Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horse meat may be back on the menu

I won't be eating it. Not after having friends who have horses. I think if people have never been around an animal, it's easier to eat and not think nothing of it, however, I have had friends who named their cows only to eat them a little while later.

I could never eat an animal I was acquainted with. I know that's probably hypocritical, but if it has a name, it's not food anymore.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

All of this reminded me of this video that has been in my head since I watched it few weeks ago. (also haven't eaten beef since) Not sure if that will last, but it's this video that enters my mind when I'm tempted.
    I could never eat horse. Never even tried deer.
    I am scared and don't want to die. - YouTube
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

An animal is an animal. Which is why I don't eat any meat. I love animals, I really don't want to eat them. The way in which they are slaughtered is just horrible.

What about unwanted cats and dogs? You could solve hunger overnight in the United States with that as part of the food supply.

I've been offered dog, in the Phillipines. I passed, but some of the people I was with dug in. It's called asocena. It was a dark meat, a little fatty looking.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've been offered dog, in the Phillipines. I passed, but some of the people I was with dug in. It's called asocena. It was a dark meat, a little fatty looking.
    Did you try balut? I was always curious about that particular cuisine.

No. The sight put me off. I chickened out and had tokneneng, which is the version for cowards, lol.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    An animal is an animal. Which is why I don't eat any meat. I love animals, I really don't want to eat them. The way in which they are slaughtered is just horrible.
    The actual slaughter is not that bad nowadays (depends where and except for ritual slaughter). The main issue is that the slaughter is the end of misery and life of pain.

Pigs are wonderfully affectionate and act just like dogs. I've always found cows to be sweet too

All of THIS! I could no sooner eat a horse than I could my kitties.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

One of the rescue ranchers here was saying on the news that there were so very many horses being abandoned now because of drought, that this was actually a good thing. That the horses would be humanely killed rather than slowly starving to death and the meat shipped to countries who use it anyway. That made me rethink this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Jeez...ewww. I'm sure meat is meat but this is fucking creepy to me. I can't imagine being the owner of one of these beautiful animals and dumping them off to the slaughterhouse.

Gross and sad.
    that's what you're supposed to think, they want you to think of horses as pets so that the slaughterhouses don't get built.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I won't be eating it. Not after having friends who have horses. I think if people have never been around an animal, it's easier to eat and not think nothing of it, however, I have had friends who named their cows only to eat them a little while later.
    So, I shouldn't have called our Xmas turkey George? Damn it! I knew I was doing something wrong.... (but it was fun to tell my mil while she was stuffing her face!!!) *evil*

A lot of breeds of animals would be extinct if it wasn't for folks breeding them to eat. I was a vegetarian for a long time 15 yrs until I went to live on a farm. I saw animals treated with respect & valued & saw a lot more about food politics other than what the petards want people to see. Now I eat meat, but I'm very picky about where it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubah View Post
    The actual slaughter is not that bad nowadays (depends where and except for ritual slaughter). The main issue is that the slaughter is the end of misery and life of pain.
    see above.
    Incidently, meat reared in those circumstances do not make good food due to the hormones in the meat. I don't know what country you are in, but you need to be aware that different countries have different food standards, different medicines allowed/disallowed & import/export rules.

I can see that a large slaughterhouse built in certain areas would not be wanted, but it also seems to me that some of those states have high unemployment or are rural?
    Also the transportation of animals thousands of miles prior to slaughter is not in the interest of the animals or business, so I guess that this will both be built & will operate.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    Pigs are wonderfully affectionate and act just like dogs. I've always found cows to be sweet too
    This. Pigs are highly intelligent, loving and faithful. They have adorable little faces. I don't see the difference between eating a pig and a dog. Or horses, for that matter.

People are grossed out by horse meat, yet they hapily eat claws/ eyes/ intestines McNuggets. Yum.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    This. Pigs are highly intelligent, loving and faithful. They have adorable little faces. I don't see the difference between eating a pig and a dog. Or horses, for that matter.

People are grossed out by horse meat, yet they hapily eat claws/ eyes/ intestines McNuggets. Yum.
    Or mechanically recovered meat (MRM), that stuff is nasty.
    As a meat eater I think that people should know where their food comes from & how it is produced. Yes, a lot of folks would go vegetarian (not a bad thing), but this also made me back into a meat eater because if it's them or me, I'm a surviver.

I also think that folks knowing where their food comes from would help with the obesity as it might make people start cooking again.
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information