Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fried Chicken..your favorite?

Default Re: Fried Chicken..your favorite?

I've heard so much about a place called (and forgive the spelling) Pollo Compero. Apparently their chicken's like crack. Never had it myself, but I love fried chicken like it's my job

Zee

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz
    I've heard so much about a place called (and forgive the spelling) Pollo Compero. Apparently their chicken's like crack. Never had it myself, but I love fried chicken like it's my job
    Ate at one in Chicago. Chicken like crack describes it perfectly. Highly addictive.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

The only chicken I've had that's like crack is roasted chicken in Bavaria. But I found you can make your own 'crack' chicken with a can of Pride of Szeged Chicken Rub seasoning. Rub it on any raw chicken with some lemon, roast the chicken and instant chicken crack of your own without the price of a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    The only chicken I've had that's like crack is roasted chicken in Bavaria. But I found you can make your own 'crack' chicken with a can of Pride of Szeged Chicken Rub seasoning. Rub it on any raw chicken with some lemon, roast the chicken and instant chicken crack of your own without the price of a restaurant.
    Is it really true that if you cut off a chicken's head with a hatchet, it will actually run around for a while(hence the old running around like a chicken with it's head cut off)? Good thing there is KFC cause I don't think I would be up to having to do it all myself from the get-go.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow53
    I make my own oven fried chicken. You dip chichen pieces in milk, then into Bisquick (I used the reduced fat) and whatever herbs you like (I mix the herbs right in with the Bisquick. Then you put it on a cookie sheet which you spray with Pam. Turn them over halfway through the cooking, and they come out tasting like fried, but without the grease. Much easier on my stomach, as I do not do well with grease.
    I make something similar to your recipe that I got out of an Oprah's Cooking with Rosie book. You dip the chicken in a yogourt and herb mix, then use panko breadcrumbs and bake until crispy. Yum!

i have to go to Kroger tonight and that bisquick thing sounds like something I should get. Like fried but without the grease sounds like something I might like

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    I make something similar to your recipe that I got out of an Oprah's Cooking with Rosie book. You dip the chicken in a yogourt and herb mix, then use panko breadcrumbs and bake until crispy. Yum!
    mmm that sounds amazing. and they used to have church's chicken here about 10 years ago served out of harvey's locations but they have long since stopped serving it. i really liked it and they had this amazing hot spice mixture that i'd put on top of the chicken. it was heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    Bisquick is loaded with fat. You might as well run over to KFC and clog up your arteries with the unbelievable amount of bad fat, fat fried in fat, in their chickens that grow up covered in their own shit and piss. MMMMM..fingerlicking good! People that work for KFC don't even eat that shit (and I'm not talking about the dumbasses who fry it up in fat and serve it to you).
    fat fried in fat!...I can't help it I like the piss and shit bred KFC chickens! they taste good! I wonder if shit and piss are part of that 'secret recipe'

I wouldn't doubt it, Soj. They give it that piquant flavour!

A*O

If you eat your chicken raw with the feathers and skin still on they maybe you should rinse the piss off. Otherwise, I'll risk it. As for KFC, I never eat fried chicken (or fried much else for that matter) so yah boo sucks to you Col Sanders.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    If you eat your chicken raw with the feathers and skin still on they maybe you should rinse the piss off. Otherwise, I'll risk it. As for KFC, I never eat fried chicken (or fried much else for that matter) so yah boo sucks to you Col Sanders.
    That's just because you don't have access to Popeye's in Oz. Or do you?

My greatgranny used to have a saying about shit. "Shit washes off" and I've found that applies to many different circumstances in life. Speaking of which I've got some bird shit filled cages to clean this morning...

SVZ

urine's sterile anyways

i'm more irked by things that are sold to people as "health foods" like that wonderful chemical sweetener that's residing permanently in your tissue now. mmm, but it's low calorie so whatever! or that salad that somehow has 100 grams of fat

people don't eat kfc to lose weight, or become healthier

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    urine's sterile anyways
    As disgusting as this sounds you can survive by drinking your own urine if you're in dire circumstances without water. Not that I'm dying to chugalug pee or anything, I just like weird factoids.

" I will have a bucket of xtra shitty, no sides, and ummmm...an xtra large diet urine please"

ETA: the good thing about KFC is that you can get a bucket and still have plenty left over.

Nothing like leftover KFC chicken with some scrambled eggs in the morning.. a meal I like to call Mother and child reunion!hahahahahaha!!!!!
    Last edited by Sojiita; April 15th, 2006 at 02:52 PM.

To The Perdue Chicken Company:

Last night while I was watching TV with my children, a commercial for your product was aired. I was absolutely taken aback by its sleazy content! Frank Perdue was talking like a dirty old man about "juicy thighs and tender young breasts" for the whole entire world to hear all about! Please be informed that I plan on spearheading a nationwide boycott of your company unless you do something to end this kind of blatent sexual immorality and depravity in your advertising!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information