Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Mum turns lunchbox into daily work of art to tempt son

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    This only sounds like a good idea if it would coincide with "Bring your flask to work and get drunk in the supply closet" Day.
    It was - almost. Most of them were cute and endearing, but a lot of them were vile little changelings - stereotypical military brats. But what can you do? It's only one day a year, thank God.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

One of the reasons weekends and holidays are great for parents is that it's a break from worrying over what the hell to put together in kid's lunches.
    Aside from the obvious reason for worry, the P.A.C (parents auxiliary) and School would critique every fukin' wrong.
    I used to be part of the PAC for many years so I know how unfairly gossipy they all are.

However, I'm sure once I do stopped making those lunches because my boys have gotten too old, I'll be missing it too lol.
    Fack, how twisted is that?!

There is not one chore in the world I hated more than making lunch for pre-school, kindergarten. The very second my kid was eligible for school lunch, that's what she got (but then I bitched about keeping the account full of $$). That said, if this woman has the time and interest to play with her kid's food, more power to her.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

There are some times when I don't love it, but I make lunch every day for my kids except Wednesday, when I give them money for hot lunch at school. I also pack snacks for them because they have to eat lunch late in the day.

I also cook breakfast for them Monday through Friday. This morning, I made my daughter two fried eggs, sunny side up, and my son scrambled eggs with turkey ham.

I've only seen a couple of episodes of this show, but I'm pretty sure this guy is my spiritual mentor:

I very rarely made lunch for my kids. I figured that they were old enough to help and we did it all together. Then they gradually took on more of it as they got older.

There was a guy I once knew who was in the engineering program and whose mother always made him lunch. He had no idea what he was about to eat every day until he opened it. Twenty years old and had never done a thing for himself in his life.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

czb

these are super cute, but i agree with you guys, this mom is not doing her kid any favors. and 15 minutes to make a lunch? who has that kind of time? i make two lunches, every day, in less than 5 minutes. it's pretty easy and they eat most of it. not too many complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    There was a guy I once knew who was in the engineering program and whose mother always made him lunch. He had no idea what he was about to eat every day until he opened it. Twenty years old and had never done a thing for himself in his life.
    ok maybe it's an unfair bias but i'm not surprised he was in the engineering programme. i lived with 3 engineering students my first year of uni in an on-campus apartment and holy fuckballs they were the worst. boring, geeky but without the good parts of being a nerd, pedantic, square, unimaginative and did i mention boring?
    and one of them was so spoiled and so sexist that i could totally see his mommy packing him lunch at 20. when he finally found a girlfriend, he found the weakest, most submissive chick, raised by very sexist parents to serve the men in her life. he'd fuck her in his tiny twin bed and then he made her sleep on the floor on an inflatable mattress. he also tried to get her to come over and do his share of the housework. we wouldn't let him. he called me a feminazi and called the RAs, who called him a douche and moved him back into the dorms.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    . when he finally found a girlfriend, he found the weakest, most submissive chick, raised by very sexist parents to serve the men in her life.
    so did this one.... and then he married her!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

.... And then she showed up making angry PA lunchables for tormented kids.

Btw does she also specify that the kid carry their lunch boxes flat coz a good shake & it's good night shrek....

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Kid's going to choke on one of those little plastic pieces someday.
    Hopefully!
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    We're having Bring Your Kids to Work Day today, so I best stay quiet before I say/type something I'll regret.
    My condolences
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It was - almost. Most of them were cute and endearing, but a lot of them were vile little changelings - stereotypical military brats. But what can you do? It's only one day a year, thank God.
    Oh I looooved those kids when I was nannying. We'd have competitions to see who could be the vilest. not sure the kid knew we were having a competition though....
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    There are some times when I don't love it, but I make lunch every day for my kids except Wednesday, when I give them money for hot lunch at school. I also pack snacks for them because they have to eat lunch late in the day.

I also cook breakfast for them Monday through Friday. This morning, I made my daughter two fried eggs, sunny side up, and my son scrambled eggs with turkey ham.

I've only seen a couple of episodes of this show, but I'm pretty sure this guy is my spiritual mentor:

Because you're overweight & like stripey shirts????
    BITTER, Just Kill Me and Jazzy like this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

I have to say, separate hot breakfasts?????????????????????????? I barely managed a fun sized box of dry cereal for one while we drove to school. I'm thinking Mo just may be our OPMum of this thread.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

Bento Box! Good that she has a lot of time to do this.

I rarely made my kids' lunch after preschool. I did keep up with the school menus through elem and middle school so i could pack them a lunch on days when there was something they hated being served, but gradually it became their own responsibility to make sure they wanted what the school was serving and packing their own. By the time they hit high school and could leave campus, I just got them Visa prepaid cards and let them run free.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A classic never dies.
    InigoMontoya likes this.

Good gravy. That's crazy.

Huh, I didn't realize this was a necro out of nowhere. What's up with that?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information