Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fried Chicken..your favorite?

Default Re: Fried Chicken..your favorite?

I'll agree with some people on here that KFC is good. After seeing how they treat those chickens, it's just sad. But everyone can do whatever they want, it affects people differently. I checked out the facts and I'm not sure if I want to eat KFC anymore of not but that's just me.

Uh no. I noticed it all on my own thanks.

If you do not know what you are talking about, maybe its best to stay silent. If you want to eat chicken, then eat chicken but don't gloat about it in such an immature fashion. factory farming is a very cruel, cruel practice and I don't think anyone who knew anything about it would joke about it in such an ignorant manner.
    Not preachy at ALL. Noooo.. what are you talking about.

Btw, just out of curiosity... you get carded for cigs sometimes you said in another thread.. and then this:

So animals continue to suffer because assholes refuse to quit smoking at this point? Come on show me something that is WORTH it.
    How are you all up in arms over growth hormones and antibiotics in KFC when you're busy inhaling 4000 carcinogenic chemicals including benzyne, cyanide and formaldehyde with every smoke? Are you buying them for someone else?

Doesn't make much sense.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki
    Then quote where I was preachy. My point being that one person said I was preachy and others are saying I am preachy because of that. The same person also accused me of throwing out PETA stuff in this thread.
    pushy might be a better term. It's the "pushing" of the idea that puts people off. If someone makes a joke about chicken, that person is "ignorant" and "should educate themselves before they speak" - chicken rights being the big, important issue of the decade. It's the - you're either with me all the way or against me all the way attitude about chicken. You seem to believe you've got the market cornered on knowledge and if you scream it the loudest then you win. It's not about the chicken's rights, it's about you being right at any cost.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I know by now that someone would have quoted me if I sounded preachy. Simple fact is that I have not. I already was accused of bringing up PETA in a fried chicken thread and that was a complete falsehood. I am fine with disagreement but damn lets at least keep it true!!!
    Ok, so if you don't like the label "preachy," how's about one of these:
    self-righteous
    sanctimonious
    judgemental
    condescending

You're right. Perhaps "preachy" was the wrong word. But isn't that what zealots do? Preach?

Smoking only hurts me.
    Well, actually...smoking hurts those around you as well. It is an offensive smell to most and second hand smoke kills too.

I don't eat factory chicken any more, and I gave up pork a while ago, but one thing I've noticed over the years that the people doing the most lecturing about eating only raw veggies, organic etc. etc. tend to have quite a few bad habits themselves. It's like -- I only eat pure, organic food, never drink alcohol, and then they light up a Marlboro. I've seen it so many times I've stopped counting.

I've switched to organic and am seriously considering joining my hubby in becoming a vegetarian since I'm three-quarters there anyway, but the thing is -- I feel better when I eat fish/chicken once or twice a week. And every few months or so, I'll have lamb or a steak. But I do avoid the mass-produced stuff. I've never been the type to insist everybody do it my way or they are some kind of idiot. If I ever get like that, I'm counting on my friends to slap me upside the head, which most would do cheerfully!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    I'm not gonna do the work for you, tiki. Read your own posts and figure it out. If I am capable of rereading my posts when someone complains, then so are you.

I told him to pick his boogers and play air guitar AND HE DID!! Not at the same time, though.

Now I'm gonna tell him to juggle six cats. Think he will?
    I love to tell him to do semi dirty stuff like floor humping and ass spanking.

And who else does smoking hurt? EVERYONE IN AIR BREATHING DISTANCE!!! Like innocent children, like old timers with emphasema and those with asthma.

I've switched to organic and am seriously considering joining my hubby in becoming a vegetarian since I'm three-quarters there anyway, but the thing is -- I feel better when I eat fish/chicken once or twice a week. And every few months or so, I'll have lamb or a steak. But I do avoid the mass-produced stuff. I've never been the type to insist everybody do it my way or they are some kind of idiot. If I ever get like that, I'm counting on my friends to slap me upside the head, which most would do cheerfully!
    Hey PB have you ever tried fresh buffalo meat? The organic farm I get most of my meat from has buffalo and I've come to prefer it over beef now. It's not as fatty as beef.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    I love to tell him to do semi dirty stuff like floor humping and ass spanking.

And who else does smoking hurt? EVERYONE IN AIR BREATHING DISTANCE!!! Like innocent children, like old timers with emphasema and those with asthma.
    He didn't hump the floor when I told him to - he walked up to the screen and shook his finger "no-no" to me.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

If someone is going to post some good Cajun recipes can they please include some substituitons for pork products since I don't eat those.? Also for crawfish since we can't get that here...also other substitutions for seafood that would not be available here or that may be too expensive(like lobster). thanks!!!
    hungry for seafood and fried chicken both!!!!

*** I did look at the PETA chicken abuse video. It was revolting, I admit. but I think it reflects less on KFC and more on the sadistic morons in the video. It happened in West Virginia, ya know. I am surprised that besides the throwing, stomping, squeezing, twisting, and kicking,..there was not some molestation as well-we are talking about West Virginians in the video...***
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Zee

The subservient chicken will hump the couch but not the floor.

The video is pretty old by now and reflects badly on Pilgrim's pride not KFC.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

This subservient chicken is blowing my mind. I had a narcotic sucker 2 hours ago, so maybe I'm just looped out of my gourd. But....it IS bizarre, right?

All this chicken talk reminds me of when I worked for Perdue as a receptionist. It was a deboning facility. The first day I walked in there, I didn't think I could make it a week because of the smell. The second day, I didn't smell it at all. Anyway, it was kept very, very clean.

Frank Perdue looked like a chicken.

"I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

SVZ

your olfactory system can get overloaded when it's bombarded with the same scent molecules over and over. eventually you stop smelling it.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    your olfactory system can get overloaded when it's bombarded with the same scent molecules over and over. eventually you stop smelling it.
    Is that how your crazy old lady pals with too many cats and overflowing litter boxes can stomach the smell that knocks the rest of us over?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information