Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot dogs should carry a warning label, lawsuit says

I know tons of vegetarians and vegans who aren't pushy or obnoxious at all about their choices. There are some raw-food-diet people in my community who get on my nerves, though, as well as some people who will treat you like a pariah if they find out that you ever eat a fast food meal, or if you sometimes buy some things that aren't organic, or if dessert is eaten. It's all about boundaries, so even though I agree that minimizing meat consumption is good for people individually and collectively, I also love a nice steak once in a while.

As for the story, there are so many things that can cause cancer, where do you draw the line? For example, grilling foods causes carcinogens to form in them. Should charcoal bricquets come with a warning? Should grills have a big label on top telling people about the cancer risk?
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

^^^^
    i totally agree that it's about boundaries and respecting other people's choices. the militant vegans/vegetarians i'm talking about automatically assume that if people eat meat, it's because they are ignorant and need to be educated, which they then proceed to do, and make people want to punch them. guess what? it isn't. i can read. i can know all the same stuff you do. and guess what? i still choose to eat meat. not every day and i buy organic whenever possible and try to limit the damage but ultimately, my belief is that humans are omnivores and if we have canines, it's for eating meat. doesnt't mean we have to or that we need it to survive but the option is there and it's a damn tasty one.

my best friend has been a vegetarian (though she eats fish and seafood occasionally) since she was 5 years old and her parents couldn't force her to eat meat anymore. and it was never an issue and we were practically joined at the hip for years, our families used to joke that they each had a new adoptive daughter.
    she's married to a french carnivore who loves his steak and it's never been an issue either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^

my best friend has been a vegetarian (though she eats fish and seafood occasionally) since she was 5 years old and her parents couldn't force her to eat meat anymore. and it was never an issue and we were practically joined at the hip for years, our families used to joke that they each had a new adoptive daughter.
    she's married to a french carnivore who loves his steak and it's never been an issue either.
    Your friend is a pescetarian!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I so want a hot dog wrapped in bologna... Going to Attmanns for lunch.
    dude, i eat meat, but a hot dog wrapped in bologna? oh, hell no. that sounds barftastic.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This thread is responsible for making me go out to the local 24 hour supermarket to buy hotdogs in the middle of the night. I decided a bacon sarnie just wasn't going to be the same and the hotdog craving was too strong to ignore.

And my meaty cancer sticks were bloody delicious.

Hot dogs are just gross. All the crap that goes in those things.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Wanting to put a warning label on products that have been known to cause cancer?? Oh noes, those militant vegans have gone too far!! LOL.

Consumers should welcome ANY packaging that allows them to make a more informed choice about what is being put into their bodies. If the Cancer Project people wanted to be "militant" they could have tried shutting down the processing plants or banned hot dogs and other processed meats altogether. And who cares if there are vegans warning people about cancer, they have a right to speak their concerns about other people's welfare. Non-smokers warn about the dangers of smoking all the time.

They didn't, they recommended putting a bit of text on a label. I see why the processed food companies have their wieners in a twist, but a warning label isn't going to keep anyone from their precious hot dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    dude, i eat meat, but a hot dog wrapped in bologna? oh, hell no. that sounds barftastic.
    A raw hot dog tastes just like bologna. Now I want a dog with some mustard and sauerkraut.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Hot dogs are just gross. All the crap that goes in those things.
    Hey you just stop right there lol I don't want to know mmmkay
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Wanting to put a warning label on products that have been known to cause cancer?? Oh noes, those militant vegans have gone too far!! LOL.

Consumers should welcome ANY packaging that allows them to make a more informed choice about what is being put into their bodies. If the Cancer Project people wanted to be "militant" they could have tried shutting down the processing plants or banned hot dogs and other processed meats altogether. And who cares if there are vegans warning people about cancer, they have a right to speak their concerns about other people's welfare. Non-smokers warn about the dangers of smoking all the time.

They didn't, they recommended putting a bit of text on a label. I see why the processed food companies have their wieners in a twist, but a warning label isn't going to keep anyone from their precious hot dogs.
    non-smokers complain about smokers because second-hand smoke affects them. i've never heard of second-hand hot dog cancer but hey, correct me if i'm wrong.

besides, what doesn't cause cancer? pesticides in fruit and vegetables, the air we breathe, medications, etc.. and it's not just cancer. what about the consequences of excessive soy consumption (can mimic estrogen in the body), obesity (there should be warnings on sugar packages, candy, chips, pretty much all high-calorie food then), etc, etc, etc...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

When I read the title, I thought they meant you might gag and choke on the hot dogs.

Gawd, I have such a dirty mind.
    A woman has the age she deserves.
    -Coco Chanel

If someone is stupid enough to know that eating hot dogs isn't healthy cry me a river.

processed meat makes me feel sick, im pretty sure because of all the fats that get grinded up...so I can barely eat half a hot dog, does that mean im safe from colon cancer and from preachy vegans?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information