Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Foods You Hate And Can't/Won't Eat

To be honest, the foods I won't eat I've usually never tried, they just don't appeal to me. That being said, I had always said I didn't like a certain food my husband makes which is basically ground beef with onion, cilantro, tomato, chopped pickled jalapenos, seasoned with salt and pepper and "cooked" in copious amounts of lemon juice and the vinegar from the jalapenos. I had always resisted trying it because I thought it would taste like raw meat, but it's actually not bad, it does taste like cooked ground beef.

I eat pretty much anything. I can't think of many things I don't like. I am not fond of sage in food, it really messes up the taste and there is also a chinese spice or possibly a mushroom, I am not sure, all I know is that sometimes when order Chinese I can't eat the food afterwards because it smells exactly like pee to me. I also can't eat eyes. I eat tongue, cheeks, love brains etc but balk at eyes, really can't. And I am not too fond of spicy food. I can take it but up to a point.

I am the world's fussiest drinker though. The list is endless. I hate anything that's carbonated, though beer doesn't bother me for some reason. Beers, I drink them pretty much all except for wheat beer (weissbier?) I used to be very fond of it but now it gives me stomach trouble and I've gone off it. I hate almost all teas with the exception of green tea and even then I can't tolerate most flavours and it has to be unsugared. I'm ok with most booze except Jagermeister, that's seriously nasty stuff and anything that tastes and smells too strongly of liquorice or cherry.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

A*O

Could it be Chinese 5 Spice? It has a very strong, distinct smell/taste. I'm OK with it but my mother hates it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I love a lot of the foods on people's most hated lists.

Mango - i don't like the fruit, but I love mango-flavored everything. sorbet, slurpees, candy, yogurt...

liver - I tried it when I was a kid. really bad. just tastes like fried blood to me. I've accidentally eaten chicken livers, too, and they are awful. I think the consensus in the US seems to be that liver is some really weird niche, food, because there is very little of it in the stores. And when was the last time someone on death row asked for liver as part of their last meal? Not counting Hannibal Lechter of course.

white chocolate - i agree with Sputnik - what the hell is the point of this stuff? To make people feel less guilty about eating a big glob of sugar infused butter???

Marzipan - I don't hate it, but it's so disappointing. People always make this beautiful, sculptural candy out of it, and then it always lets you down by tasting like marzipan.

Carob - the fool's gold of the candy world

Necco wafers - I'd rather have a communion wafer.

French burnt peanuts - they've been around forever, but what the hell is that candy all about? they look like the Elephant Man version of peanuts.
    ManxMouse likes this.

I agree about the white chocolate, it just doesn't taste like chocolate, it is not real chocolate!

I thought of one I have tasted, that I hate: angel food cake, yuk. And it's mainly a texture thing for me.

Not really a fan of white chocolate either but I love white chocolate and macadamia cookies. Mmm now I want one.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Coconuts or coconut flavoured anything
    Curry
    Oysters
    white chocolate
    Silverside, spam or pickled pork
    Eggs
    Fruit cake

Oh and all you mango haters are fucking weird!!!!
    sputnik likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Fish and shellfish. Both make me throw up and break out in a blotchy, itchy rash, although my reaction to shellfish is worse than ordinary fish.
    Cucumber. This is the devil's dick and has no place anywhere. It also infects everything it touches.
    Tea. The devil's piss to wash down your cucumbery devil's dick.
    Liver, heart, kidneys, brains, tripe etc etc. Put that shit in pet food, not on my plate.
    Wine and fruit juice. Both trigger migraines and projectile vomiting. I'm not bothered about wine but the fruit juice makes me sad because I love pineapple juice.
    Bananas. Trigger migraine attacks.

The Bloke eats almost anything. I think the only thing I've found that he doesn't like is fudge. I find this quite ridiculous coming from a man who has eaten both sea cucumber (he says it tasted like slugs rolled in cat litter) and dog (a little gamey and tough).
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Could it be Chinese 5 Spice? It has a very strong, distinct smell/taste. I'm OK with it but my mother hates it.
    I have no clue but I'd love to find out what it is so I can avoid it. Several times I've been forced to either switch foods with the boyfriend or just not eat at all when I get the pee smell I'll check out this spice you mention.

Kitty is British and hates tea? What is this!?
    Kittylady likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

A*O

There are variations but it's usually a combo of quite powerful/distinct.
    Star Anise
    Cloves
    Cinnamon
    Szechuan Pepper
    Fennel

Often used as a rub in belly pork dishes.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Cooked Cabbage. Anything that smells like that, I ain't puttin' in my mouth.

I'll only eat raw cabbage in minute servings on an egg roll. That's it.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

Marzipan - I don't hate it, but it's so disappointing. People always make this beautiful, sculptural candy out of it, and then it always lets you down by tasting like marzipan.
    so true. The only exception are these marzipan veggies they sell in supermarkets in Switzerland. There's nothing special about them, it's just cheap supermarket marzipan, but for some reason they are delicious, a bit more firm than usual and they don't have that cloying taste and sugary almond paste consistency of regular marzipan. But even worse than marzipan on its own? When they put it in chocolate. The smell alone makes me gag.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm astonished anyone can say they flat out don't like fruit. It comes in a wide variety of flavours and textures, how can anyone completely dismiss it all? I look forward to the times of year when various fruits are in season: cherries, strawberries, peaches, clementines, crimson and thompson grapes, pink lady apples and more. Fruit is wonderful. People are missing out on so much deliciousness.
    sputnik, A*O, faithanne and 3 others like this.

I can't really think of anything. I'm not a fan of the texture of jello or really nasty store-bought pudding (a nice homemade baked pudding or custard is fine), but I'll eat pretty much anything else. White chocolate does suck balls, but it doesn't turn my stomach or anything; it's just way too sweet.

I don't understand the mango hate, but I do know there's a world of difference between a ripe, properly peaking mango and a lousy unripe one, and you often can't tell which you're going to get until it's already in your mouth. I love a good one but they're so expensive here that it's not always worth the craps-shoot.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I hate jello too. Freaks me out.
    Scrapple. I run screaming from the room. Smelling it cooking makes me want to hurl.
    Oysters. I agree they look like snot.
    Calamari. no.
    Lobster. I don't like it at all. I have tried it numerous times. Just don't like it. I do like crabs though.
    Caviar. Ugh. No. My mom eats it and I can't watch.
    Soft Shell crabs. I cannot eat them, BUT I love watching people eat them. lol. It's just strange, really. Seeing the claws hanging out from the sandwich bread and people just munching away. Always fun for me.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information