Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: How do you eat eggs? The non-political egg thread

I remember Denny's having a lot more variety of food choices years ago; they seemed to have really downsized their menu in the last few years...
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Waffle House, y'all!
    Co-sign the Waffle House. Though when there I usually go for the hash browns scattered, smothered (sautéed onions), covered (cheese), chunked (ham), and capped (mushrooms). I skip the peppered (jalapeños), topped (chili), and diced (tomatoes) options.

With eggs, I usually go for scrambled with cheese.

This thread is making me ravenous.
    stella blue and Waterslide like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

So when are we going to have a GR Waffle House meet up so I can be properly initiated into this magic hash brown thing?
    Beeyotch and tulip like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Scott Foley has an, um, interesting breakfast combination he’d like everyone to try.The Scandal star shook up the food world after he posted a video of himself spreading peanut butter all over his scrambled eggs. His son, Konrad, 2, also appears to be a fan of the unconventional dish. “You want more peanut butter on your eggs?” he says, translating an unintelligible — yet adorable — question from his youngest child with wife, Marika Domińczyk. “It’s a family thing. It’s a protein thing.”
    The video quickly racked up 10,000 likes in 30 minutes and now has over 50,000 views. “You guys are insane — insane,” he says in a followup video. “It’s so good. Don’t knock it till you try it. Thanks! Peanut butter eggs. Dig it.”

http://people.com/food/scott-foley-peanut-butter-eggs-instagram/
    Freakin' weirdo.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    See, the pregnancy thing makes me think there must be a hormonal tie to some food aversions. When I was little, I distinctly remember *liking* the flavor of runny egg yolks. Then around 8 or 9, the smell made me sick. I had a very early onset puberty (9/10), so that would be right around when my hormones changed.
    You may be on to something. The only time I ever got sick during pregnancy was after having scrambled eggs that I had made.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Freakin' weirdo.
    J likes to make grape jelly omelettes.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    J likes to make grape jelly omelettes.

I used to make these as a teen. One of my first culinary attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    I've never heard of them except from he and his sisters.

Is this a tribute to Jonathan Swift? I like them hard-boiled, scrambled or in omelettes

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    You may be on to something. The only time I ever got sick during pregnancy was after having scrambled eggs that I had made.
    That's interesting because when I was pregnant, eating a lot of protein was I swear the only reason I never got morning sickness. I was going to a reproductive endocrinologist for quite some time and he was always harping on protein, protein, protein. He said he's seen it help so many women in his practice that he was convinced low protein was the cause of morning sickness.

I was pregnant a few years before this (but lost it early) and I was so freaking sick I thought I would die. My then husband literally had to hand feed me fresh fruit (mostly oranges) and then I'd go puke it up. I couldn't even keep fluids down. One thing I didn't and couldn't eat ... protein. Obviously since we were going through infertility treatments the next few times around, we knew exactly when I conceived and from that moment on, my husband made me scrambled eggs every single morning before work and on the weekends. Almost every single night we had a roasted chicken from BJs. I don't know if it's a crock of shit or not, but it made all the difference in the world to me during those two pregnancies. YMMV

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    It was coffee for Ma Kitty. It suddenly started tasting like ditchwater and one sip was enough to make her sick and as her pregnancies progressed even the smell of it was enough to make her gag. Everything went back to normal after giving birth though.

Back to eggs - I'm seriously considering banning Bloke's morning boiled eggs, no matter how much they seem to help his reflux. The 'fall out' is getting a little hard to bear. And there is NO WAY that I'm going to give in to his occasional requests to get a jar of pickled eggs!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I remember Denny's having a lot more variety of food choices years ago; they seemed to have really downsized their menu in the last few years...
    I agree. There are number of things I used to get they no longer carry. I have liked some of the weird stuff off of their movie tie-in menus. The Hobbit one was particularly amusing and really good, too. But I kind of miss some of their more basic stuff.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I've never heard of them except from he and his sisters.
    Nothing is better than an egg, bacon and jelly sandwich on toast. Grape jelly only.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Yes, there is!! Especially if you are a South Jersey/Philly dweller. Pork roll, fried egg, and cheese on a hard roll. Best breakfast ever.

I'm telling ya, New York wins with the roll, egg, cheese and bacon. I want to fly there right now just to get one.

Thread Information