Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Foods you hate

Default Re: Foods you hate

Quote Originally Posted by FierceKiten View Post
    Who the hell likes black licorice anyways, god awful!

I LOVE black licorice! And black jelly beans! And Spingerles! (cookies that are made with anise and taste like black licorice)

I have realized over the years I am in a huge minority.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I don't mind black licorice at all. I have this anise seed candy that I love, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    I LOVE black licorice! And black jelly beans! And Spingerles! (cookies that are made with anise and taste like black licorice)

I have realized over the years I am in a huge minority.
    I love black licorice, especially when it gets a little hard. I like Panda's Finnish licorice, Twizzlers, all sorts, just about anything licorice or anise.

I'm going to look for those cookies, Algernon. They sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post

I'm going to look for those cookies, Algernon. They sound good.

Actually, I don't know that I've ever seen them in the store. I've only had them homemade (I think they are of German origin). The recipe's been in the family for YEARS. I will post a recipe in the Food Thread (it may be a few days cuz I'm going camping tomorrow, but when I get back I'll call my mom for the recipe)!
    Last edited by Algernon; November 10th, 2005 at 04:34 PM.

Yay! Call her! And post it because I will make them.

Cool! Make them and then tell me what you think honestly. They are the type of thing that you either HATE or LOVE.

Oh yes---I hate oatmeal. It's the texture. And the fact that it looks like vomit. If I could get over the vomit factor, I would probably enjoy the taste. I do like oatmeal cookies......but that vomit factor is a hard one to get over!

^^^

Vomit factor...LOL!!!! I think egg drop soup has a major vomit factor. Or some-kind-of-horrible-mucus factor.

^^It is kind of mucusy, isn't it? Great--now I can't eat that anymore either!

^^^Yeah, usually I'm okay with it. I especially like hot and sour soup. However, the other night we got Chinese takeout from a place we'd never tried. The egg-drop soup was so damn slimy it wouldn't stay on my spoon. I couldn't get past that.

I hate macaroni and cheese and refuse to eat any kind of raw bell pepper (i can sometimes make exceptions for cooked ones).

jello
    yogurt
    fruit flavored candy
    parmesan cheese
    lasagna (does anyone else think it tastes like throw up?)
    spaghetti-Os
    chicken cordon bleu
    frozen chicken nuggets

MOST foods are on my list; I am an extremely picky eater. Here are the highlights:

* Seafood of any kind...fish, lobster, shrimp, oysters, etc. I won't touch any of it.

* The entire brassica family of vegetables aside from rutabagas, and even then they have to be mixed with lots of other vegetables. I refuse to eat cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage. Will. not. touch. them.

* Mushrooms of any kind prepared in any way.

* Organ meat of any kind. I'm also picky in what cuts of meat I'll eat; I rarely eat pork and I never eat ribs. Ever. I also don't like game meat.

* Grapefruit. Hate it hate it hate it.

* Any food containing an artificial cheese flavor, like Cheetos, cheddar cheese-flavored potato chips, or nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips. Won't touch them; even the smell of them disgusts me.

* Any food with a weird texture. I refuse to eat cauliflower mainly because of its texture, not its flavor. I don't like food to be mushy, either, and I can't eat anything that looks like puke in a jar. This includes many Indian and 'hot pot' sauces that are sold in jars.

* Anything that contains too much salt. This includes freeze-dried food, canned food, most ready meals, many smoked meats, and soup mixes. I never put salt on my own food and most processed food is far too salty for me; I will literally spit something out if it's salty.

* Anything that contains too much sugar, including most candies, cakes, and ice creams. I don't like food that's cloyingly sweet, which is why I will break off a tiny chunk of anything sweet put in front of me so I can sample it. I prefer fresh fruit for dessert as long as it is ONLY fresh fruit...no sugar added.

* Anything not recognizeable as food. I don't like food that is shaped like things....they sell potato products here shaped like numbers and letters, and chicken nuggets shaped like things...I find that sort of thing utterly revolting. I hate having to ask what's in something; I should be able to recognize everything on the plate!

* Asparagus. Hate that shit, won't eat it. Period.

* Veal. Won't eat it for ethical reasons. At all.

* Unusual meats like frog, kangaroo, alligator, snake, etc. Won't touch it. At all. Have never eaten it, never plan to. People say it 'tastes like chicken.' If that's the case, I'll just stick with chicken, thanks!

* White bread aside from the occasional baguette. I do make an exception for sourdough bread, though it's next to impossible to find in this country. I usually eat only wholegrain or granary bread.

* Any cheese containing blue veins. Won't touch it. At all.

* Anything that has lots of eggs in it. I'll only eat eggs if they're scrambled, and even then I will only eat a very small quantity. Eggs make me belch.

* Any beverage that has sugar in it. I refuse to drink coffee or tea with sugar in it, and I don't drink fruit juice because it usually has heaps of sugar in it.

* Brown sauce/HP sauce. The Brits know what brown sauce is. Won't touch it. The smell just puts me off.

* White rice. I eat only brown or basmati rice. This is for health reasons; white rice is bad for you.

* Beef with any pink in it. My meat has to be well done...I don't want to see any pink.

* Gravy of any kind...white and brown. Brown gravy is basically cooked blood with flour in it, which I find revolting. White gravy is bacon fat and flour. Utterly disgusting. I've actually never eaten gravy in my life; I've seen my mother make it and I was so disgusted by it that I have refused to even try it ever since.

* Anything fried in lard.

I DID say I was a picky eater.
    Last edited by DisruptiveHair; November 20th, 2005 at 07:33 AM.

Man Dispruptive, I take it you dont have high cholesterol to worry about or diabetes. I'd probably envy our figure.
    Last edited by FierceKiten; November 20th, 2005 at 01:42 PM.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

I make white gravy with vegetable oil, not lard or bacon fat. It has absolutely no nutritional value, I suppose, but it's good!

I could have made a list as long as DH's, too, if I'd gone to the trouble. I am way picky. I could ditto a lot of things on her list, the most notable exception being the sugary dessert part.

But I have a question: what exactly is the difference between white rice & other rice? I've looked on packages & half-heartedly tried to find the answer, but I still don't know. Why is white rice so bad for you? Are they different types of rice, or is all rice the same & just processed differently?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information