Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: How A (US) Big Mac Affects Your Body In 60 Minutes

Oh boy Bitter we still have El Pollo Locos, they are everywhere in Socal. I agree with you it definitely is the healthiest fast food. It's unbelievable how their menu has grown, no burgers, but you can buy just about any Mexican dish there now.
    BITTER likes this.

Boy, do I miss them. Someone in Philly tried to start a franchise here, but it closed down for lack of interest.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Boy, do I miss them. Someone in Philly tried to start a franchise here, but it closed down for lack of interest.
    The economics of fast food is kind of interesting. A McDonald's grilled-chicken sandwich meal will cost you about 6.75. But you could buy a whole rotisserie chicken out here at about $6, and four hamburger buns for $1, slice up the breast meat and make four-huge chicken breast sandwiches out of it.

I'd rather just buy a whole chicken for $5-6, put it in my own rotisserie, and get dinner and lunch out of it myself. I don't trust the rotisserie chicken in grocery stores since they coast the same or less than a raw chicken. How is that possible? Are they using expired chickens or something? Creeps me out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'd rather just buy a whole chicken for $5-6, put it in my own rotisserie, and get dinner and lunch out of it myself. I don't trust the rotisserie chicken in grocery stores since they coast the same or less than a raw chicken. How is that possible? Are they using expired chickens or something? Creeps me out.
    I don't know. In our store, you can pick a pedigreed right out of the incubator - just like in Red Lobster.

But in reality, it seems to be a loss leader for most stores - positioned next to overpriced items that you will buy with the chicken (cole slaw, mashed potatoes, etc.).

Gold Member

I ate 2 Big Macs and a medium fry about 2 weeks ago for lunch. An hour later, I didn't feel any different than I did beforehand.

It's all about personal responsibility. If you eat it a couple of times a month, it's no big deal. But if you do it daily, then you might develop some problems. But the burger, nor the business, is to blame.

A couple of times a month is fine. Unless of course, the rest of your meals are made up of things like Hungry Man Dinners and candy. Then it might be a problem. But that person's overall diet is bad. Not the fast food every other week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information