Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Annoying Party Food

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Most Annoying Party Food

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    lol

I am Canadian and have no idea what that is - thankfully. I despise jello on it's own; to add marshmallow, which I despise as well...
    I've never had it either and I've lived here for a long time. However, someone brought green jello with green grapes in it once to a party I had.
    And I was like "what the hell is that???"

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Anything with macaroni or jello! But on the true horsedervies it would have to be Squeeze cheese on crackers. If you're going to do the party thing for gods sake please serve some decent stuff instead of little weinies in grape jelly or squeezed canned cheese on ritz crackers. Potato chips and cheetos don't cut it either.

^^I second that! I hate anything with Velveeta, mini-weenies, baked beans, dips from a plastic "tub," things with stupid names like "hankie-pankies," and mayo. The other thing that is GROSS is those salami rollups with cream cheese. Blech.

Also, what's so appealing about raw broccoli & mushrooms? A quick blanch of the broccoli wakes up the green, and mushrooms, well, if you're gonna bother, take out the stems, chop 'em up w/ some bread crumbs, garlic or shallots, and toss w/ some fresh parm, cracked pepper, salt, maybe a little marsala & butter, stuff & bake. Getting hungry now...
    The first step to acquiring wisdom is to admit that you really know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    I hate deviled eggs and you can always count on someone making them for a party. YUCK!
    Mmm... I LOVE deviled eggs.

How about those flavored popcorn (like ranch, etc...) that forever linger on your breath and if enough people eat, that smell engulfs the entire room.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    Mmm... I LOVE deviled eggs.

How about those flavored popcorn (like ranch, etc...) that forever linger on your breath and if enough people eat, that smell engulfs the entire room.
    why are those things SO freaking stinky? it puts the factory in olfactory

I hate foods that are drowning in so much sauce that the ingredients can't be identified. I'm a very picky eater, so I need to know what is in the food I'm eating. I hate getting a nasty surprise when I put something in my mouth and it has something in it that I hate. I then have to swallow it and be sick for the rest of the evening.

I was at a bridal shower a couple of months ago and everyone was raving over the meatballs which were so disgusting that I "accidently" dropped mine in the trash. The person who brought the meatballs was eventually persuaded to divulge her secret recipe which was: premade meatballs in a sauce of ketchup, onion soup mix and grape jelly. I kid you not.

Lil

^^That's very funny!

Oooh, I have another party food hate. The kind of buffet where EVERYTHING is deep fried and if you want salad you have to eat the garnish.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    Kinda off topic but the sushi rolls and even some nigiri you sometimes get here in Canada are way too big for your mouth. They are supposed to be a bite size...
    Moomies don't tell me, I never know what to do with these sushi rolls, they are so big that once I put them in my mouth I even find it hard to move my jaw to chew them!

I never know if it's better to look like I have a tennis ball in my mouth, or to use my sticks as if they were knife and fork and try to disassemble the damn roll into smaller pieces...either ways the result was tragic and now I just don't order this stuff anymore!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane
    Moomies don't tell me, I never know what to do with these sushi rolls, they are so big that once I put them in my mouth I even find it hard to move my jaw to chew them!

I never know if it's better to look like I have a tennis ball in my mouth, or to use my sticks as if they were knife and fork and try to disassemble the damn roll into smaller pieces...either ways the result was tragic and now I just don't order this stuff anymore!!
    I usually just bite off half the roll... Its a bit tricky, but if the rice is done correctly, it should not dissolve.
    I LOVE the nori rolls!! Theyre the best sushi kind for me, I cant imagine not ordering them, even if things do tend to get a bit messy.. Just dont ever wear white to a sushi place, soy is a bitch of a stain to get rid of..

Anything dripping in sauce that you have to eat standing up. It always goes right for the front of my shirt, and my poor husband has facial hair and has to take a bite, have a wipe, and that is hard to do with a plate of food in your hands. Otherwise he ends up looking like someone spilled dinner on the shag rug.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Ok anything made with spinach, dont get me wrong I love spinach but it always ends up you have spinach on your teeth and no one says anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil
    ^^That's very funny!

Oooh, I have another party food hate. The kind of buffet where EVERYTHING is deep fried and if you want salad you have to eat the garnish.
    I went to a fairly chi-chi party at a gorgeous private home with a film crowd a couple of years ago and heard people raving about the food as I was on my way to the kitchen to open my wine. I made a detour to the buffet and was shocked to see that it was all Costco stuff, 90 per cent deep-fried -- I think there was one sad-looking crudite tray with a gummy-looking dip -- and the hostess was busy putting more greasy items on the table.

Considering I spend days shopping and making everything from scratch for my parties, I quickly adjusted my sights downward for that crowd. The next time they came to my house, they got Costco crap.

Needless to say, it all disappeared and I got many compliments. Beyond weird....

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane

In Japan, we don't get these rolls as big as we do here, I guess sushi has been "super-sized" in the West. It's better to have your sushi fall apart than to stuff your mouth full of it. I take a small bite and then let the sushi dissasemble, then pick up the rest with my chopsticks.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

A*O

I think we have to accept that people happily eat crappy food without complaint, often because they honestly don't know any different/better. And the 'experts' are scratching their heads about the diabesity explosion.

(this post is about the Costco stuff - NOT sushi which I just love)
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information