Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's almost peep time!

I like peeps, but I can't eat them. too much sugar!

Petunia Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post

Let Them Eat Jellybeans (Marpeep Antoinette)
    Say Anything
    Anna Nicole Smith Peep-Daddy Trial

Where do you find these photos?? They're hilarious but someone has too much time on their hands.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by zorbeet View Post
    You don't have peeps in Canada?

I did peep chocolate fondue for a Halloween party. Sugared up little monsters couldn't hold still.
    My friend went to Canada and came back with a candy called Smarties. No, they're not even close to what we Americans know as Smarties. The Smarties from Canada were like m&m's with a lightly crunchier shell.

Just thought I'd toss that in. Weird Canadians......
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

If you Google "Peeps Diorama" there are thousands of them out there.

I may get some today to find out if I really like them or not. I don't think I could eat more than one at a time though.

Try the yellow ones. They don't have a chemical taste like the others do. I think the chicks taste better than the bunnies. More moisty and delicious.

The Washington Post has a Peeps diorama contest. If you go to their website, they have slide shows. The Peeps like to re-enact violent scenes, for some reason. They live close to the edge.

^ You should get some kind of "Biggest Peeps Fan" award or something!

I don't eat them in a compassionate way--I go for the body and leave the head for last. It would probably be kinder to decapitate first. So I am a Peep torturer.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    My friend went to Canada and came back with a candy called Smarties. No, they're not even close to what we Americans know as Smarties. The Smarties from Canada were like m&m's with a lightly crunchier shell.

isn't that what smarties are like all over the world?
    what are they like in the US?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

In the United States, Smarties are a type of artificially fruit-flavored candy produced by Ce De Candy, Inc., from 1949 through the present. They are marketed in Canada under the brand name Rockets, to avoid confusion with Nestlé Smarties. The original product is the English Fizzers from Swizzels Matlow. In 1949, the brother of the chairman of Swizzels Matlow travelled to the US and established Ce De Candy. The candies bear a strong resemblance to tablet-style pills in shape and texture. One individual candy is in the shape of a cylinder with a diameter of roughly 1 cm and a height of roughly 4 mm. Larger ones have a diameter of 2.5 cm and are about 6 mm thick. Both sizes are double concave. There are 25 calories and 6 grams of sugar in a roll of Smarties.[1] Ingredients include: dextrose (may contain corn syrup solids and/or maltodextrin), citric acid, calcium stearate, artificial flavors, colors.

Smarties come in combinations of colors within their wrapped tubes. These include white and pastels yellow, pink, orange, purple, and green. Each color's flavor is slightly different. They are usually packaged as a roll of candies wrapped in cellophane. Because each package is small and inexpensive, they are often bought in bulk for occasions such as parties or Halloween.
    Smarties (Ce De Candy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've never been a big Smarties fan. If I am gonna waste calories on sugary candy, it better have some chocolate in it. Thus, I've tasted Canadian m&m style Smarties and like them better.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post

Smarties are like Reeces Pieces, but with chocolate instead of PB or whatever that is
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Smarties are like Reeces Pieces, but with chocolate instead of PB or whatever that is
    like m&ms? hard candy shell with chocolate inside?

I have a love-hate relationship with Peeps... I can only eat so many before I get sick of them and shun them until the next time Easter candy goes on sale again. I'd rather just have normal marshmallows.

I forgot to get some today! I also forgot like 5 other things

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information