Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nutella

Ok Im running up to the store in 10 minutes to get this Nutella. As soon as I get back Im putting some on toast and I will enlighten you all with my opinion. HAHAHA

I remember when I went on a cultural exchange to Europe and had Nutella for the first time at breakfast. I was very confused that they actually had this stuff as a part of a normal breakfast because it is just so sweet and then assumed that it was just this family. Every single one of the 8 families I stayed with during the trip (in 4 different countries) had it on the table at breakfast. I got so used to the stuff I bought a big jar of it before I went back to the States (at the time it was still really expensive to buy it here). It used to be in my house all the time after I introduced the rest of my family to it, until my dad got really addicted to it and didn't want it in the house while he was trying to lose weight since he could literally take a spoonful of it and be content eating just that as a snack.

Elite Member

I don't care how it's pronounced. Just spread it on some bread and I'll happily munch away.

I got a jar of Nutella...YEAH
    I really like this stuff, very very good and yes very very sweet.
    Im thinking my mom use to make us sandwiches with this stuff when I was like 4/5 yrs old. She use to say it was chocolate peanut butter. I remember telling my best friend in kindergarten my mom makes special chocolate peanut butter sandwiches, she told me I was lying because there was no such thing as chocolate peanut butter. So this was the stuff, WOW.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Woohoo, go Nutella!!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    I got a jar of Nutella...YEAH
    I really like this stuff, very very good and yes very very sweet.
    Im thinking my mom use to make us sandwiches with this stuff when I was like 4/5 yrs old. She use to say it was chocolate peanut butter. I remember telling my best friend in kindergarten my mom makes special chocolate peanut butter sandwiches, she told me I was lying because there was no such thing as chocolate peanut butter. So this was the stuff, WOW.

Now, you have to try Orangina (does NOT rhyme with 'vagina'):

HP Sauce:

Walkers Salt & Vinegar chips:

I used to buy HP sauce at an import store. I love it. Orangina is good, too!

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    I used to buy HP sauce at an import store. I love it. Orangina is good, too!

Hehehe...I occasionally drink Orangina, but I have to admit that I have never had HP Sauce, or any of the other generic "brown sauce" in the UK. There's this great tomato and worcestershire sauce by Lea & Perrins though; PLEASE tell me they have that in the US. It's SO fuckin' good.

Red orangina is the best !

I have tried the HP sauce. My former neighbors went back home to London for the summer and brought back this sauce and malt vinegar. I love malt vinegar on my fries(chips). I will have to spend more time at Kroger's international aisle, I did see tea thinking the name was PG tea. Said most used tea in all of England(?). Ill write down the Orangina and Walkers and see if Kroger has them. Not too far from me is a busy in The Woodlands that will order anything from England for you. We have a number of transplants due to Compaq/HP and other international businesses. My former boss is from northern part of England. Big big culture shock for her she told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Red orangina is the best !

Hehehe, I've had Orangina Rouge but it's not easy to find around here!

I have tried the HP sauce. My former neighbors went back home to London for the summer and brought back this sauce and malt vinegar. I love malt vinegar on my fries(chips). I will have to spend more time at Kroger's international aisle, I did see tea thinking the name was PG tea. Said most used tea in all of England(?). Ill write down the Orangina and Walkers and see if Kroger has them. Not too far from me is a busy in The Woodlands that will order anything from England for you. We have a number of transplants due to Compaq/HP and other international businesses. My former boss is from northern part of England. Big big culture shock for her she told me.

Hubby was happy when he heard that supermarkets in Texas sometimes stock HP Sauce; he couldn't live without that stuff.

I don't know if PG Tips are the most popular teabags in the UK...I don't actually know anyone who uses them. Most of the people I know just buy the store brand or Tetley.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    Hehehe...I occasionally drink Orangina, but I have to admit that I have never had HP Sauce, or any of the other generic "brown sauce" in the UK. There's this great tomato and worcestershire sauce by Lea & Perrins though; PLEASE tell me they have that in the US. It's SO fuckin' good.

Is this what you are talking about? Ill keep my eye out for it. When do you move back to Texas?

Is this what you are talking about? Ill keep my eye out for it. When do you move back to Texas?

It's this stuff:

We're moving as soon as my hubby's green card is issued and we sell our house; hopefully within a few months. I wanted us to be there before Xmas, but that won't happen now. February is the new target.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

We can get HP sauce from a regular grocery store here e.g. safeway. My hubby likes it on stakes and also uses it for breakfast (ham n eggs).

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information