Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Foods You Hate And Can't/Won't Eat

I'll try anything once but I don't eat sausage anymore. The thought of it makes me gag. I hate English peas, spaghetti (marinara sauce really on anything), mangos are gross and I don't care for mustard except for a tiny bit with a corn dog.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I'm astonished anyone can say they flat out don't like fruit. It comes in a wide variety of flavours and textures, how can anyone completely dismiss it all? I look forward to the times of year when various fruits are in season: cherries, strawberries, peaches, clementines, crimson and thompson grapes, pink lady apples and more. Fruit is wonderful. People are missing out on so much deliciousness.
    I don't dislike fruit, but I do kind of have to make myself eat it. I never just get a craving for it, unless it's in a blackberry pie or something like that.

i'm not a huge fan of fruit. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I love veggies. Pretty much all veggies, except beets. I can't even understand how someone can eat pickled beets.

I love English peas. I can eat them as a snack.

If I could only choose a few things that I could eat forever veggies would consume most of my list. Veggies, fish, pasta, rice, bread. Oh, and coffee

i love fruit but i never eat it lol
    i'll eat it if it's served at work breakfasts or lunches. the funny thing is i absolutely love it, i just never think to eat it or get cravings for it. with the exception of grapefruit and natural grapefruit juice, which i'll crave once or twice a week. and if i'm in chinatown i'll look for a fruit stand and buy a giant bag of lychees and eat them in one sitting.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm the same, I love fruit but never eat it. If someone brings it to work I'll eat it, I just don't buy it and I don't know why. I hate lychees. yuck.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

With most fruit, I can take it or leave it. Except for Granny Smith apples. I am completely obsessed with them. I eat around 5-6 per week. It started when I got pregnant and it hasn't stopped.
    greysfang likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I just hate washing and peeling fruit. I did recently order a pineapple corer/peeler thingie and that is a game changer. I was paying like 5 bucks for a little container of pineapple chunks at Publix just so I didn't have to deal with it myself.

Ditto on the liking fruit but just not eating it. I had a banana last week after months of not eating any fruit at all, and thought to myself "Why don't I eat these or other fruit more often?". Haven't had any other fruit since, lol!

As for mangos, there are different varieties, and they taste a bit different, may be if you don't like one, you'll like the other?

With regard We always have bananas and apples in the house. And I will buy frozen berries and strawberries so that Mrs. Mohandas can create smoothies from all that stuff. It tastes amazing. What I like about apples, besides the taste, is that certain varieties - like gala - can sit around for a long time and still taste crisp and fresh.

Every Friday morning, one of our suppliers sends us a huge platter of mixed fruit - grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, two kinds of grapes, kiwi, and strawberries. I love it.

For me, the thing with mangoes is that they taste really bland as a fruit - almost like a sweet avocado or something. But when they are used to flavor something else, I think they taste terrific. Like an elemental flavor that can't be confused with anything else.

^^^^
    if you think mangoes are 'bland', you either haven't had a good one, or you're eating them overripe. a good mango will change your life, mo
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Crawfish.

I grew up around cajuns and they season these things with Tony Cachere's, throw them in a boiling pot, then dump the cooked ones on a newspaper with corn on the cob, and wash it all down with beer.

I could never bring myself to eat a "mudbug".

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    if you think mangoes are 'bland', you either haven't had a good one, or you're eating them overripe. a good mango will change your life, mo
    I was wondering the same thing. Mrs. Mohandas eats them all the time and is pretty disappointed that I don't like them. But I'm also kind of wondering if I'm somehow confusing mangoes with another fruit. Also, I'm not a super taster - I probably have half the taste buds per square inch of the average person, so I'm always overseasoning things.

In a similar vein, one day I went out and got a dragonfruit from an Asian grocery store. I always thought they were pretty neat looking (like red meteor) and Starburst candy had a dragonfruit flavor that tasted awesome. But when I brought it home and cut it up, my daughter and I found it to be REALLY bland tasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Crawfish.

I grew up around cajuns and they season these things with Tony Cachere's, throw them in a boiling pot, then dump the cooked ones on a newspaper with corn on the cob, and wash it all down with beer.

I could never bring myself to eat a "mudbug".
    I don't have problem with crawfish at all except that the amount of meat you get out of one is PATHETIC. I think one medium shrimp has more meat in it than 10 crawfish.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    There are variations but it's usually a combo of quite powerful/distinct.
    Star Anise
    Cloves
    Cinnamon
    Szechuan Pepper
    Fennel

Often used as a rub in belly pork dishes.
    I find fennel seed sometimes smells like BO. And cumin too. But I'll still eat it and use it in tiny amounts when I'm cooking.

And I've talked extensively about my bacon avoidance issues-a lot of animal fat just triggers violently vomitous feelings in me.

I'm aghast at the mango hate. AGHAST! Does not compute. One of my first food memories as a child is standing on a chair over the sink peeling and eating mangos.

Crawfish are a waste of my damn time. Smaller than shrimp, harder to peel and don't taste all that good compared to shrimp.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; March 19th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

There are also supposed to be new potatoes in the crawfish boil, I always feel sad when I order crawfish and there are no potatoes.

Lima beans are my sworn enemy, I puked across the entire dinner table one evening as we were sitting down to a dinner of Lima beans.

My son is anti strawberry, any type of stone fruit, and any type of squash. And he won't touch cheese unless it's on a sandwich. I get him to try different squash every now and then and the texture just makes him gag, which is weird because I've made it so many different ways, he can't quite deceive what it is but he looks like he's going to puke.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Lima beans are my sworn enemy, I puked across the entire dinner table one evening as we were sitting down to a dinner of Lima beans.
    I forgot about Lima beans. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED them as a kid and still don't like them as an adult. I always remember them being tough and tasting bad. I used to hate chickpeas, too, but got used to them because of stuff like hummus and cous cous salads.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information