Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 96

Thread: Foods you hate

  1. #76
    Lil
    Lil is offline
    Gold Member Lil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,047

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    ^^ I saw something about this on the TV (on Brainiac so it must be true ). Apparently asparagus makes some people's wee smell but not others and some people can detect the change in smell and others can't. The proportions of smell producers and smell detectors has a genetic link and varies from country to country.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

  2. #77
    Hit By Ban Bus! DisruptiveHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK, soon to be home in the USA
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    ^^ I saw something about this on the TV (on Brainiac so it must be true ). Apparently asparagus makes some people's wee smell but not others and some people can detect the change in smell and others can't. The proportions of smell producers and smell detectors has a genetic link and varies from country to country.

    I saw that episode. I love that show, but there's no science in it at all! I do love how they manage to blow up a caravan in every single episode.

  3. #78
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,851

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    there are only 3 things i absolutely refuse to eat: cauliflower, beef tongue and white chocolate.
    the rest i'll eat if that's what's served but i'm not crazy about:
    - very doughy, mushy food like turkey stuffing made with squished bread, quenelles. white bread that isn't toasted, and i eat baguette but i scoop out the mushy white part and only eat the crust. i hate those doughy hamburger and hot dog buns.
    - flan, custards and that type of creamy desserts
    - spongy cakes
    - strawberry ice cream, sorbet is good though
    - flavoured yoghurt. i looove plain. thoughs some coffee and chocolate ones are alright. i mostly hate the ones with the slimy overcooked fruit in them
    - most pasta salads
    - creamed corn
    - canned veggies. especially mushrooms (slimy), green beans, carrots, asparagus. i love canned peas though.
    - rice krispies. most cereal with milk actually. i never liked it, not even as a kid. i'll eat them dry though.
    - cold chocolate milk like nesquick, ovaltine, etc. and hot chocolate mixes are always too sweet. i only like hot cocoa that i can sweeten a tiny bit myself.
    - whipped cream. i order desserts without it
    - chocolate sauce. i looove chocolate but that sauce they put on ice cream is gross
    - flavoured coffee (except for cardamom). but mostly those flavoured coffees from starbucks, etc. and coffee creamer of any kind.
    - fruit teas. they taste fake and gross. i like some natural apple or lemon teas.

  4. #79
    Gold Member phishtickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    948

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    It's not a matter of being picky. But if you HAVE tried it and didn't like it why on earth would you eat it again?
    Because maybe you ate it prepared by someone who couldnt cook for shit, and someone else might be able to do miracles with the same kind of materials??

  5. #80
    Elite Member Algernon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    3,875

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    Well, I just discovered at Thanksgiving that I cannot eat deer meat. I literally can't get it down. I tried twice. Put the venison, made into summer sausage, in my mouth, I chewed, then promptly gagged and ran to the garbage both times.

    I was the laughing stock of the family all day. My brother was 'hurt'; it was the first deer he'd ever killed.

    We know plenty of hunters, and the concept isn't new to me, but knowing the story behind this specific animal was too much. My brother didn't spare any details. I know I've eaten venison before, when I was a child. My immediate family doesn't hunt much, but most of my dad's and brother's friends hunt a LOT.

    Of course my disgust of the meat got my dad on a tangent, and he decided to embark on a conversation about how all the meat I eat is killed. The deer, it turns out, had a lovely death--when compared to cows and chickens, and....whatever else I dare buy in the grocery.

    I honestly think I may become vegetarian. I'm being serious, here.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

  6. #81
    Gold Member phishtickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    948

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    well, deer and wild meat like that does generally have a stronger, more characteristic flavour.. Almost like liver.

