Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Marsha...I think it's the coffee you're buying...

czb

so do you guys drink coffee in the AM because you need the stim or because you like the taste? i drink tea in the AM because i like the taste and want to drink something hot.

Czb, both. I love the taste and for a long time I needed the wakeup effect. I cut out caffeine for a while for fertility reasons and that broke me of my "need" for it. But I'm back on it, mostly for flavor reasons. I've come to amass quite a collection of herbal tea during my no caffeine period.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    i have friends who have a breville and love it. i want this baby:

it's 299 but they go on sale sometimes and go for much less.
    Ooh, I love how compact it is. My Breville is a square, not too big for an espresso machine, but this one is even thinner. The idea of it taking up less counter space makes it super attractive to me.

I've toyed around with the idea of buying one of the fancy automatic espresso machines [I think funkychicken(?) posted a nice one], but the one I have now works great so I can't really justify it.
    sputnik likes this.

They only coffee I drink is either Cuban coffee shots or café con leche and that's rare. I've never even had a coffee maker in my house. When I get to work I drink water unless one of the bailiffs brings us the Cuban kind.
    BITTER likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    so do you guys drink coffee in the AM because you need the stim or because you like the taste?
    Yes
    Tati likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ooh, I love how compact it is. My Breville is a square, not too big for an espresso machine, but this one is even thinner. The idea of it taking up less counter space makes it super attractive to me.

I've toyed around with the idea of buying one of the fancy automatic espresso machines [I think funkychicken(?) posted a nice one], but the one I have now works great so I can't really justify it.
    yeah i love the size of it. living in new york has made me a minimalist because i have zero space and therefore only have things i need on my tiny kitchen counter. my toaster has to be put away after every use, which luckily isn't daily or i'd be fucking annoyed, ditto the blender. so the only appliance i let stay on the counter is my soda stream and my future espresso machine.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

since we moved we have a ton of counter space and i still keep it minimal. but the hot water bucket stays on the counter. it is my fave appliance (even more than the mixmaster).
    Beeyotch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    so do you guys drink coffee in the AM because you need the stim or because you like the taste? i drink tea in the AM because i like the taste and want to drink something hot.

I'm an addict. I drink coffee all day to remain functional.

Plus, it tastes good. I also drink tons of water so I don't dry myself into a raisin with all that coffee.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah i love the size of it. living in new york has made me a minimalist because i have zero space and therefore only have things i need on my tiny kitchen counter. my toaster has to be put away after every use, which luckily isn't daily or i'd be fucking annoyed, ditto the blender. so the only appliance i let stay on the counter is my soda stream and my future espresso machine.
    ^That's one of the pluses of moving to FL, comparatively huuuge kitchen counter space. I love just staring at how much usable counter space I have.

czb

^^^ you're already in FL?

Yep, moved in Sunday. Been unpacking all week. I've been super sick throughout the entire move so I'm taking the unpacking process slow.

czb

sorry you are sick. moving is stressful enough without having to deal with that.

Ugh, that's no fun. So sorry Bee. But how do you like it so far?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Well I like the house a lot, more space and nicer details like wood floors, dishwasher, washer/dryer, yard... but I miss California and my old neighborhood a lot though. It's so suburban and sprawly here, I got really used to having a lot of everything, grocery stores, pharmacies, bars, liquor markets, restaurants, etc. within stumbling distance from my house. I'm kind of annoyed that I have to drive at least 10 minutes to get anywhere. The nearest Trader Joe's is 30-40 minutes away
    BITTER likes this.

I love the taste of coffee. If I don't drink it, everyone pays the price I have drip coffee every morning. If I go to a coffee shop I'll usually get a dry cappuccino. On hot summer days, I'll stop and get an iced coffee with a splash of half and half.

Y'all so fancy. I heat water in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave and pour it over a teabag or add it to a packet of hot chocolate mix + instant coffee.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information