Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: F**k you, Kombucha!

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    ^ many girlfriend is a bartender (surprise) and she makes terrific dirty martinis and stuffs the olives with Gorgonzola cheese.
    How do you make your Brunswick stew?
    I would go face first into that dirty martini. God, I love cheese. And booze. And olives.

As for the brunswick stew, I'll post it at some point soon if you want. I put everything but the kitchen sink in there, but it's mostly a ton of ingredients with not that many steps. I concocted the whole thing from a bunch of different recipes. How do you make yours? I'm always looking for suggestions on ways to make the perfect brunswick stew...

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Funny - I'm exactly the other opposite. I don't like bitters at all, but I love grapefruits. Weird. Oh and someone told me to eat grapefruits with cottage cheese. Really weird, but it works. I like it better plain though, maybe with a bit of sugar.

I don't think I ever had that... But around here, smoked anything isn't much of a thing I think.

Now that's something I would spend too much money in one evening on. I love Martinis! But...

... this would be a big fat no for me. I HATE gorgonzola cheese. So much!
    I never tried grapefruit with cottage cheese, but maybe the milkiness breaks down the bitterness a bit. Or sourness. I don't know what it is.

Weirdly, I like beer with grapefruit, like IPAs, and it doesn't get that much bitter than that. There was one from Louisiana called Abita Grapefruit, but I don't think they make it anymore. I just tried a beer yesterday that's all the local rage (Zombie Dust), and it's OK, but literally all I could taste was the grapefruit in it. I looked at the reviews and other people were detecting lemon and peach and even I thought the grapefruit flavor was too much.

I also discovered that it's waaay cheaper to buy Kombucha in the big jug than it is in the little bottles. Like almost half price. Going back to the conversation about making Kombucha, I think you can start your scoby with the bottled stuff (like GT's...has to be raw and organic) as long as it's unflavored.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I would go face first into that dirty martini. God, I love cheese. And booze. And olives.

As for the brunswick stew, I'll post it at some point soon if you want. I put everything but the kitchen sink in there, but it's mostly a ton of ingredients with not that many steps. I concocted the whole thing from a bunch of different recipes. How do you make yours? I'm always looking for suggestions on ways to make the perfect brunswick stew...

I don’t, that’s why I asked for your recipe lol.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Hah, that makes sense. I'll try to post it later.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Do we need probiotics? I only ever take them when I'm on a course of antibiotics, which is like once every five years. Am I going to die from yoghurt deficiency?
    I usually eat yogurt though I only take probiotics (supplements) when Ive been on antibotics. I dont think we needed to take probiotics on a regular basis otherwise.... ?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information