  7. #82
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    there are only 3 things i absolutely refuse to eat: cauliflower, beef tongue and white chocolate.
    the rest i'll eat if that's what's served but i'm not crazy about:
    - very doughy, mushy food like turkey stuffing made with squished bread, quenelles. white bread that isn't toasted, and i eat baguette but i scoop out the mushy white part and only eat the crust. i hate those doughy hamburger and hot dog buns.
    - flan, custards and that type of creamy desserts
    - spongy cakes
    - strawberry ice cream, sorbet is good though
    - flavoured yoghurt. i looove plain. thoughs some coffee and chocolate ones are alright. i mostly hate the ones with the slimy overcooked fruit in them
    - most pasta salads
    - creamed corn
    - canned veggies. especially mushrooms (slimy), green beans, carrots, asparagus. i love canned peas though.
    - rice krispies. most cereal with milk actually. i never liked it, not even as a kid. i'll eat them dry though.
    - cold chocolate milk like nesquick, ovaltine, etc. and hot chocolate mixes are always too sweet. i only like hot cocoa that i can sweeten a tiny bit myself.
    - whipped cream. i order desserts without it
    - chocolate sauce. i looove chocolate but that sauce they put on ice cream is gross
    - flavoured coffee (except for cardamom). but mostly those flavoured coffees from starbucks, etc. and coffee creamer of any kind.
    - fruit teas. they taste fake and gross. i like some natural apple or lemon teas.
    We could be the same person except for the creamed corn, custard and cereal with milk! I can't stand anything doughy or slimy either. I'ts not taste so much as texture.

  8. #83
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,851

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    We could be the same person except for the creamed corn, custard and cereal with milk! I can't stand anything doughy or slimy either. I'ts not taste so much as texture.
    haha
    do people look at you like you're a freak for scooping the mushy part out of the bread and only eating the crust, too?
    lucky for me i have friends who only like the mushy part, so i trade it for their crust

  9. #84
    Elite Member Tiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,106

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    I don;t like spicey foods. Well its not so much that I don't like them I just can't eat them because the hurt my tongue. I have a geographical tongue so spicy foods irritate it

    I don't like sickly creamy foods like carbonara (sp?) Or anything with little bits in, makes me feel like theres something wrong with it. I use to be a lover of sausages but I always find little hard lumpy bits in them and it makes me feel sick so I don't eat them now.

    I love fish but not when its too fishy, you know what I mean? Like dirty strong smelling fish??
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

  10. #85
    Silver Member PlasticGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Africa - Cape Town
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    Ok, im FLABBERGASTED to see only one or two haters of raw onion in here. The rest of my food hates dont come CLOSE to this fucker, im so bad with raw onion that if someone prepares THEIR sarmie on the same breadboard as MY sarmie they might as well just take my sandwich too! QUARRANTINE is word i use when discussing sandwich or salad making, do not let those toxic fuckers TOUCH my food in any way or form! DONT ask me to pick them out of the salad, DONT try to fool me and say "you wont even TASTE it"
    LOVE them cooked.

    I feel strongly when i say this, i HATE raw onions! If someone crunches them in my presence, i want to scream. Their stinging flavour makes my whole face scrunch up in fear and my mouth involuntarily opens wide enough so that NOTHING in my mouth can touch the offending onion piece until i can eject it!
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

  11. #86
    Gold Member gonflable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    830

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    Mango. I love the fake stuff though, like mango flavoured candy and stuff. But I hatehatehate mango. The smell, the taste, the consistence. Yuck.

    What I will never eat is blood pudding. Sorry, but I refuse to eat blood
    Mmm... Am I wrong, or did it just get fatter in here?

  12. #87
    Gold Member phishtickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    948

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    hehe^^ My fiance is swedish and we live in Sweden.. Recently his parents had us over for paltbröd.. A kind of dark, dry bread made with pigs blood, that you eat soaked. Yeuch!!

  13. #88
    Silver Member PlasticGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Africa - Cape Town
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    OH god that sounds horrible!
    Funny, i also hate mango, but LOVE the dried variety!
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

  14. #89
    Gold Member phishtickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    948

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    haha it was pretty bad! I mean just the idea of bread made with blood... I can eat a whole lotta different things, but that was a little too much for me.

  15. #90
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,851

    Default Re: Foods you hate

    blood sausage is delicious though. that swedish stuff sounds gross, but i've had blood sausage in loads of other countries and it's yummy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Top 20 antioxidant foods
    By pacific breeze in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 15th, 2006, 07:57 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2006, 05:42 AM
  3. Do you use canned foods?
    By moomies in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 30th, 2005, 08:40 PM
  4. What foods do you consider unethical to eat?
    By pacific breeze in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: November 19th, 2005, 07:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •