Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diss a restaurant

I'm surprised to see the bad review about Outback. I have never had a bad experience there and I LOVE the food. I really like the Blooming Onion and their house salad dressing (mustard vinaigarette). I agree that the Cheesecake Factory's food is overrated (entrees) but I like their cheesecake. One thing I don't like is that they only have that flavored iced tea that tastes like perfume. I prefer classic regular iced tea.
    I like Chili's queso and a few of their entrees, but there are also some that I really don't like.
    I love the fast food chain Taco Cabana. Great Mexican fast food, extremely cheap, and they sell beer and margaritas. I usually buy a kids meal, which includes a burrito, sides of rice and beans or chips and queso (your choice), and a drink for under $5.00. It's a drive thru but it also has patios. It's a popular hang out.

Yeah, I like Outback, too. We must have a really good one compared to Sojita's. I looooove the brown bread, the salads are decent, bloomin' onions are good... and I've never had a bad steak there. Service is good here, too.

Love those Wallaby Darneds!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

KD
    Elite Member

We have 3 outbacks here, been to two of them and both times thought it sucked. I would never choose to go there again.

Funny thing about Outback is for a chain, they are not cheap at all. Plus, they are owned by the same company that owns Flemings Steakhouse, which is very upscale and very expensive.

Count me in as an Outback lover. Always had good food there.

Sizzler's another one of my fave "steak joints." Who can resist the famous all you can eat salad bar? The steak isn't exactly the greatest but it's not too bad.

I ate at Outback once - and only once. There was glass in my salad! After a spitting out a mouthful of blood I had to argue with the manager to get our meal for free. Never again.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I saw one a while back that had two guys dressed like pterodactyls and some chick doing stuff while a little unidentified dinosaur watched. It was at that point that I realized (hoped?) I'd reached the end of the internet.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

You could've sued them! They caused you bodily harm for their negligence!

My dad once found a staple in his fried chicken...good thing he was chewing well and found it before he swallowed. We complained to the waitress but she only apologized, we didn't get a free meal or nothing.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Count me in as an Outback lover. Always had good food there.

Sizzler's another one of my fave "steak joints." Who can resist the famous all you can eat salad bar? The steak isn't exactly the greatest but it's not too bad.
    Me. Salad bars are crawling with other people's germs.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Some of the chain restaurants here that I like are...Denny's and IHOP for breakfast, White Spot IMO is pretty good and Cactus Club and Milestones for some cocktail and appetizers. Oh and I also like Red Robin.

I hated this Brazilian restaunrat here called Samba, I'm not a vegetarian but it's a vegetarian's nightmare that place. It's all meat after meat and their salad bar looked really nasty.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I love Olive Garden's salad and breadsticks. I don't like the entrees, but the salad and breadsticks are great.

The only restaurant I wouldn't go back to again is Bertolini's in Las Vegas. There's one is Caesar's Palace (I think) and one in Summerlin; my boyfriend and I went to the one in Summerlin for Valentine's Day a few years ago. Our waiter completely ignored us because we were young (21). He was an ass. The food was good, but the service was terrible.

KD
    Elite Member

Never ignore the young people!! They typically, in my experience, tip better than the older crowd. I waited on a couple of "kids" the other night, prob in the 17 yo range, their bill was like $16 snd they tipped $10!! And they were pleasant and low maintenece!!

Bronze Member

I'm with Sojita...I HATE Outback restaurant. I have been to Outback chains in different cities, and they are all the same . I can get a much better steak for the same price at a local, family owned restaurant. But I am not judging those who do like it. Everyone likes different things.

My husband "wins" several of hundreds of dollars of Outback gift cards through work. Since we cannot stomach Outback, we go to Carrabbas, where we can use the same gift certificates. They have decent meals, for a chain restaurant that is not authentically Italian. We are going to try Fleming's Steakhouse soon, since we can use our gift certificates there too.

I used to dislike Panda Express, but then I realized it helps to tame my Chinese food cravings without having to order multiple items at greater expense. At Panda you just pick whatever combo you want and done in minutes. Obviously the taste is nothing compared to the authentic stuff but I've grown to like it especially the orange chicken and beef with broccoli

Good god, if i had any of these 'high end' disaster experiences, I would have thrown my napkin on my plate and simply walked out, refusing to pay for such a disgusting meal and horrible service.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^One thing I am beginning to learn is that when people in those kinds of places are nasty, if you are even nastier back, they tend to start bowing and scraping. Haven't done it yet, but I've watched others do it and get good results.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information