Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Taste Cake Batter With Eggs Added To It?

Hit By Ban Bus!

i used to but no. I've become obsessed with salmonella poisoning. I keep huge containers of bleach in my kitchen as well to make sure everything is scrubbed down. Two sets of knives, two sets of cutting boards. When I make chicken I'm especially nervous. I'll clear out the sink rinse it with bleach and then open the chicken in the sink and place into a dish and then throw out the wrapper and then rinse the sink out again with diluted bleach.

I have no idea why this particular thing bugs me so much. But it does. Raw eggs, milk and chicken. Milk I can't drink because I was once told that all milk has a degree of puss in it. That ruined it for me.

Shudder. And I also have a fetish of eating food from other people's homes. It didn't used to bother me but it does now. Especially when I find out people have cats. I've seen too many cat owners let their cats up on the tables or just shoo them away when they are eating something that's supposed to be being served. It totally grosses me out.

wtf?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

So you'll eat decomposing animal flesh crawling with bacteria and parasites (cooking doesn't kill them all!), but not pus? Ok.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    So you'll eat decomposing animal flesh crawling with bacteria and parasites (cooking doesn't kill them all!), but not pus? Ok.

I don't eat meat as much as I can avoid it. But my family does. It's probably why I'm so skeeved out cooking it.

I've never had a desire to eat cake batter or cookie dough, it doesn't sound applealing at all.
    But I eat some sushi, that's the only kind of raw I eat
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Steak Tartare?
    Free Charmed.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If I make cakes I always make a little more than I need to because I know that I'll eat half of the mix before it even goes near the cake tin, then I'll lick the bowl, the spoon and the beaters. I'll also eat pretty much anything from street vendors (there is a really manky looking burger stand in Liverpool that I cannot walk past without getting something when I'm there) and have eaten all kinds of things from food vans at bike rallies. I'll also eat kebab without a second thought, have had some of the best bacon butties EVAH from shitty little motorway/truck park cafes and I have cats as well. I very, very rarely get stomach upsets. The only foods that I do have major problems with are fish which makes me break out in itchy blotches all over and throw up and fruit as bananas give me storming migraines and eating more than the odd piece of fruit or anything like a coulis I end up with migraines, exorcist style vomiting and a bad case of the squits.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

No one had better eat my cake batter! I carefully measure what goes in each pan to make sure my layers are even. Now after that, have at it. I never eat raw batter, but I don't like to taste test anything I cook. Ruins the surprise later.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I worked with a woman who brought in baked goods all the time. She also picked her nose at her desk--not a discreet rub, but finger-up-to-the-knuckle, full-rotation picks. Sometimes while talking to you. Then she'd rub the boogers on her phone or keyboard.

So did you eat her baked goods?

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No one had better eat my cake batter! I carefully measure what goes in each pan to make sure my layers are even. Now after that, have at it. I never eat raw batter, but I don't like to taste test anything I cook. Ruins the surprise later.
    Oh honey.. We all know that you don't have a kitchen after you attempted to burn it down cooking Yorkshire puds....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Oh honey.. We all know that you don't have a kitchen after you attempted to burn it down cooking Yorkshire puds....
    That was not my fault! That was Double 0 agent Pinklilycat. I was just following instructions.
    Besides, we moved. I have carefully built up a cooking selection of at least 5 different dishes. Well. 3 for sure.

Like right now, I am making angelfood cake. The kind where you mix the box mix with a big can of crushed pineapple-nothing else. Low calorie, delicious and fool proof. You mix, follow instructions & bake like they say. Easy! No flambe!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It hasn't killed me yet, so i don't intend to stop now. Too yummy.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

i'll eat anything. bake sale....mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

So did you eat her baked goods?
    Only before I witnessed the booger digging. It wasn't that great, anyway. She was a competent baker, but not a great or interesting one, so it wasn't worth the calories.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    It hasn't killed me yet, so i don't intend to stop now. Too yummy.
    My whole philosophy on eating, in a nutshell.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information