Login to remove the ads!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Food At Potlucks--Opinion

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    pretty girl, stop pretending you like diane. it's ok if you don't. i have a cousin i can't stand, too. she's a useless waste of air who married another waste of air and all they do is pop babies out while her parents support them because neither she nor her useless husband have ever had a job. and she's dumb and has a lousy personality. but i've hated her for as long as i've known her, even before she grew up to be useless. as toddlers, when our parents tried to get us to play together (we're the same age) i wanted nothing to do with her.
    you'll feel much better when you just admit it.

that said, you also have to stop letting that shit get to you. like other said, either you and your other relatives tell diane she has to stop being such a free-loading cow or she's not getting invited to anything anymore, or you just let it go and accept that she is what she is and will continue to show up late and eat for 3 and never contribute.
    agree. there's a lot of complaining about someone that PG 'likes'.

so diane's a mooch. big deal. we all know people/relatives like that. you make a joke to others and move on. you can choose not to invite them to certain parties.

pretty girl, stop pretending you like diane. it's ok if you don't. i have a cousin i can't stand, too. she's a useless waste of air who married another waste of air and all they do is pop babies out while her parents support them because neither she nor her useless husband have ever had a job. and she's dumb and has a lousy personality. but i've hated her for as long as i've known her, even before she grew up to be useless. as toddlers, when our parents tried to get us to play together (we're the same age) i wanted nothing to do with her.
    you'll feel much better when you just admit it.

that said, you also have to stop letting that shit get to you. like other said, either you and your other relatives tell diane she has to stop being such a free-loading cow or she's not getting invited to anything anymore, or you just let it go and accept that she is what she is and will continue to show up late and eat for 3 and never contribute.
    so, not one redeeming quality, huh? that's terrible!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^^^
    yup. even her kids are ugly.
    [going to hell]
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

[welcomes sput to hell] Have a seat, I've made drinks and snacks and you can have as much as you want.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ THIS

You're not going to change, she's not going to change so either put up and shut up or speak to her about it. And is this situation really worth running the risk of ostracising a member of your family or creating a rift between you all? You say that everyone else supports you but how can you be sure that they aren't just making all the right noises to your face because you are so damn vocal about it and aren't really as het up about it as you are?

Then again its possible that Diane has picked up on your obvious dislike of her and is deliberately being a passive-aggressive cunt, in which case its her perogative and somewhat understandable.
    We can't stop here. This is bat country.

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    ^^ THIS

You're not going to change, she's not going to change so either put up and shut up or speak to her about it. And is this situation really worth running the risk of ostracising a member of your family or creating a rift between you all? You say that everyone else supports you but how can you be sure that they aren't just making all the right noises to your face because you are so damn vocal about it and aren't really as het up about it as you are?

Then again its possible that Diane has picked up on your obvious dislike of her and is deliberately being a passive-aggressive cunt, in which case its her perogative and somewhat understandable.
    I hope so, it would make me like Diane more
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    [welcomes sput to hell] Have a seat, I've made drinks and snacks and you can have as much as you want.
    excellent.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

As a therapist once told me....The world would be a better place if everyone would just stop shoulding on eachother!!!
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

That therapist knew REBT.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    That therapist knew REBT.
    What does that mean?

I'd probably hang out with Diane.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    What does that mean?
    Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, pioneered by the raspy little Albert Ellis. He used to say that "shoulding" thing. It's a form of cognitive therapy. REBT helps you figure out what your irrational beliefs are so that you can get rid of them and stop getting upset about stuff. Common irrational beliefs are like 'everything must be fair' or 'people should behave like I want' or 'I can't stand it if people aren't nice & respectful to me' etc.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, pioneered by the raspy little Albert Ellis. He used to say that "shoulding" thing. It's a form of cognitive therapy. REBT helps you figure out what your irrational beliefs are so that you can get rid of them and stop getting upset about stuff. Common irrational beliefs are like 'everything must be fair' or 'people should behave like I want' or 'I can't stand it if people aren't nice & respectful to me' etc.
    OK makes sense - it definitely sounds like his style therapy. I use a lot of the stuff he taught me to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    When my grandmother died in 2007, my grandfather's sisters chipped in to pay for the casket. My grandmother was their sister-in-law and that was nice of them. We're talking of little old ladies who paid for it. Well, us grandkids sent up a contribution for the huge floral arrangement that goes on top of the coffin. Also, floral arrangements for the church. I'm sure many of you know, those can be quite pricey. The majority of the grandkids gave money. Diane did not. The others who didn't were mostly the grandkids that were out of town and had to fly drive down from L.A. or New Mexico and we didn't expect them to.
    When my husband's grandmother died, his cousin showed up wearing her working clothes. A skin tight, hot pink, crotch skimming, plunging neckline dress. Massive implants. I couldn't stop staring at her tits the whole time. Sometimes a family member is also a stripper.

But I digress.
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I'd probably hang out with Diane.
    Me too, I'd never have to pay for another meal. We could have quite the racket going, because it sounds like Diane's got a pretty large family to mooch off.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information