Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Ideas

make salad dressings with it. and if you make the noodles i suggested, don't add the rice vinegar since the sauce already has some.
    as for cutting out the vinegar taste, yeah, you could add more peanut butter. but you have to make sure it's the organic/natural kind with no sugar added. the kind that's just peanuts and salt (or even better, the kind that's just peanuts).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    make salad dressings with it. and if you make the noodles i suggested, don't add the rice vinegar since the sauce already has some.
    as for cutting out the vinegar taste, yeah, you could add more peanut butter. but you have to make sure it's the organic/natural kind with no sugar added. the kind that's just peanuts and salt (or even better, the kind that's just peanuts).
    Yeah, it is perfect for salad dressings. I would just like to expand it a bit for more things. It is already quite thick so adding peaut butter would not be a problem. Is there a reason(besides health and calories) to not use the sugared commercial peanut butter? I would think the 'sweet' would help cut the 'tart' you know?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

i guess it depends what kind of sauces you want to make with it but i find commercial peanut butter way too sweet for my tastes, especially if it's for cooking. plus, it's loaded with sugar and sodium and if you're already going to be adding salt in other forms (soy sauce, for example) that's just way too much sodium IMO.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Added some peanut butter and some Thai sauce to the Peanut Ginger sauce/dressing stuff....and made the best damn Thai stir fry! Turned out soooo yummy. And I had all these Asian veggies I needed to use up before they went bad and it turned out GREAT!

Just adding the peanut butter and a bit of the Thai sauce made it great. I can eat this on noodles all day.

* it was also all veggie as I used this soy protein that was on sale that is supposed to replicate chicken-not bad at all.

SVZ

Try my ice cream idea god damnit!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Try my ice cream idea god damnit!!!!! lol
    ok ok!

Do I use it like a hot topping sauce(like you would hot fudge) or do I mix it into the ice cream and then freeze it so it is kind of 'swirled' inside the ice cream? And what flavor(besides vanilla of course) should I try?

I put it yesterday on some veggie egg rolls. Very good. I just have not had any time to cook or even have a life much lately- all work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information