Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How long have you gone without eating?

Last month I was sick and couldn't keep anything down, so I ended up not eating for a week. I did drink alot of pedialyte though.
    ..and I mean that from the heart of my bottom..

It's really unhealthy to go too long without nutrition...like more than 12 hours during the night or 4 hours during the day, your body will be deprived and have to steal nutrition from your bones and muscles...not good. Also your brain won't function correctly. So if your physical health doesn't matter to you, at least eat so you won't be mentally impaired.

Ugh I recently had the stomach flu and could only stomach water and apple juice. Did'nt eat anything solid for almost 3 days.

When I was in college, I had an eating disorder---it began in high school, and carried into my twenties. I used to basically eat only one meal a day (buttered pasta for dinner, that's it). And on the weekends, I often ate absolutely nothing. For three or four days. Nothing. On a regular basis. And then I'd walk and run everywhere, and then collapse for a day. It was bad. I didn't do it because of my body image, but because of depression and coping with abuse. My blood sugar was always f*cked up and I fainted occasionally. If I took a shower, I needed to take a nap afterwards.

I weighed about 95-100 lbs and was a size zero or smaller.

Now I eat food. I fluctuate between a size four and a size 6. I can't believe I used to NOT EAT for entire weekends.

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

A couple days, I have this thing with food, not an eating disorder, nothing to do with my weight or image.

I am just too damn lazy sometimes to get up and make something to eat. And if I wait too long to eat, then all thoughts of food make me want to puke.

^ how do you function without eating for so long?

The longest I've gone with absolutely 0 food is probably 5-7 days...

I see there are quite a few eating disorder sufferers on this thread and I am one as well...

When I first developed anorexia when I was 15 nearly 7 years ago I literally went like months surviving on nothing but water, a few crackers and cheerios...

My weight plummeted and I was so exhausted all the time I literally couldn't even walk up stairs without needing to go take a nap afterwards...

I had cut out all junk food and fast food and didn't eat either for like two years...

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Me 24 hours. Because I wasn't hungry and then I realised how long it had been and thought: Shit! Better eat something. And so I did.
    60 hours, but I had help: a morphine drip and 2 percs every 3 hours. Type A narcotics really kill an appetite

Only reason I forced 3 tablespoons of applesauce & a meat patty down my throat Day 3 was because they wouldn't allow me to leave unless I ate something. Knocking back pedialyte helped big time!
    Anyone considering fasting should keep that in mind.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

A couple of weeks I think, then another couple after that where I only maybe had a cup of tea a day or a slice of bread. I was severly depressed and lost any appetite or will to eat. Still managed to function in daily life to a certain level, just didn't desire food one bit.

Edited to add, I didn't get tired or feel sick or anything from not eating either. I was so stressed out and highly strung, I was running on on a panic feeling and it kept me going really well. Considering I have an addiction to food, it was a weird month for me. I lost heaps of weight and because that cheered me up, I began to eat again.

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

Quote Originally Posted by khaebs View Post
    ^ how do you function without eating for so long?

Honetly? Liquids. Water makes me feel full. I know it is not healthy. It is not like I do it every day. I don't intentionally starve myself. I have gone days without food though.

But I survive on liquids throughout the day and the only time I eat is at dinner, when I sit with my family and eat.

I make my kids food throughout the day. But when I cook something for them I think about eating it while I'm cooking and then when it is done, I just can't.
    But I do eat dinner with them. So, one meal a day. Like I said, I know it is not healthy.
    Food is just not something I like.

Let me tell ya what though, my kids have saved my life, in a lot of ways. My first pregnancy is the reason I didn't commit suicide, she is also the reason I dropped a meth addiction.
    And now I eat a meal everyday because I know their little faces are at the dinner table waiting for me. If it was just me, I wouldn't do it, but it is not just me I live for.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I'm glad you do it for your kids, but I think you should do it for yourself too. I'm sure your kids think you are worth it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information