Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: F**k you, Kombucha!

Gin has been an acquired taste for me so I'm thinking that was why it took me so long to try Pimm's. I must have known about the gin before I got over that particular alcohol hump.

I always wanted to try elderflower wine and have never had that before either. That special edition Pimm's looks interesting.

Is Becherovka anything like absinthe? I googled quickly and see it's green...and I see the mention of the word bitters which is not boding well for me wanting to drink that either.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

elderflower and botanical flavored things are the debil. don't get it, don't understand. Only gin I can tolerate is if it's in a long island, or if it's mixed with a fresh fruit (peach is my favorite) flavor.
    Waterslide likes this.

Gin was the one thing I always hated, but I will now drink martinis with it and gin and tonics, but I still much prefer vodka. But I agree that gin "tastes" best in a Long Island iced tea.
    dexter7 likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Aw man, I remember getting so delightfully *wasted* on greyhounds (gin and grapefruit juice), while watching Mad Men.

Yeah, I like gin.
    Waterslide, czb and sputnik like this.

LOL, I can't do grapefruit either. I don't know why, but it's like one of three fruits on earth I can't stand. I love grapefruit flavored things, but cannot drink or eat it in its pure form. But I would love how it looks in the glass. Maybe I could use blood orange instead and make something similar...

For my bachelorette party I organised a gin tasting. It was a great night, let me tell you. And even the most hardcore gin-hater found a gin the loved in the end. The thing about gin is that every single one tastes differently. But there are some gins I cannot tolerate at all. I think it's the Sapphire gin in particular.
    czb and Waterslide like this.
    -

I am like how Montana is with pimms to Gin. I despise it so much. Drank a bottle in high school, puked for hours and can still remember the god awful taste.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    For my bachelorette party I organised a gin tasting. It was a great night, let me tell you. And even the most hardcore gin-hater found a gin the loved in the end. The thing about gin is that every single one tastes differently. But there are some gins I cannot tolerate at all. I think it's the Sapphire gin in particular.
    See, Bombay Sapphire is one of the few gins I do like. So I think you're right, it just depends on what taste you can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I am like how Montana is with pimms to Gin. I despise it so much. Drank a bottle in high school, puked for hours and can still remember the god awful taste.
    That would be a nasty thing to throw up. My mom let me have a sip of her martini when I was a kid and I spit it out and that cured me of dreaming of wanting a martini until I was 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Aw man, I remember getting so delightfully *wasted* on greyhounds (gin and grapefruit juice), while watching Mad Men.

Yeah, I like gin.
    i love gin. And grapefruit, itís one of the only fruits I crave along with lychees and strawberries.
    im not much of a tequila drinker but I do love a good Paloma (tequila and grapefruit soda)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love grapefruit soda. I always get that Izze one. That tequila thing sounds good, actually.

I love almost all fruit and I have tried everything I can think of (sugar, burnt sugar, cherries, making it into juice etc.) to make grapefruit edible but it's bitter in a way I can't handle.

Yeah I’m weird I love bitter stuff. Not just grapefruit I love endives, chicory, broccoli rabe, radicchio, all those bitter greens Italians put in salads.
    Waterslide and witchcurlgirl like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love everything else you mentioned other than the grapefruit. I don't know why its my sticking point. I try to eat foods I hate every five years or so to see if I still hate them and most of the time I can find something to like about whatever it is and grapefruit just never makes the cut for me.

Nah some things you just canít stomach. You know I will eat pretty much anything but I just canít with smoked food, with very few exceptions. I like the smokiness of something grilled on a wood fire, or smoked salmon and other fish, bacon, but there's a certain type of smokiness that just closes up my throat and makes me want to puke. I donít know if itís the method or just the intensity of the smokiness but I just canít with things like smoked vegetables (why?), brisket (why do that to brisket?) and chicken or turkey and I also despise that liquid smoke stuff people out in food sometimes.
    Waterslide likes this.

czb

i love rabe, endive, and the other greens sput mentioned.

i love smoked fish (kippered salmon, lox, etc) but HATE other smoked meat like turkey and particularly ham. but i like bacon. especially hobbs. *swoon*
    sputnik and Waterslide like this.

Smoked turkey is NASTY.
    czb and Waterslide like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information