. she didnt gain much weight, maybe 15lbs. we felt so bad for her bc ppl assumed she was purposely watching her weight during pregnancy, but really she couldnt eat much bc of the sickness and whatever she ate, well, didnt stay in long

Elite Member

that is, uh, very interesting femmefatale.
    i feel a little nauseous myself right now haha

Silver Member

With my daughter, I wanted pistachio ice cream, grapefruit, and pepperoccinis. I couldn't stand to be near hamburgers, vinegar, or steamed broccoli.

with my son the oldest i craved chicken and veggies i would open cans of corn or peas whatever we had and eat nothing but that and toast i also had a weird craving for a ham egg and doritoe sandwich which i now love and corn flakes i haven't eaten them since I had him. My second (girl) McDonalds fries with lots of salt. I also craved butter with her and bacon I drove my poor man crazy he was constantly cooking me bacon or running to mc donalds. My third(girl) roast beef sandwiches from arby's and mexican food i ate taco's damn near every night plus anything with salt

I've never been pregnant but a friend of my mother got cravings for kiwis. She ate them till her mouth started to hurt... Another woman I now got cravings for oranges... I wonder what my mother had cravings for...

Gold Member

In the first couple of months, I was obsessed with sausage rolls. I had them every day for lunch. Three years later I haven't touched a sausage roll.

After the first couple of months, I was eating bread rolls smothered in butter. (I gained 6 1/2 pounds in a week and got a major telling off from by obstetrician)

The only bad thing I found with pregnancy was the heightened sense of smell. I found that I often had to leave the office when people were havin a very smelly lunch. (Ketchup would make me gag)

I was the same way I tried to cook one night and the smell of the meat cooking made me sick so i threw it to the dogs and Mr. shedevil wasn't too happy(lol) but the puppers were

Just wanted to update my original response: I am still currently pregnant (ugh) and have had some MAJOR cravings wintergreen lifesavers in the last few wks. I have been buying HUGE bags of em, and need them with me constantly--in my coat pockets, in my car, in my nightstand, etc.

Not sure it's a pregnancy thing or just a winter thing---as I know several other women, who are NOT pregnant who are experiencing the same exact thing. It's almost like we are getting subliminal messages or something...

I also have been loving the smell of Pine Sol. I go through at least a bottle a week---pour it in my toilets, clean w/it. I love it.....

Elite Member

^^wow that's really interesting lynnie..i often crave cinnamon gum and candy and i am not pregnant..i hadn't heard of the wintergreen lifesaver thing...anyways, you must be really close to being due..sending you good wishes..hope you have a safe and easy delivery!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information