Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nutella

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    Hehehe...I occasionally drink Orangina, but I have to admit that I have never had HP Sauce, or any of the other generic "brown sauce" in the UK. There's this great tomato and worcestershire sauce by Lea & Perrins though; PLEASE tell me they have that in the US. It's SO fuckin' good.
    Hmm... Lea & Perrins has a worcestershire sauce here, but I don't know if it's the same thing. Remember... there's always mail order/internet, and international food sections in your finer grocery stores!

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    Hmm... Lea & Perrins has a worcestershire sauce here, but I don't know if it's the same thing. Remember... there's always mail order/internet, and international food sections in your finer grocery stores!

Yep...that's how we get occasional American treats, but gawd they're EXPENSIVE to mail-order.

Dallas had a British specialty shop down on lower Greenville; I don't know if it's still there and things were outrageously expensive there, but you could get a lot of common British sundries and treats there. There was an Indian shop in Austin that sold a lot of Sharwoods products too, so I don't think my husband will starve.

Has your husband lived in the states before?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    Has your husband lived in the states before?

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    It's this stuff:

We're moving as soon as my hubby's green card is issued and we sell our house; hopefully within a few months. I wanted us to be there before Xmas, but that won't happen now. February is the new target.
    Sorry to report to you I called the 1-800 number to Lea & Perrins and they do not have the Lea & Perrins Table Sauce Squeezy/Tomato & Worstershire. You would have to order it online the lady told me.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    Sorry to report to you I called the 1-800 number to Lea & Perrins and they do not have the Lea & Perrins Table Sauce Squeezy/Tomato & Worstershire. You would have to order it online the lady told me.

*shrug* Not the end of the world. I only use it on beef, and we don't eat beef very often.

Thanks for chasing it up tho!

Gold Member

I call it NUTella

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    I got a jar of Nutella...YEAH
    I really like this stuff, very very good and yes very very sweet.
    Im thinking my mom use to make us sandwiches with this stuff when I was like 4/5 yrs old. She use to say it was chocolate peanut butter. I remember telling my best friend in kindergarten my mom makes special chocolate peanut butter sandwiches, she told me I was lying because there was no such thing as chocolate peanut butter. So this was the stuff, WOW.
    You know, the old Reese's commercials showed one person walking and eating peanut butter from a jar, and another person walking with a chocolate bar. They'd bump into each other and say "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!" and "You got your peanut butter on my chocolate!" Then they'd take a bite of it and go "Yumm".

At some point, I swear, they had a chocolate peanut butter spread. I guess it didn't catch on, although the peanut butter/jelly spread is still on the shelf.

I thought NUTella until I saw the commercials. I guess it's like someone's name. Someone mentioned Ralph Fiennes - it looks like Ralf, but is not pronounced that way, no matter how much I might think that's nuts.

You're not imagining it, moocow. I think it was made by Jif, but they made chocolate peanut butter, as well as apple cinnamon peanut butter and berry peanut butter. I tried it once, but liked Nutella better.

ReinaBikipatra

In Paris I saw Nutella flavored ice cream.

I think it's NEW-tella, because it's Italian. That's the way Giada says it...

Quote Originally Posted by ReinaBikipatra View Post
    In Paris I saw Nutella flavored ice cream.
    Here it is a pretty common ice cream flavour too.
    Last edited by MaryJane; October 20th, 2005 at 08:52 AM.

ReinaBikipatra

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    Here it is a pretty common ice cream flavour too.
    They had a hazelnut chocolate ice cream in SA too but it had an unusual name. It wasn't Frangelico but something sort of like that....help me out people.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahphim View Post
    I think it's NEW-tella, because it's Italian. That's the way Giada says it...
    I honestly doubt Giada is Italian if she calls it NEW-tella

^Haha! I do question her pronounciation sometimes...but I'm pretty sure she was born in Italy, and her parents have thick accents. How do you say it?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information