Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else enjoy boxed dinners?

Other than the rare Hamburger Helper dinner, I'd say no. I'm kinda anti-processed food, its just so much easier, cheaper and tastier to make your own.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I like them on occasion. They're shitty for you and hard on the arteries, so of course, they taste fabulous.

I stay away from Tuna Helper, though. That shit skeeves me out.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I'm not a big boxed food person but I do sometime make those bakes in a glass dish with chicken, cauliflower, peas, cambell's light cream of chicken soup and stove top stuffing.

God help me - I love stove top stuffing.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I love Tuna Helper. Easiest tuna casserole ever. I just add a couple of veggies, use skim milk and it's my version of a healthy dinner. I don't like those Homestyle Bakes kind because it uses canned chicken and meat, which I don't like the taste of. Tastes too tinny/metallic to me. Tuna is the only "meat" I'll eat out of a can.

My mother was health conscious as well so I think I've only had Hamburger Helper once or twice and that was at other people's homes. I've never eaten any of the other items mentioned above with the exception of Kraft Mac n Cheese which is my occasional downfall. Love that shit.

It pissed me off as a kid that we didn't have sugary cereal, twinkies, Chef Boyardee and such in the house. But as an adult, it just doesn't occur to me to buy/eat these things because I never developed a taste for them. And I have to thank my mom for that. I still eat junk on occasion (see KD reference above), it's usually in a cookie or cake form.

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I'm not a big boxed food person but I do sometime make those bakes in a glass dish with chicken, cauliflower, peas, cambell's light cream of chicken soup and stove top stuffing.

God help me - I love stove top stuffing.
    I know! Me,too! It tastes so good!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

I'll check them out - my mom was English and so we ate a lot of strange food - kippers for Sunday breakfast, etc. I didn't taste pizza until I was 18! I still make all my moms weird stuff, plus the new California cuisine...

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Other than the rare Hamburger Helper dinner, I'd say no. I'm kinda anti-processed food, its just so much easier, cheaper and tastier to make your own.
    Me too. One look at the ingredients label on that shit is enough to scare me off forever. Proud to say I've never seen or heard of Hamburger Helper and plan to keep it that way!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I just read the ingredients for one that seems scary Double cheeseburger macaroni. Didn't look all that scary. All these usually contain are noodles and a seasoning packet.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Completely off topic - but I read the title without my reading glasses and thought it said Does anyone else enjoy botoxed.....

Like here we go......they are putting botox in food now?

Carry on

Gold Member

They're tasty but they don't go with my low-sodium diet.

I've had them, and find them quite tasty, but rarely buy them anymore.

I'm a big fan of the rice mix boxes as well, Dirty Rice, Jamabalya, etc., and toss in all sorts of stuff, veggies, black beans, low fat kielbasa, sausage, chicken, shrimp, whatever's handy. Even these rice mixes tend to be high in sodium, but spread out, I just pretend the can't be that bad.

In fact, just returned from the grocery store, and bought 10 boxes of the rice stuff.

I make most meals from scratch, but these boxed meals are handy to have around once in a while when I feel too lousy to cook.

Kraft mac and cheese seems to be a favourite of many, but I have never been able to stand it since I tried macaroni and cheese made from scratch with real cheese. Mac and cheese is not health food in any case, but it sure tastes good. I use brown pasta to make myself feel better about eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    They're tasty but they don't go with my low-sodium diet.
    That is a good point-like many processed foods, they are LOADED with sodium.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    My husband is a big fan of Hamburger Helper Stroganoff. I'll make it for him about every other week and have a big salad as an alternative for the kids and I.

To answer your question, the box meals taste good. They are chemically engineered to do so. I ate them for most of my life. Now when I eat it I can't keep a picture of the label out of my head, so I just veer away. If I take a bite it just doesn't taste like food.
    My maid used to make this for me all the time! It was probably loaded with sodium alone, so adding the hamburger meat didn't help, but it was mighty tasty! Haven't had it in years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information