Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64

Thread: Food poisoning horror story posting thread!

  1. #16
    Elite Member bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    When I was in Paris last September I got food poisoning from a re-heated melted cheese sandwhich from a museum's cafe. I must have eaten it at about 3pm, went out for the rest of the day. Started feeling a bit queasy at about 11pm when I was in bed, and threw up first at 3am the next day. Then continued to throw up until 9am - for a full bloody awful six hours!

    I remember lying out on the floor of the bathroom, crying and bawling and throwing up repeatedly, fluctuating between being absolutely boiling and freezing freezing cold! It was awful and something I never wish to go through again! Then at 11am I was due on a flight back to England, so struggled with an hour's trip to the airport, sat on the back of a suitcase whilst my boyfriend pulled me up the road, and to make things worse, my flight was delayed and I had to stay in the airport feeling like puking for almost 4 more hours, and then we flew and I threw up the whole way and then we landed in England I threw up some more. It felt almost constant for about 24hours. I genuinely thought I was going to die, and seriously that is not being over dramatic!

    Ugh!

  2. #17
    Elite Member darksithbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,058

    Default

    I had twice. Once from Pizza Hut. I was sick for a week. Throwing up and the big D. And it smelled like sulphur. All of it. It was the most horrible thing. My Mom finally took me to a doc and they treated me with IVs, meds to stop the upchucks and the big D. I was in there for 2 weeks. Horrible.

    The second time was Burger King. I got sick immediately after I ate and was sick until I got the dry heaves and then finally passed out. It took me about 3 days to recover from that.

  3. #18
    Elite Member Mariesoleil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Posts
    6,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post

    The second time was Burger King. I got sick immediately after I ate and was sick until I got the dry heaves and then finally passed out. It took me about 3 days to recover from that.

    I think there's something wrong with Burger King. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread I got food poisioning twice from there. Never went again.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

  4. #19
    Elite Member darksithbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,058

    Default

    I have gone back but I have not eaten the same thing I got from there. It could have been the chicken sandwich I got or the bite off my friend's fish. I don't know which one did it because we both tried each others sandwich and we both got sick.

  5. #20
    Silver Member flecjill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    565

    Default

    I got horrible food poisoining from Dairy Queen once. I'm not sure what happened because I ate there with friends and they didn't get sick. I however, puked for hours and remember seeing the hamburger in the toilet. I was so sick, I literally vomited every few minutes and woke up in the middle of the night vomiting. I felt like crap the next couple of days. I couldn't even keep sprite down.

  6. #21
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I tend to avoid buffets for that and other reasons.
    I haven't touched one since. Thinking about what people probably do over and in a buffet is enough to make me want to .

    Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I had twice. Once from Pizza Hut.
    The same place I had my pizza buffet nightmare. Unfortunately, it didn't turn me off pizza. I threw up chili once and haven't touched it since.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

  7. #22
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    I got food poisoning on my birthday at my boyfriend's parents' house. It was from leftover pot roast and macaroni and cheese that they served for dinner. Normally, I won't even eat leftovers that I've brought home the previous night. I've always been paranoid about the food going bad. My boyfriend and his family really enjoy them, though. They literally keep things for over a week. They didn't mention how long they'd had this food, and not wanting to be rude, I ate it. I woke up at about 2 am on my birthday vomiting everywhere. Luckily, I made it to the bathroom, but it was all over the tile floors, sink, counters, and mirror. There were entire pieces of macaroni coming out of my nose and mouth. I managed to crawl into the living room where my BF was watching tv and tell him, of all things, that I needed a change of clothes. He put me in one of his old t-shirts and I passed out while he cleaned it up.

    The next day, he told his parents that I'd gotten sick from the meal they served us. I was really embarrassed because I didn't want them to know, and they felt so bad about it.

    It continued all day and I literally was lying in bed, not moving, until my family and friends arrived that night to take me downtown. I had one drink and went home. We had a party the following week so I could actually enjoy myself.


    I've also gotten food poisoning from Luby's Cafeteria, and several of my friends got it from popcorn at a movie theater. We were having a sleepover and all of the girls who'd had popcorn woke up vomiting in the middle of the night. We learned from my dad, who worked at a theater in college, that a lot of theaters let the popcorn sit in the machine for days, and food poisoning from it is actually more common that you would think because bacteria build up in it.

  8. #23
    Hit By Ban Bus! Femmefatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    I had it twice, both times at Burger King. I'm never eating there again.
    omg! So although I eat from every food group, Im typically a very healthy eater---I usually eat at organic restaurants and rarely eat at chains bc the food is typically sooooo low quality. If I want something on the go I'll eat at the local middle eastern take out place where everything is fresh. Im a stickler for fresh. Well, a few years ago when I was still in highschool, even with my preexisting healthy ways already in tact, i still had the monthly craving for a good old fashioned BK/Wendy's run. I rarely rarely ate fast food even then, but when its 1am and youre in your pjs and cereal just wont do it--why not?

