Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peanut butter

There's no decent crunchy peanut butter at most grocery stores here. I am shocked and appalled, I LOVE crunchy pb, esp. JIF brand! I finally tracked some natural crunchy PB down in a health food store. I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw how much they were charging (4.25 euros/$5.71 U.S. for a tiny 400 gram jar). But I bought it anyway and I have to say I like it. Less sugar, though they must add salt since it really tastes kinda salty.

Still, I just got back from a trip to the US and muled back 2 big jars of crunchy JIF and what do you think happened? That's right, the airline freakin' lost my luggage and hasn't found the damn thing yet. Assholes, I had precious peanut butter in there!!!

I should go back to just making my own by buying honey-roasted peanuts in bulk and just throwing them in the blender/food processor. *sigh* Wish I wasn't so lazy.

^ It sucks, not being able to find what you are craving, *& when you do, it is much too expensive^
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I love Better n Peanut Butter. If you try it, be warned that it is pretty different from regular peanut butter. It's a quite a bit sweeter than regular p.b. and the texture is stickier. It must be refrigerated after you open it. I really don't recommend cooking with it. And, it's a bit more expensive than regular p.b. I get mine at Trader Joe's for about $3.50 a jar.

I'm a peanut butter FREAK~ While I love chocolate, special occasions that someone would usually receive chocolates...I'm given a jar of PB My fave is PB with mashed bananas stirred in. Can't be sliced..just doesn't taste the same.

AND Peter Pan was the only type of PB I really liked. However, tonight I bought my first jar of Smucker's Natural and Smucker's Blackberry Just Fruit. All I can say is YUMMMMMMMM
    Playful~

I forgot to update: Last weekend I found crunchy peanut butter! I found a huge supermarket nearby which carries it! It's still smaller and a bit more expensive than in the U.S., but pretty much everything is over here. And it tastes pretty much just like JIF.

Also as a bonus, my missing bags came from the airport, and my two smuggled jars of JIF were perfectly safe and sound! We've got enough pb for the rest of the year. It's a happy day for a peanut butter lovers in my house--we all love it, me, my husband and our dog too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information