Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you fondue?

Oh man! When I was a real little kid back in the late seventies, I remember our next door neighbor having parties and we would go over and help her get ready for them. The fondue was the thing I remembered the most. It was kinda weird to see grown people hover around that thing like it was the very source of knowledge in this world! I guess it was after they had all come up from the basment from smoking all the weed I know I smelled coming up from there. No wonder my Mom and us kids never stayed long at the parties!

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Oh man! When I was a real little kid back in the late seventies, I remember our next door neighbor having parties and we would go over and help her get ready for them. The fondue was the thing I remembered the most. It was kinda weird to see grown people hover around that thing like it was the very source of knowledge in this world! I guess it was after they had all come up from the basment from smoking all the weed I know I smelled coming up from there. No wonder my Mom and us kids never stayed long at the parties!

now that sounds like a party!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I love this thread! "There's a reason fondue pots are in abundance at thrift shops." Sooooo true.

A great idea for a 70's party though, if you ever feel like it.

Last year I went to a Christmas party where he did cheese fondue with kirsch. It tasted great but you really can't eat that much warm cheese.

Now chocolate fondue is another story......

We have a few fondue restaurants close to my house. They offer almost all of the types of fondue that have been mentioned. For the main meal, you choose the meat, chicken, seafood or veggie plates. You have two pots that are part of the table, one filled with hot oil and the other can be filled with broth. You can start with the cheese fondue appetizer, which is bread chunks and veggies. Then for desert, of course, the chocolate fondue. It's yummy and fun. You do smell pretty bad when you leave, like deep fried foods

I love fondue!!, I like a swiss cheese fondu with pieces of meat and toasted french bread on a skewer. At Deer Valley ski resort, they have a fondue fireplace Christmas eve dinner. There are different fondue stations with everything you can imagine.

I bought a high-end fondue package and am planning on fonduing some night soon. Woo hoo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information