    So I go to BK, this was in 2000-2001 with my boyfriend (now husband). I get a broiled chicken sandwhich, no mayo, no cheese, just mustard+tomato+lettuce. I remove the top half of the bun. I have my little naughty snack and go to bed. By 5am, I was soo sick I couldnt walk...I had to crawl. All I was doing was puking--im a firm believer that puking is far worse than the other end. The pain was so bad, I promised myself I would never eat fast food again--and 6 years later i still have not. After 36 hours, all i wanted was white rice and soy sauce (make up for lost sodium). It was the worst pain of my life. I was sick for 2 days. I dont think it was salmonela thou, bc i prolly wouldve been worse off

  9. #24
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,275

    Default

    If you get any kind of gastro and are ready to even think about eating something again then remember the BRAT rule - Banana, Rice, Apple, Toast (not all at once!). Banana is particularly good because it contains the sugar you body will probably need so even a couple of bites should be enough to make you feel a lot better.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  10. #25
    Elite Member o0Amber0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glens Falls, NY
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I had twice. Once from Pizza Hut. I was sick for a week. Throwing up and the big D. And it smelled like sulphur. All of it. It was the most horrible thing. My Mom finally took me to a doc and they treated me with IVs, meds to stop the upchucks and the big D. I was in there for 2 weeks. Horrible.

    The second time was Burger King. I got sick immediately after I ate and was sick until I got the dry heaves and then finally passed out. It took me about 3 days to recover from that.

    I love that you call it the "big D"



    Alright sorry, in all seriousness, I've never gotten food poisioning but I did throw up in a Pizza Hut when I was about 6 or 7 after eating too many pickles. I still love them to this day though. <3
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

  11. #26
    Elite Member Mariesoleil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Posts
    6,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    omg! So although I eat from every food group, Im typically a very healthy eater---I usually eat at organic restaurants and rarely eat at chains bc the food is typically sooooo low quality. If I want something on the go I'll eat at the local middle eastern take out place where everything is fresh. Im a stickler for fresh. Well, a few years ago when I was still in highschool, even with my preexisting healthy ways already in tact, i still had the monthly craving for a good old fashioned BK/Wendy's run. I rarely rarely ate fast food even then, but when its 1am and youre in your pjs and cereal just wont do it--why not?

    So I go to BK, this was in 2000-2001 with my boyfriend (now husband). I get a broiled chicken sandwhich, no mayo, no cheese, just mustard+tomato+lettuce. I remove the top half of the bun. I have my little naughty snack and go to bed. By 5am, I was soo sick I couldnt walk...I had to crawl. All I was doing was puking--im a firm believer that puking is far worse than the other end. The pain was so bad, I promised myself I would never eat fast food again--and 6 years later i still have not. After 36 hours, all i wanted was white rice and soy sauce (make up for lost sodium). It was the worst pain of my life. I was sick for 2 days. I dont think it was salmonela thou, bc i prolly wouldve been worse off
    Yeah BK is a no-no for me now. I used to really like their whoppers too. No more whoppers for me
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

  12. #27
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If you get any kind of gastro and are ready to even think about eating something again then remember the BRAT rule - Banana, Rice, Apple, Toast (not all at once!). Banana is particularly good because it contains the sugar you body will probably need so even a couple of bites should be enough to make you feel a lot better.
    oooo, thanks for this tip. I had heard that years ago but forgot about it. I hope I remember it if/when I ever have another bout.

  13. #28
    Elite Member Sleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegemite Land
    Posts
    5,319

    Default

    my fiance got food poisoned from Hungry Jacks. He was really in a bad way stomach cramps, fever, nausea, vomiting and a serious case of the runs. Christ i think he almost killed me with his runs (at the time we were staying in a small unit with not much ventilation).
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

  14. #29
    Elite Member Voodoo Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweet Down Under!
    Posts
    12,646

    Default

    Those are some scary stories. I have not yet experienced any type of food poisoning. It sounds dreadful.

  15. #30
    Zee
    Zee is offline
    Elite Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Camping with Einstein
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    My husband went into anaphylactic shock after eating an eggo waffle. He had eaten them for years with out issue. We now carry around epi pens, steroids and a slew of drugs.

    A few years ago my family ended up with food poisioning at a resort in the Colorado Rockies. The four of us threw up non-stop for 3 days. We laid on the floor of the room and counted the communication towers on Cheyenne mountain. Drove to the emergency room when we had the strength. I will never eat berries off of a buffet again.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Please read this before posting in Food and Cuisine
    By pacific breeze in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 9th, 2006, 11:48 AM
  2. Yet Another Ohio Child Horror Story
    By Sojiita in forum News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 1st, 2006, 02:18 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 9th, 2005, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •