Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Network - who do you like to watch?

They play Nigella's shows all the time on Food Network Canada. Nigella Express is airing right now. I watched it last night.

rachel ray all the way !!!!! i love her! i love alton also

i'm hooked on the food channel, which is funny, because i dont cook. i love the daytime stuff. Paula Deen, Giada, Rachel Ray, etc. i kind of like Semi home made, but Sandra is an odd host. She says 'i cant WAITTTTTTT for you to try this' and her boobs need some support. haha, i need a life.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ah, Sandra my favorite drunk and her boobs do need some support...Her food looks like trash and I hate her "table scapes", but she is entertaining.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Paula Deen! I just read her book"It Ain't All About the Cooking"-WOW. She tells all!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

czb

giada and alton are ok, but my faves are ina, ace of cakes, and tyler. tyler lives pretty close by and it's a wonder i don't stand at his door and ask for scraps!

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    giada and alton are ok, but my faves are ina, ace of cakes, and tyler. tyler lives pretty close by and it's a wonder i don't stand at his door and ask for scraps!

I love Ace of Cakes - I dvr all the episodes and watch them just before bed.

Duff and Goeff are a trip.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I also like 2 Dudes Catering.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Paula Deen and Giada.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Paula Deen, Giada, Ina, Ace of Cakes, and Tyler. I also like Rachael Ray's $40 a Day show, the one where she travels. I actually do enjoy most of her shows, actually. I just watch to salivate over things I'll probably never make because of the fat content. I am hooked on watching cooking shows.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Paula Deen, Ina Garten, and Sandra Lee.

I watch Sandra purely for the entertainment factor - she's so over-the-top. The woman can beat a theme to death, and I love her ridiculous "tablescapes."
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

LOVE Alton Brown, I learn so much and cooking makes more sense. Knowing why you do or don't do something helps me understand how to make something, it ends up much better.

And I love Paula Deen simply to listen to her. Her accent is comforting and so is her personality. She's the grandma I never had...she makes me feel like home.

I kind of like The Barefoot Contessa but mostly I'm overcome with envy of her kick-ass kitchen and beautiful house. And a sort of outsider-looking-in type of resentment at getting a peek at the rich white Connecticut lifestyle they have going on. She and her husband seem like really nice people and like they have a good relationship.

Oh I really like Ace of Cakes too. It's great to see a bunch of people my age with a sense of humor I relate to, having a successful business venture and a positive, creative work environment. Their cakes are really impressive too, their creativity knows no bounds.

Silver Member

I love Giada! (Everyday Italian)
    Barefoot Contesa -DISLIKE the lady in the show
    $40 a day
    Semi-Homemade Cooking With Sandra Lee -Pretty good show
    The Next Food Network Star
    Good Eats

Necro'd because I was invited to tour the studios this morning. Maybe you all know the in's and out's of the channel, I know nothing. I've love Ina and have made her tomatoes and beef dishes.

The tour was in the NY studios. They said that Ina Garten and some others film in their homes. The studios were immaculate and nothing was going on, just food prep and styling for the magazine. They were getting ready for the Next Food Network Star.

The only thing that was interesting was that the producers decide on what the show will be about and which recipes. They have to do a thorough check of all sources to make sure it hadn't been done before. The chefs do have a say or really can refuse or change the menu if they don't like it. The chef's are there to be a TV star and appear to cook recipes but it's all done for them. It's mostly show biz. It gets them books and restaurants and heavy promotion for the channel.

This isn't me saying this - this is what the tour guide said, just in a more fake way.

No foods to sample! Fakers!

I really liked the Calorie Commando dude until he, you know, tried to kill his wife.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information