Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Bridal Shower Food

I have been to several bridal showers. One friend always makes quiche tarts (they are to die for). I am also very sure they are really hard to make. I found some frozen (ready to bake) quiche tarts at Costco of all places (I have seen them at other grocery stores in littler packages). They are the bomb...so, so good. I believe they are made by Diane's (or little Diane's) something like that.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ My mom uses the traditional white sandwich bread. It's so soft that it holds the mixture better and everything just stays together.
    thanks. i might just try that and i'm not even having a party.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    how are you going to decorate the chuppah?

i attended one wedding where the couple sent out fabric squares to people ahead of time so that they could be decorated, then they were to be sent back for assembly.

for my wedding, we went somewhat traditional . . . we had the dressmaker make a huge sheer fabric rectangle, then attached my father's prayer shawl (he is deceased) to the top of the fabric. then the florist attached poles and vines to corners of the fabric.
    Wow, this sounds so lovely! I love that you made it very personal and included your father's prayer shawl, that is so touching. I also love the quilt idea, so unique.

I wish I had some ideas for the bridal shower, but it seems like everything has been covered very well! My main thought was cucumber sandwiches and also chicken waldorf sandwiches. Maybe serve some Madeleines. I also think some beautifully decorated mini cupcakes in her colors would be a very nice addition. Good luck, I'm sure it will be awesome!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

NoDay - No sure if you have Dollar Trees near you but I was in one last week and it is loaded ebven more now with tons of wedding stuff.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thanks, I'll try to pop into a dollar tree sometime soon. I just ordered the tea cups last night and surprisingly the site actually let me make the order. It's a wholesaler and I figured they were gonna give me trouble since I'm not a business, but no problems. They called to verify the order and said it's being mailed tomorrow.

Don't know if you can commission someone to make these for you (or if you'd be comfortable making them yourself?) but Mexican wedding cookies are to-die-for. Love them.. we always get them around Thanksgiving/Christmas time but they might be fitting for a bridal shower, too?

Mexican Wedding Cakes Recipe With Picture - Joyofbaking.com *Tested Recipe*

Also maybe some dill/cream-cheese/lox tea sandwiches?

eta: Also.. re: the chuppah.. doesn't that have a cloth draped over it? Maybe it could be a knitting/crochet project you and some of your sisters girlfriends can do as something special? Maybe buy a nice embroidered cloth and make some adornments for it? Just a thought.

Devilled eggs

Wow, holy post necro guys....but I realized I never updated this thread with what happened and the shower is next week.

I managed to get a few of the adults my sister knows to help out with the shower, so it became less panicky. I don't know how we're decorating, I'm meeting with the woman who planned the decorations to do some final stuff tomorrow. The shower is going to be VERY small, 18 people including the bride and 5 people planning. Too many people out of town, half the guest list is gone, but we already have our house filling up with their gifts. We aren't making the chuppah at the shower anymore either, my mom already made it. Instead we're just doing stuff like a purse scavenger hunt.

Menu:
    Puff pastry shells filled with chicken salad
    Cucumber sandwiches on rye rounds-some hummus, some cream cheese
    Finger sandwiches-Egg salad
    Goat cheese and watercress finger sandwiches
    Deviled eggs
    Fruit skewers
    Pistachio cake (special request by the bride, we have a family member who makes AMAZING pistachio cake)
    Mandelbrot
    Shower cake-white cake with fresh strawberries

My last bit of "I don't know" is what to do with the teacup favors. I still don't know how I'm going to wrap them to hand out. It's a teacup and a saucer, and I have enough that I can prewrap the ones for the favors and then have a separate set we use during the party. I just have to figure out how to do it, especially since it's both and cup and saucer and I'm concerned about breakage. My inclination is colored cellophane with some ribbon and maybe a flower, but the breakage issue is still there. Any ideas?

OK, off to order the corsage and make sure that Whole Foods will get some watercress for me this week.

It sounds delicious! Glad to hear you got some extra hands to help out. Have a great time and congrats to your sister

great menu!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Everything sounds just perfect.
    I wish you had boxes for those teacups. Maybe if you got some small paper doillies to put between the cup and saucer? Might give it some padding and be safer. Cellophane is quite festive and can give them a peek at the treasure. They are going to be thrilled!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Maybe use a vintage napkin or pretty floral napkin to help pad the teacups. Either pre-wrap in cellophane, or go to town with the paper shredder and line gift bags with fluff.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

You can wrap the cup and saucer in colored tissue paper or cellophane and it wrap it the way you want to. Find small, color coordinated gift bags close to the size of the cup and saucer so it's wedged in there. Add some colored tissue paper in the bag.

and those Mexican Wedding cakes? I love those so much.

Elite Member

I think the cellophane with a pretty ribbon would look gorgeous. Another idea is to use tulle. You can buy it very inexpensively by the yard. Use it like you would the cellophane with a contrasting ribbon. I like the idea of a doily between the cup and saucer -- or tape them together with a loop of packing tape. If you stack them very carefully in a basket they should be fine for handing out, and it would look really pretty.

I love bridal showers! Wish I had seen this months ago!

Have fun. You've got a great menu.

Ooo-tulle! Yes,please. In lovely colors.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information