Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Foods You Hate And Can't/Won't Eat

Hmmm.... onions, celery, green pepper, sriracha (too fucking hot), whiskey/bourbon (can't even stand the smell), ginger ale (makes me puke), root beer, beer in general.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Corn chips. Not the good ones you get at Mexican restaurants, but the cheap Doritos that smell like foot odor. Maybe it's the crappy cheese powder or something but keep that toejam away from me.
    Brookie and BITTER like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

To me, corn chips= Fritos, and the chips you get at a restaurant= tortilla chips...
    Tati likes this.

I hate corn chips too. I love corn but not corn chips, they used to serve them as snacks in my after school care back when I was a kid, and I'd always lick the salt off and throw the chip away.

I can't believe the fruit hate! Nor even the fruit ambivalence! I average about 5/6 servings a day, I could eat nothing but fruit and be happy. I went through maybe 16 bags of cranberries within November alone (and I don't even sweeten them!). I've never tried many foreign fruits though, never much around me. My friend's mom brought her an entire suitcase of quenepas from Puerto Rico, and my friend gave me some as she knows I'm a fruit fiend, and I ended up eating nearly the entire bag... and it was in a small trash bag. It was like sucking on a small alien testicle, I loved them, but I have no idea where to get more. There are persimmons and starfruit at a Whole Foods near me, but they're always bruised and battered, same with the papaya, and since they're all like $5 each, I can never justify spending the money in case they're overripe or too young.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    root beer.
    fucking vile shit. root beer simply shouldn't exist.
    Brookie, A*O and gas_chick like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I hate cheese cake,cake icing in general. Tried liver once. Never again. Lamb. American & chedder cheese. Salad dressings.
    Beets. Ice cream.Milk. Little green peas. I can eat scrambled eggs as long as they are hot and covered in black pepper. Hate fried eggs,soft boiled eggs. Sweet pickles. Never use butter. Love oysters but never raw. Hot tea,unless it is Earl Grey. I might hate more than I like! Oh-papaya. Raspberries. Butternut squash. Cashew nuts. Sauces-especially cream ones.
    Brookie likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post

Kitty is British and hates tea? What is this!?
    I can't help it if it tastes like stagnant pond water.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I hate English peas
    What are English peas? Explain please! Marrowfat peas? Mushy peas? Garden peas?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    fucking vile shit. root beer simply shouldn't exist.
    I've only ever tried it once but I loved it. But then again I love Dr Pepper too which people round here seem to hate.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

Granadilla - never seen it here either:
    Wow that sounds so exotic. We had these growing like a weed at our old house.. we just called them yellow passionfruit. Tastes pretty much the same as the dark ones. Perfect on icecream, cheesecake or over a pavlova.
    MohandasKGanja and sputnik like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    We had these growing like a weed at our old house.
    same, there were vines growing along every back fence in my neighbourhood. I love the smell of passionfruit so much, one whiff takes me straight back to my childhood.
    MohandasKGanja, sputnik and Sleuth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I hate corn chips too. I love corn but not corn chips, they used to serve them as snacks in my after school care back when I was a kid, and I'd always lick the salt off and throw the chip away.

I can't believe the fruit hate! Nor even the fruit ambivalence! I average about 5/6 servings a day, I could eat nothing but fruit and be happy. I went through maybe 16 bags of cranberries within November alone (and I don't even sweeten them!). I've never tried many foreign fruits though, never much around me. My friend's mom brought her an entire suitcase of quenepas from Puerto Rico, and my friend gave me some as she knows I'm a fruit fiend, and I ended up eating nearly the entire bag... and it was in a small trash bag. It was like sucking on a small alien testicle, I loved them, but I have no idea where to get more. There are persimmons and starfruit at a Whole Foods near me, but they're always bruised and battered, same with the papaya, and since they're all like $5 each, I can never justify spending the money in case they're overripe or too young.
    Now there's a sentence I never expected to read today...

I think the person who would blow your minds in terms of quirkiness with food is my father. The man doesn't like spaghetti. He hates it, won't touch it. Not for diet reasons or anything like that, he just can't stand it, I think it's something about the consistency. He also hates all foods that wobble. Not just jello, whatever wobbles even just a tiny bit better not get near him. And he is the same as me with fizzy drinks, absolutely will not touch them and his dislike extends to beer as well.
    MohandasKGanja and Brah like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I hated spaghetti as a kid but I put it down to being traumatised by an episode of the series National Velvet where she got initiated into some mean boys' club and she was blindfolded and had to eat "worms" that were really just spaghetti. Something like that. Also, kind of kinky for a kids' show. Fifty Shades of Velvet.

Kitty-this picture doesn't do the grossness justice for me. I remember them being slimey and mushy and vomit.

I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If you are talking about tinned then they aren't the best but fresh ones straight from the pod are nommy.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I just googled English peas, and found a Paula Dean recipe for them. 2 cans peas, 1/2 stick butter, that's it. Genius!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Most of the things I can't/won't eat, are a texture thing. Mushrooms, oysters, anything else (excluding sweets), that are slimy, gelatinous, or make you have an internal debate to decide if you chew it or just swallow it.

I know some of you love them, but beets. I don't like them raw,or cooked, or pickled. They taste like nothing but dirt to me, like actual soil. They are just vile to me.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information