Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: How do you eat eggs? The non-political egg thread

Elite Member

My summer obsession has been scrambled eggs with tomatoes, fresh basil and goat cheese. That, and mangoes.

Leave out the mangos and I'm with ya. To clarify, I don't think you're adding the mangos to the eggs. That would just be wrong.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Leave out the mangos and I'm with ya. To clarify, I don't think you're adding the mangos to the eggs. That would just be wrong.
    No mangos with the eggs. I've become obsessed with them this summer, though.

The goat cheese tomato basil egg thing -- I could eat it every day. Switch it up by adding some other veggies, sometimes throw in some turkey sausage. Love it.

i've been doing a healthier version of my egg sandwiches lately for breakfast, at least when i'm not running super late and actually have 5 minutes to cook something. just one piece of toast with an over-easy egg and avocado slices on top. no butter, no cheese, no 2nd piece of bread. and i find it keeps me just as full as when i do the whole sandwich so...
    fgg, Nevan and tulip like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Every morning, I have a piece of Ezekiel bread - sometimes with some goat cheese - with soaked chia seeds and a poached egg on top.
    OK, sometimes for dinner too, I love eggs

fgg

i love panera's egg souffles...so yummy!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Every morning, I have a piece of Ezekiel bread - sometimes with some goat cheese - with soaked chia seeds and a poached egg on top.
    OK, sometimes for dinner too, I love eggs
    What's the deal with Ezekiel bread? I keep hearing about it. Is it super healthy? Does it taste yummy?

^It's made from sprouted grains as opposed to flour, so it doesn't spike your glucose, in theory keeping you fuller longer. Also helps your body process vitamins & whatnot more quickly and is good for digestion. And it really is all natural, you have to keep it in either the fridge or freezer because it spoils quicker due to no preservatives. Plus regular bread is just too sweet to me after having been eating the ezekiel. Only downside is it's 5 bucks a loaf
    tulip likes this.

czb

^^^ i've seen ezekiel in the refrigerator case in the store. so how's the texture?

It's pretty tough and dry for me. It doesn't toast too well, I think it comes out hard and bricky when I've tried putting it in the toaster. But I like it anyway, just haven't had it in a while.

It's good with avocado and other "moist" ingredients like tomatoes, or mayo, egg-salad, etc.
    tulip likes this.

It's definitely not pillowy like regular bread, though I haven't had any problems and I toast it.
    I eat it with poached eggs, and I like them runny, so it soaks up the yolks which helps
    tulip likes this.

Since my gastrectomy, I cannot eat eggs sunny side up anymore. I get nauseous. Scrambled, omelets, boiled, any other which way, even fried hard. But the gooey, runny yolk makes me wanna hurl.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

^I've had that reaction to runny yolks since puberty. I wonder what causes it.
    BITTER and tulip like this.

Ezekiel bread with egg, tomato and avocado..... yum.

I've been on a pesto kick lately and decided to put some in my scrambled eggs along with some diced tomato and a bit of fresh basil. Everyone i've told thinks it's gross but I love it.
    DeChayz, gas_chick and tulip like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^pesto on eggs is definitely NOT gross. Yum.

One of the only foods I truly crave is egg yolk - I have to make medium fried eggs a few times a week. I actually mourn when I break a yolk - despite my addiction, I totally suck at flipping eggs.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information