Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long have you gone without eating?

60 days without eating solid food. i had gotten extremely ill and had completely lost the sense of hunger. somehow i would manage to get up to go to the bathroom but that was about it. i ended up losing around 20lbs (1.4 stone).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Geez, how can anyone voluntarily go so long without eating? After 6 to 8 hours without anything substantial, I'm ready to eat my own arm. After 12, I'd probably collapse.
    Tell me about it. Normally, I last for about 3-4 hours. I went 12 hours once because I was having surgery. good thing for me I was sleeping for most of those 12 hours before I went to the hospital.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

4 days - it was deliberately to make my parents worry. I didn't sneak out, drink, contract STDS, and do drugs like kids my age did, but I gave them heart ache in other ways.

I can't really go too long nowadays, I get the shakes, feel faint, get bad headaches - I need to eat.

I guess about 12 hours...

24 hrs no food or water.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Apparently the human body can go without food, but not water. Its what we're mostly made of, so that makes sense.

17 days. Back in 1983 in the throes of anorexia. I started to collapse and pass out in the shower on the 17th day and finally ate something.

I would NEVER recommend any kind of extended fast (beyond 3 days) of any kind..even if non-liquid food is used, and multivitamins are used. Only if it would for some reason be 'medically necessary' that is(if you were sick or something..had a disease, etc and had no choice).
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Apparently the human body can go without food, but not water. Its what we're mostly made of, so that makes sense.
    I have to tell ya it is definately hard. It is for Yom Kippur every year and let me tell you. I get so hungry and thirsty mostly because I can't have it.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    Yeah, i did the 30 days without solid food too, in high school.

There's been a couple of times when i have been sick and haven't eaten, but i can't think that i didn't have something. I was very sick in highschool with tonsillitis, strep throat AND mono and i couldn't even drink water (although i must have choked some down or i would be dead). I know i lost 10 pounds in a week. Another time i had a bad reaction to the general anaesthetic when i had my tonsils removed ( i was 17) and i spent the week barely conscious, only waking to take my liquid codeine. That was hell.
    When i get really, really stressed or depressed i stop eating, happened this past fall and i lost 12 pounds in a short time. But i still eat SOMETHING.
    Yeah I can relate, during times of illness I cant eat either, I once was in the hospital after emergency surgery & lost about 20lbs in two weeks, I was not hungry & combined with the gross food & illness the weight dropped off. (everyone thought I looked great).
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

the longest I've gone w/o eating was 14 days. I was trying that lemonade diet that Beyonce did. I lasted the whole thing and lost 12 pounds. I gained half of it back when I started eating again. I didn't follow the recomended diet afterwards b/c I wanted food so badly after I was off. I was craving all sorts of junk even though they claim your food cravings would be gone by the fifth day of fasting. All I could think about was food the whole time. I wouldn't recomend anyone do that diet unless you have to lose weight quickly for something, or you will eat healthy after the fast is over. It takes a shit-load of will power though. I guess i just wanted to try it mainly to see if I had the will power to do it.

5-6 days. But definitely not intentionally. I was in the 9th grade and had a particularly bad case of stomach flu. Almost had to be hospitalized for dehydration (truthfully, should have been). Even just drinking fluids I vomited daily for those days. Then finally I was able to do soup and nibble crackers for a couple days. All told, I lost about 11 pounds in 7 days. Which was really bad since I only weighed about 100-105# at the time beforehand.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    4 days - it was deliberately to make my parents worry. I didn't sneak out, drink, contract STDS, and do drugs like kids my age did, but I gave them heart ache in other ways.

I can't really go too long nowadays, I get the shakes, feel faint, get bad headaches - I need to eat.
    i used to do that to my parents as well ... i also have the bad habit of living on a diet of orange juice and water when im studying because i don't feel like i have the time to sit down to eat a proper snack/meal i have been known to go on for 3 days before realising that i have only been drinking juice and not eating
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

This thread makes me hungry.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

This thread reminds me of the fact that tomorrow is Diet Day 1.......... boohoo!

Hit By Ban Bus!

i've only gone one day

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information