Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I almost drank a giant cockroach

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

June bugs do not bother me. I'm talking about the giant flying cock roaches; my mom calls them palmetto bugs. I call them giant flying cockroaches.

I don't think we have those here.. *Thank Christ!!*

What really sucks about these things is how there are certain times of year that they seem much more active (especially at night); a couple months ago I was sitting inside and I was hearing thumping against the wall of windows and doors that leads to my back porch; those fuckers were flying all over the place and smacking into the windows... and I don't know what works to kill them. You can exterminate inside so you don't live with them but how do get them to stop flying in you hair and shit? June bugs I have no problem with except for when I step on their crunchy corpses.

I think you should post a pic or post a link to a pic of these creatures so I can get an idea of what they actually are. They sound horrible.

Now that I am living out in the country I am seeing all kinds of weird ass bugs. Like HUGE grasshoppers..HUGE! Like bigger than any I have ever seem before..plus at night all kinds of things come out..and they all make weird strange noises. 'Something' is living *and screeching loudly* at night in one of my front maple trees...the neighbors know about it but nobody is quite sure what it is..they all have differing opinions.. *shudder*.

I drank a wasp once. Found out i'm allergic. Man, that was a fun night.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    Cockroach stories truly horrify me.

Once my sister was stirring some hot chocolate and she kept trying to break up what she thought was a lump of chocolate inside the cup. When she was taking a sip, guess what floated onto her lips? It was a giant one too.

that is so fucking disturbing. I want to cry almost.

The hot chocolate freaks me out; I keep thinking that in the process of trying to break it up she chopped up some bug bits.

As someone from the northern midwest, my first few months living in rural Georgia were quite an education. I got to learn about venomous snakes, red ants, alligators, etc. However, I did not know that the "palmetto bugs" (giant cockroaches) flew until after about a year I lived there, when one flew at my head and landed on the shower curtain. I was utterly horrified and appalled. Even my dogs hair would stand up on her back when one of those things got in the house.

I think my co-workers got a thrill when I would describe what horrible insect I encountered, they would tell me how poisonous it was, and then they would get to see how freaked out I was.

I think I will have bug nightmares tonight.

I once ate ants. It was dark and we were campin and I thought to myself: This croissant is a lot crunshier than it should be. Switched on the flashlight and puked for the rest of the night after I discovered that all of the croissant and all of my arm had been covered with millions of tiny black ants.

Some of the ants I puked up were still crawling.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Bronze Member

All of these stories are making my skin crawl.

My grandmother seems to have bad luck when it comes to bugs in her food/drinks. One time when she was visiting my aunt, she was sitting out on the porch and went to take a sip from her beer can, and lo and behold, out zoomed a large bee out into her mouth. Of course the bee was pissed off at almost being swallowed, and stung my poor grandmother right on the lip.

Another time she had just brought a bag of cereal home from the grocery store. After pouring herself a bowl, she went to sit down and eat it. As she brought the spoon to her mouth, she noticed something crawling around. It was an ant. She then noticed ants all over her cereal. She ran to the kitchen, pulled the cereal bag from the box, and saw literally hundreds of ants crawling about. Oh god that must have been disgusting. Thank goodness she noticed in time.

Chilly, that is horrifying!

Eli

Ew, OP!
    I nearly did the same with a spider last week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information