Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Bridal Shower Food

I know. I just couldn't imagine the table without a little bowl of those mints.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^ These are the mints that always show up in a pretty bowl at the showers I've been to. They're not very hard to find around here. In fact, I think you can pick them up at Wal-Mart.

Oh, and pillow mints too!

Yep, the pillow mints are our go-to mint.
    I want a big handful now.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

lol, then I guess jordan almonds and little mints are being added to the list of must haves. My grandmother will be happy, she loves those sugary almonds, they always hurt my teeth as a kid

czb

how are you going to decorate the chuppah?

i attended one wedding where the couple sent out fabric squares to people ahead of time so that they could be decorated, then they were to be sent back for assembly.

for my wedding, we went somewhat traditional . . . we had the dressmaker make a huge sheer fabric rectangle, then attached my father's prayer shawl (he is deceased) to the top of the fabric. then the florist attached poles and vines to corners of the fabric.

The best high tea finger sandwiches I've had are turkey and cream cheese on raisin bread. I also have a wonderful scone recipe and would be happy to share. Perhaps African Violets at the center of the tables? They always look so perfect next to the floral china.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

i attended one wedding where the couple sent out fabric squares to people ahead of time so that they could be decorated, then they were to be sent back for assembly.

for my wedding, we went somewhat traditional . . . we had the dressmaker make a huge sheer fabric rectangle, then attached my father's prayer shawl (he is deceased) to the top of the fabric. then the florist attached poles and vines to corners of the fabric.
    What a wonderful idea! I love that you used your fathers prayer shawl.
    I am loving the significance of being made by close friends and family. Highly personal.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

I honestly don't know how we're going to be decorating the chuppah. It isn't really my project. I know my mom wanted to do a homemade chuppah and asked if we could do it at the bridal shower. She hasn't really shared any vision she has for it. The quilt version seems to make the most sense though.

Your chuppah sounds like such a great way to honor your father in your wedding, it sounds like it was lovely.

Zee

I love cucumber cream cheese sandwiches. If you cut them into smaller shapes or fingers- they always taste better.

It sounds like you are planning a wonderful shower for your sister. Enjoy it!
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I love cucumber cream cheese sandwiches. If you cut them into smaller shapes or fingers- they always taste better.

It sounds like you are planning a wonderful shower for your sister. Enjoy it!
    So true. Make some triangles! My fav. I think they taste best.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    What a wonderful idea! I love that you used your fathers prayer shawl.
    I am loving the significance of being made by close friends and family. Highly personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I honestly don't know how we're going to be decorating the chuppah. It isn't really my project. I know my mom wanted to do a homemade chuppah and asked if we could do it at the bridal shower. She hasn't really shared any vision she has for it. The quilt version seems to make the most sense though.

Your chuppah sounds like such a great way to honor your father in your wedding, it sounds like it was lovely.
    thanks. we wanted to do something to 'include' him in a quiet way. something that my family would get when they saw it.

there's a lot of things to do with the chuppah but sounds like it's not your problem! yippee. and if you do it at the shower then you already have an activity and don't have to worry about playing those games like 'pin the penis' and stuff.

and i'm not sure why, but jordan almonds seem to be traditional at weddings i've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Chalet is another good one for this stuff!

If you need a unique gift, let me know. I have a good one. Yes, it involves booze. Shocking.

Good luck!
    Thanks, Lynnie - well, Paul never complained.

Looks like your party is set Noday. I've become the baby shower planner. Maybe that won't be for a while.

Here's Ma Laurent's Pineapple Cream Cheese sandwiches if anyone would like to try them.

8 ounces of cream cheese
    8 1/4 ounces of crushed drained pineapple put through the food processor
    1 1/2 tablespoons mayo
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 loaf bread

Mix up all ingredients except bread. You can add another 1/2 tablespoon of mayo if it's not spreading as well as you'd like. You can also add food coloring to this if you want (Ma Laurent likes to make them pink sometimes ).

You'll need to take 3 slices of bread and spread the mixture on 1 side of 2 of the slices and to both sides of 1 slice and then stack them with the double coated slice in the middle. Cut off the crusts and cut into fingers.

Generally, 1 loaf to 1 recipe depending on how thick you coat the slices.

czb

^^^ that sounds good. what kind of bread do you use??

^ My mom uses the traditional white sandwich bread. It's so soft that it holds the mixture better and everything just stays together.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information