Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out: Can perfection survive?

Elite Member

Default re

What is "animal style" for the fries?

I only get to In and Out when I visit family in California so I am not truly wise in the ways of In and Out.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles (if you ask for them).

Apparently there's a whole hidden menu.
    The Hidden In-N-Out Burger (aka In and Out Burger) - The Most Accurate Secret Menu On The Web

Jamba Juice has an awesome hidden menu too, just google it. They aren't healthy smoothies, but are delicious (my favorites are white gummi bear or pink star-pink starburst flavor)

Elite Member

Default re

Thank you. I might even try that the next time I'm there (hopefully in a bit over a month).

I plan my trips to San Diego very carefully to maximize opportunities for Mexican food and at least 1 visit to In-and-Out.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Well, they have already changed their fries. They use to be thick, kind of like wedges, but then they changed them to skinny fries a few years ago. I don't care for the new ones, I still don't know why they changed them.
    Yeah I don't like their skinny fries either. As for their burgers - they are good but nothing I'd have a foodgasm over.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Thanks for the tidbit Noday, Im sure my stomach will be happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Jamba Juice has an awesome hidden menu too, just google it. They aren't healthy smoothies, but are delicious (my favorites are white gummi bear or pink star-pink starburst flavor)
    do they really taste like pink starburst & white gummi bears? if so, i think i might need one.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    their food is alright, but the menu is so limited. i dont like the skinny fries, they are so dried out.
    Yes! Wth is up with the fries? I never ever like them, they taste like styrofoam, their texture is HORRIBLE.

The burger, while it is pretty damn good (I want to say the beef quality tastes better than other fast food chains, but I don't really have any proof), all the hype sorta ruined it when I finally tried one. I mean it is a great burger, probably the best to come out of a fast food establishment, but it is still just a burger. I've had the most succulent burgers at pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    do they really taste like pink starburst & white gummi bears? if so, i think i might need one.
    Yes they do and are amazing. But seriously, they should not be considered anything near healthy, that's part of why they aren't on the menu. They're like soy, a ton of the sherbert/yogurt, and a tiny bit of fruit. I think both Pink Star and White Gummi Bear are widely available (I've read they're even on their order screen and have recipe cards, just not on the printed menu).

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Yes! Wth is up with the fries? I never ever like them, they taste like styrofoam, their texture is HORRIBLE.

The burger, while it is pretty damn good (I want to say the beef quality tastes better than other fast food chains, but I don't really have any proof), all the hype sorta ruined it when I finally tried one. I mean it is a great burger, probably the best to come out of a fast food establishment, but it is still just a burger. I've had the most succulent burgers at pubs.
    I agree completely! I had heard so much hype when we moved out here, we tried it the other day. It was good, but not amazing. Their fries were gross and soggy. I had better burgers at a small chain in the Midwest no one has probably heard of. And you're right, the best burgers come from pubs, etc.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I had them when I was out in Cali a few months ago, they did not live up to the hype! I'm all about some Five Guys!
    Love Five Guys....awesome.

Shake Shack, and the 'Burger Joint' in the Parker Meridian are the best in NY for fast food.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I've only had their burgers once, many, many years ago, and thought they were OK, but nothing out of this world. My current favorite burgers and fries are from Rally's (Checker's in some states).

^Checkers fries are soooo good! Unfortunately the only ones by me are all in ghetto-ish areas

^^My son looooves their fries; I buy seasoned frozen fries at the grocery store, which are similar, and he always wants me to make "Rally's" fries for him...

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I agree completely! I had heard so much hype when we moved out here, we tried it the other day. It was good, but not amazing. Their fries were gross and soggy. I had better burgers at a small chain in the Midwest no one has probably heard of. And you're right, the best burgers come from pubs, etc.
    Culvers? They have awesome shakes!

I agree - I thought In-N-Out was overrated. I had Jamba Juice for the 1st time on the same trip & love it though.

The first time I tried In N Out, I really didn't get it. It took three or four more attempts over the next couple of years for me to start loving it. Now I even like the crazy little fries.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information