Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long have you gone without eating?

I went about 2 months without food entering my mouth. I had jaw replacement surgery and couldn't eat because my mouth was wired shut.
    It was a miserable time.

i couldn't eat anything for about 2 weeks after my father died. i don't think i had anything but water, coffee, herbal tea and some broth. i'm surprised i didn't pass out because i couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours a night either.

intentionally, i went on a couple of crazy crash diets/fasts as a teenager where i didn't have anyhthing but coffee, water and juice for 3-4 days. these days, when things get crazy at work and i don't have time to eat, by the evening i'm feeling weak, cranky and i get headaches.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    Shalev. Everything will be fine. One of my good friends was anorexic when we were teens, she was hopitalized twice. She's doing great now. Never give up hope
    I'm glad she's ok now..
    I mean, I hope she's 100% ok, and only she can know that..

I spent so many times in so many hospitals, and I'm talking about days, months and years, but this time I really want to get better, life is beautiful

Last year I gained like 22 kilos, and now I'm 56 kg on 1.65 cm.
    Still have eating disorders and lots of problems because of it, but I know I'm on the right way, so it's all good

Not long. I am hungry ALL the time and must snack a ton. Granted, I eat pretty damn healthily but still, I have a bottomless pit in my stomach, I'm sure.

4 days... I was on a class retreat and I REFUSED to eat what they had for meals. By day 5, they had called my mom.

Geez, how can anyone voluntarily go so long without eating? After 6 to 8 hours without anything substantial, I'm ready to eat my own arm. After 12, I'd probably collapse.

After going through some massive emotional trauma, combined with one of my family members going through some scary medical shit, I went about 7 - 10 days. I would stand up and almost pass out. I lost so much weight, and I'm small to begin with. I looked like an alien.

My longest was about 4 days, coke binge and studying for finals in college. I honestly couldn't eat right for about a week afterwards, just nibbled here and there. To top it off I didn't even do good on my tests...probably the lack of food and sleep caused my brain to stop working
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I can't eat when I'm sad or stressed.

So, a long time. It's painful to start again after a long time of not eating. You can hardly chew and the tummy is sewed shut.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

It definitely wasn't very long i can tell you that! I'm always hungry and need something to snack on!

Silver Member

7-8 hours? lol

i also went through some serious emotional trauma a year and a half ago and pretty much stopped eating for like 3 weeks. i chain smoked and lived on diet coke and probably ate only half a cup of applesauce every few days. i too was so uninterested in eating and the idea and smell of food made me ill. i wasn't sleeping much and i lost like 15 pounds and looked awful.

under normal circumstances, i've probably only gone a day or less without eating. i rarely miss a meal but i do forget once in a while.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

2 Days, back in high school.

I was going to ask a cheerleader to the prom and it came at the culmination of a furious workout/dieting regimen.

30 days without eating solid food. I was on a fast & being young and crazy it didnt seem to affect me much. I'm amazed I survived.....
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Yeah, i did the 30 days without solid food too, in high school.

There's been a couple of times when i have been sick and haven't eaten, but i can't think that i didn't have something. I was very sick in highschool with tonsillitis, strep throat AND mono and i couldn't even drink water (although i must have choked some down or i would be dead). I know i lost 10 pounds in a week. Another time i had a bad reaction to the general anaesthetic when i had my tonsils removed ( i was 17) and i spent the week barely conscious, only waking to take my liquid codeine. That was hell.
    When i get really, really stressed or depressed i stop eating, happened this past fall and i lost 12 pounds in a short time. But i still eat SOMETHING.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information