Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Ketchup for the 1%

I've got a jar of this in my pantry - have yet to open it. It wasn't that much more than the normal stuff.... Got it coz I thought it'd be interesting. (Kitty, it was from either Tescos or more likely ASDA).
    Free Charmed.

I'd try it. I would probably be one of the freaks that would order it online too.

I tried looking for it, and saw this on their FB page:

Heinz Ketchup You can purchase Limited Edition Heinz® Tomato Ketchup with Balsamic Vinegar on our Facebook page starting November 12th and then in select Walmart and Safeway stores in December 2011.
    I like ketchup, but only on "normal" things, like french fries and cheeseburgers....
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gardenwitch, we eat a lot of home-made "chips" (par boiled potatoes, chipped & baked to mimic chips or fries but none of the fat), so I got it for them. We have hem-made burgers with them or something equally yummy. Or some days just the chips. I thought that it would make a nice change. I'll let you know!
    Free Charmed.

^^
    i love it with scrambled or fried eggs too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Gardenwitch, we eat a lot of home-made "chips" (par boiled potatoes, chipped & baked to mimic chips or fries but none of the fat), so I got it for them. We have hem-made burgers with them or something equally yummy. Or some days just the chips. I thought that it would make a nice change. I'll let you know!
    Please do! thanks!

I like trying different things....even as basic as ketchup. I am pretty particular when it comes to some foods...Mayo for instance, I will ONLY use Hellmann's. But I find a HUGE taste difference between it and say a store brand.

But I will try anything once.

I use Balsamic vinegar on salads, and with tomatoes and Mozzarella. But that is pretty much it. I sometimes use it in a marinate for chicken or steak, but VERY little or else it over powers everything.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I love asparagus roasted in balsamic vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Please do! thanks!

I like trying different things....even as basic as ketchup. I am pretty particular when it comes to some foods...Mayo for instance, I will ONLY use Hellmann's. But I find a HUGE taste difference between it and say a store brand.

But I will try anything once.

I use Balsamic vinegar on salads, and with tomatoes and Mozzarella. But that is pretty much it. I sometimes use it in a marinate for chicken or steak, but VERY little or else it over powers everything.
    Will do!
    I'm on the fence about Mayo… not a big fan then I got something called "garlic ketchup" it's white like Mayo but runnier. MrN LOVES it.
    I have balsamic on my Tom & cheese salad too. Try swapping halloumi cheese for mozzarella, it make a good change.
    Free Charmed.

Ooh my brother will love it since he puts ketchup on everything including ice cream. Christmas present dilemma solved!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I never liked ketchup because I don't like vinegar and I can always taste it in ketchup.
    I do like balsamic vinegar, though, so perhaps I will like this. I would try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Not to mention the fact that John Kerry's wife is no doubt behind this elitist, East Coast ketchup. Decent, hard working people in the 'real America' won't want anything to do with this shit.
    "Decent hard, working" people only eat Bush's Baked Beans and McCain Fries.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I love asparagus roasted in balsamic vinegar.
    I use it with eggplant - slice thin, use the kosher salt to drawl out the bitterness. Then brush with olive oil, broil or grilled 4-5 minutes per side. Use cup of balsamic, 1/4 cup sugar (I use agave nectar) and drop the eggplant in and let it marinate for 15 minutes. Soooo good.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I use it with eggplant - slice thin, use the kosher salt to drawl out the bitterness. Then brush with olive oil, broil or grilled 4-5 minutes per side. Use cup of balsamic, 1/4 cup sugar (I use agave nectar) and drop the eggplant in and let it marinate for 15 minutes. Soooo good.
    you pour salt on Joan Rivers??? Lol!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

You marinate it after grilling it? I want to try this.

Novice -- did you try the elitist ketchup yet? If you give it the thumbs up I might order some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information