Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food Portion Distortion Quizzes

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    People also equate quantity with 'value for money' so if they don't get a huge portion they think they are being ripped off. Most restaurant/diner food is ridiculously cheap anyway IMO but people still expect an overflowing plate. When we were in America we often used to order half portions but were happy to pay full price + tip only to be told this 'wasn't possible' for some reason. So we'd order one meal and share it which also caused problems for the waiting staff judging by there pissy attitude.

That is very true. Those chain restaurants like chevy's, etc., are the biggest offenders in the bigger is better arena. People have been so conditioned all these years to stuff themselves.

I think food in restaurants needs to be served not by "adult menu" and "kid menu" but by portions; "Regular" (or Oversized) and Small. You or your child can order (and pay the corresponding price) for whatever portion you want.

I find it almost impossible to eat the full amount of food that I receive at restaurants, and I get pissed off when (on the rare occasion that they offer something other than chicken fingers, a cheeseburger, or a hot dog) I try to order off of the children's menu because I want a small portion for the price of a small portion and am told that it's "not allowed."

I don't really understand that ^^^ They get the same money if a kid eats it or if you eat it, so what's the problem?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

A*O

Apart from the obvious health benefits of eating a manageable portion I'm also very uncomfortable about the amount of sheer waste involved in oversized portions. Perfectly good food is being needlessly
    thrown away (after we've paid for it). It also worries me that the food that people DO leave on their plates is often the healthy stuff like the salad, veggies etc. yet they happily scoff down the junk.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I like having a take away portion left! I plan that when I go, in fact!
    Then I've got tomorrows supper already. Or lunch. OK-sometimes my Beloved eats it up in the middle of the night!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I don't think there's many doggy bags in Europe because they don't serve that much food, so a normal person can consume it.

I split kids meals between my kids, or order what my kids want and share it. Many times, my children can not wat a whole kids meal on their own. There's half burger left, 1 taco left, whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information