Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diss a restaurant

Ok, I just got home from Buffalo Wild Wings. Took our son there after his football game.

It was terrible.

Place is cool, with lots of tvs with sports, & I played trivia games on a tv. That part was fun, and coupled with my Long Island Iced Tea, the experience was fun, but thank goodness I wasn't really hungry. The menu is really limited, and the food itself would have only been passable if I'd have arrived drunk. Maybe then.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

It's pretty hard to screw up chicken wings. What are these restaurants thinking?

The TGIFridays at Metrotown in Burnaby is horrible. The waitress came to my sister and I's table all of like 3 times while we were there, and she took away my plate while I was still eating my food!

The bill came to like 40.53, and I left 41.50.

Actually, to be fair, my son liked his wings a lot. I had the "naked" wings with no breading & bbq dipping sauce & Mr. Lobelia had a chicken parmegian sandwich. Both were not very good. I just wasn't in the mood for standard breaded wings or tenders, and those are probably what they're best at.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^ That is what they're best at. I've never had the naked tenders b/c I've never eaten there while trying to lose weight. The fried chicken tenders a BWW are really good.

I'm another one jumping on the Olive Garden's salad and breadsticks bandwagon. The only time I ever go there is for lunch so we can get the "unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch", it's one of those things that they always have whether or not they're advertising, but you have to ask for it because it isn't on the menu unless they have the ads running.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Ok, I just got home from Buffalo Wild Wings. Took our son there after his football game.

It was terrible.

Place is cool, with lots of tvs with sports, & I played trivia games on a tv. That part was fun, and coupled with my Long Island Iced Tea, the experience was fun, but thank goodness I wasn't really hungry. The menu is really limited, and the food itself would have only been passable if I'd have arrived drunk. Maybe then.
    At first I thought this was the same place that my boyfriend and his friends like to go to, but I looked it up online nad realized that one is just "Wild Wings" and is a different chain. But it sounds exactly like this. There are tvs everywhere, all on different channels, and a huge bar in the center of the restaurant, not at all closed off, so it's unbearably loud. You can't even have a conversation without screaming. The menu selection is weak and the food is terrible. Of course that doesn't stop them from jacking up the prices. It's not cheap. One of my friends has gotten food poisoning there twice, and he refuses to go back.

Another chain that a lot of my friends love but I can't stand is Zaxby's. It's basically a fast food restaurant that pretends to be a real restaurant, so they charge real restaurant prices and literally have a disclaimer posted in the window that says "Zaxby's isn't a fast food establishment. Be prepared to wait an adequate amount of time for your quality food." You sit in the car for 10-15 or more minutes waiting for your food. It's usually more than $10 for one person to get food and a drink, unless you want to get nothing but a side of Texas Toast. The food is decent, but the portions are tiny and the few times I've been I definitely didn't feel I'd gotten my money's worth.

Also, every time I go to Dunkin Donuts, the donuts that they give me are cold. I like Krispy Kreme (but only right off of the conveyor belt) and Shipley's. Shipley's plain glazed donuts are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Another chain that a lot of my friends love but I can't stand is Zaxby's. It's basically a fast food restaurant that pretends to be a real restaurant, so they charge real restaurant prices and literally have a disclaimer posted in the window that says "Zaxby's isn't a fast food establishment. Be prepared to wait an adequate amount of time for your quality food." You sit in the car for 10-15 or more minutes waiting for your food. It's usually more than $10 for one person to get food and a drink, unless you want to get nothing but a side of Texas Toast. The food is decent, but the portions are tiny and the few times I've been I definitely didn't feel I'd gotten my money's worth.
    Ugh, I don't like Zaxby's either! I have a friend from out of town that always wants to go there when he visits me. I always try and steer him away from it b/c I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Even though I like the food, every IHOP I've been to (with the exception of the one at Kirkwood and I-10 in Houston) is filthy and smells like a bathroom.
    I went to IHOP on last Sunday. And man, the service was beyond terrible. We were seated and then we waited about 35 minutes for a waitress to even come to our table! So finally she takes our order, and it takes about 30 minutes to arrive. (We had a big group, about 8). When the food does arrive it was cold, and the orders were completely screwed up. You would think having waited so long our order would have been perfectly hot, fresh, and correct. Yeah right... And when we politely informed out waitress about the incorrect order, she rolls her eyes as if we are bothering her. UGH. She's lucky I had just come from church, or I would've had a few choice words for her.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

Yes i completely agree with you about IHOP. I went there last year with a group of friends after attending a car show. Well we got seated and ordered and we waited about 40 minutes to an hour just to get our food. Not only that one of my friends didn't even get his meal so we waited on him to get it and it was about another 40 minutes. When he finally received his sub sandwich it was burnt to fuckin oblivion. The thing was pitch black and nothing but ashes!

The IHOP around my town is pretty nice. Whenever I go there the wait staff is really nice and efficent, plus they always give out recomendations on what to order if you have'nt been there before. Plus the place is always clean and smells like pancake heaven. I like their stuffed French Toast plates, so awesome.

However I hate the Denny's here. I've been there once for breakfast w/ some friends and the service was real slow. We waited like 45 mins and then found out the waiter we had before went out for her lunch break//at 10 in the morning . So we had to wait again a few more miutes until we got our food. Oh and did I mention that the table we were sitting at was sticky with syrup and the floor was sticky with pop and god knows what else.

Fuck Denny's

i had the misfortune of going to an IHOP in Boston, and frankly the pancakes i got looked like AND tasted like someone had stolen them out of a MCDonalds breakfast.

it was gross.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

We have two IHOP's that are pretty close to one another around here. One is disgusting and the service is awful. The wait staff seems to avoid you on purpose once you have been seated. They bring you all of your food, without the toast and then make you wait another 15 minutes for toast. The toast goes with the eggs, who wants it after the eggs?? It's toast? How hard is it to, well, toast it?? The other IHOP is great. They are really nice and the food is always hot and on time

Elite Member

Friendly's. They have the slowest service, thin straw-like french fries, their water takes like what the dentist uses to rinse your mouth out, and they took the cappucino dream sundae off their menu.

There is a restaurant here in Lafayette called Lone Star. It's one of those 'Texas steakhouse' type of places. Being that I'm an animal lover/vegetarian I wasn't too comfortable sitting in a place with buffalo and steer heads hanging on the walls (I had to go there b/c we were with a bunch of family so I really don't get a say in the matter). Every table has a little bucket of peanuts and you can throw the shells on the floor too. Every once in a while the waitresses get up and start line dancing. Nothing for a veggie to eat unless you order a salad. But the service was CRAP! We had to ask twice just to get menus! And then it seemed like another half hour before we got to order drinks. They weren't very busy so I don't know what the hell could've been holding them up. It basically sucked.

And their salads aren't even good.

Applebee's & Smokebones...yuck. I've been vowing to never go back to AB. Last time I was there I ordered broccoli soup because I hate their food. I had a weak moment & took my son at his request. It was more like a bowl of cheese soup, gag. I hated Smokey Bones and the smell and taste of the ribs, yuck.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information