Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Foods you hate

Lil

Default Re: Foods you hate

^^ I saw something about this on the TV (on Brainiac so it must be true ). Apparently asparagus makes some people's wee smell but not others and some people can detect the change in smell and others can't. The proportions of smell producers and smell detectors has a genetic link and varies from country to country.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    ^^ I saw something about this on the TV (on Brainiac so it must be true ). Apparently asparagus makes some people's wee smell but not others and some people can detect the change in smell and others can't. The proportions of smell producers and smell detectors has a genetic link and varies from country to country.

I saw that episode. I love that show, but there's no science in it at all! I do love how they manage to blow up a caravan in every single episode.

there are only 3 things i absolutely refuse to eat: cauliflower, beef tongue and white chocolate.
    the rest i'll eat if that's what's served but i'm not crazy about:
    - very doughy, mushy food like turkey stuffing made with squished bread, quenelles. white bread that isn't toasted, and i eat baguette but i scoop out the mushy white part and only eat the crust. i hate those doughy hamburger and hot dog buns.
    - flan, custards and that type of creamy desserts
    - spongy cakes
    - strawberry ice cream, sorbet is good though
    - flavoured yoghurt. i looove plain. thoughs some coffee and chocolate ones are alright. i mostly hate the ones with the slimy overcooked fruit in them
    - most pasta salads
    - creamed corn
    - canned veggies. especially mushrooms (slimy), green beans, carrots, asparagus. i love canned peas though.
    - rice krispies. most cereal with milk actually. i never liked it, not even as a kid. i'll eat them dry though.
    - cold chocolate milk like nesquick, ovaltine, etc. and hot chocolate mixes are always too sweet. i only like hot cocoa that i can sweeten a tiny bit myself.
    - whipped cream. i order desserts without it
    - chocolate sauce. i looove chocolate but that sauce they put on ice cream is gross
    - flavoured coffee (except for cardamom). but mostly those flavoured coffees from starbucks, etc. and coffee creamer of any kind.
    - fruit teas. they taste fake and gross. i like some natural apple or lemon teas.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    It's not a matter of being picky. But if you HAVE tried it and didn't like it why on earth would you eat it again?
    Because maybe you ate it prepared by someone who couldnt cook for shit, and someone else might be able to do miracles with the same kind of materials??

Well, I just discovered at Thanksgiving that I cannot eat deer meat. I literally can't get it down. I tried twice. Put the venison, made into summer sausage, in my mouth, I chewed, then promptly gagged and ran to the garbage both times.

I was the laughing stock of the family all day. My brother was 'hurt'; it was the first deer he'd ever killed.

We know plenty of hunters, and the concept isn't new to me, but knowing the story behind this specific animal was too much. My brother didn't spare any details. I know I've eaten venison before, when I was a child. My immediate family doesn't hunt much, but most of my dad's and brother's friends hunt a LOT.

Of course my disgust of the meat got my dad on a tangent, and he decided to embark on a conversation about how all the meat I eat is killed. The deer, it turns out, had a lovely death--when compared to cows and chickens, and....whatever else I dare buy in the grocery.

I honestly think I may become vegetarian. I'm being serious, here.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

well, deer and wild meat like that does generally have a stronger, more characteristic flavour.. Almost like liver.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    there are only 3 things i absolutely refuse to eat: cauliflower, beef tongue and white chocolate.
    the rest i'll eat if that's what's served but i'm not crazy about:
    - very doughy, mushy food like turkey stuffing made with squished bread, quenelles. white bread that isn't toasted, and i eat baguette but i scoop out the mushy white part and only eat the crust. i hate those doughy hamburger and hot dog buns.
    - flan, custards and that type of creamy desserts
    - spongy cakes
    - strawberry ice cream, sorbet is good though
    - flavoured yoghurt. i looove plain. thoughs some coffee and chocolate ones are alright. i mostly hate the ones with the slimy overcooked fruit in them
    - most pasta salads
    - creamed corn
    - canned veggies. especially mushrooms (slimy), green beans, carrots, asparagus. i love canned peas though.
    - rice krispies. most cereal with milk actually. i never liked it, not even as a kid. i'll eat them dry though.
    - cold chocolate milk like nesquick, ovaltine, etc. and hot chocolate mixes are always too sweet. i only like hot cocoa that i can sweeten a tiny bit myself.
    - whipped cream. i order desserts without it
    - chocolate sauce. i looove chocolate but that sauce they put on ice cream is gross
    - flavoured coffee (except for cardamom). but mostly those flavoured coffees from starbucks, etc. and coffee creamer of any kind.
    - fruit teas. they taste fake and gross. i like some natural apple or lemon teas.
    We could be the same person except for the creamed corn, custard and cereal with milk! I can't stand anything doughy or slimy either. I'ts not taste so much as texture.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    We could be the same person except for the creamed corn, custard and cereal with milk! I can't stand anything doughy or slimy either. I'ts not taste so much as texture.
    haha
    do people look at you like you're a freak for scooping the mushy part out of the bread and only eating the crust, too?
    lucky for me i have friends who only like the mushy part, so i trade it for their crust

I don;t like spicey foods. Well its not so much that I don't like them I just can't eat them because the hurt my tongue. I have a geographical tongue so spicy foods irritate it

I don't like sickly creamy foods like carbonara (sp?) Or anything with little bits in, makes me feel like theres something wrong with it. I use to be a lover of sausages but I always find little hard lumpy bits in them and it makes me feel sick so I don't eat them now.

I love fish but not when its too fishy, you know what I mean? Like dirty strong smelling fish??
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Ok, im FLABBERGASTED to see only one or two haters of raw onion in here. The rest of my food hates dont come CLOSE to this fucker, im so bad with raw onion that if someone prepares THEIR sarmie on the same breadboard as MY sarmie they might as well just take my sandwich too! QUARRANTINE is word i use when discussing sandwich or salad making, do not let those toxic fuckers TOUCH my food in any way or form! DONT ask me to pick them out of the salad, DONT try to fool me and say "you wont even TASTE it"
    LOVE them cooked.

I feel strongly when i say this, i HATE raw onions! If someone crunches them in my presence, i want to scream. Their stinging flavour makes my whole face scrunch up in fear and my mouth involuntarily opens wide enough so that NOTHING in my mouth can touch the offending onion piece until i can eject it!
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Mango. I love the fake stuff though, like mango flavoured candy and stuff. But I hatehatehate mango. The smell, the taste, the consistence. Yuck.

What I will never eat is blood pudding. Sorry, but I refuse to eat blood
    Mmm... Am I wrong, or did it just get fatter in here?

hehe^^ My fiance is swedish and we live in Sweden.. Recently his parents had us over for paltbröd.. A kind of dark, dry bread made with pigs blood, that you eat soaked. Yeuch!!

OH god that sounds horrible!
    Funny, i also hate mango, but LOVE the dried variety!
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

haha it was pretty bad! I mean just the idea of bread made with blood... I can eat a whole lotta different things, but that was a little too much for me.

blood sausage is delicious though. that swedish stuff sounds gross, but i've had blood sausage in loads of other countries and it's yummy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information