Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinued foods/drinks you want to see again

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Man I miss these drinks so. Especially Mountain Dew Supernova and Pepsi Throwback.
    I seem to remember reading that Pepsi Throwback was gonna be coming back around wintertime due to high customer demand. I don't know how true that is though.

Oh I hope so. The Mountain Dew Throwback was good too. The Throwbacks taste so much better than what is out there now.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Im funny this way, I still have a bottle of Mountain Dew Supernova and a twelve pack of Pepsi Throwback. My friends and I used to drink it daily because I stocked up on it but once I found out it was gone I cut back. Im saving it for a celebratory drink now.

And if it comes out this winter Im stocking up again.

wtf is pepsi throwback?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Its basically Pepsi, but instead of using that high fructose corn syrup they use natural sugar. Why they named it 'Throwback' I dont know. I like it and think its sweeter than the regular stuff. And since I hear that corn syrup messes people up, or is rumored to, I like to think its easier on my system than regular Pepsi.

It was a limited release this summer. It's Pepsi made with actual sugar instead of corn syrup. It was really good and was a limited release.

I just found the info about the rerelease. Will be an 8 week rollout from 12/28-2/22 and there will be Mountain Dew too. There will also be different bottles this time.
    Pepsi Throwback, Mountain Dew Throwback December 2009 relaunch designs » Official images of new vintage packaging for bottle and can design BevReview.com

It was called Throwback b/c it's supposed to be more like the product they produced in the 60's/70's before they started using the corn syrup.

Elite Member

dunkaroos count?

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCat View Post
    Big league chew.
    Wrigley still makes Big League Chew. I saw some for sale today.

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Another vote for Clearly Canadian here. LOVED that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    Clearly canadian was in a glass bottle. I loved that shit.
    They still sell the glass bottle Clearly Canadian here. I'm still trying to remember the name of the ones I described in my OP. I'm pretty sure they were made by Clearly Canadian, but now I'm thinking they were sold under a different name because I can't find any pictures of them anywhere so now I'm doubting it was even Clearly Cdn. If it wasn't, the name was something extremely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Haven't heard of most of this stuff. But I was looking for Soda-Licious fruit snacks a while ago and was dismayed to find they'd gone away again.
    The cherry rootbeer one was my favourite. Who knows, they may come back again like Fun Dip did....hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    OMFG yes! Where is this petition? They were a breakfast and lunchtime staple of my early childhood in the early to mid-80's. Nothing has ever really tasted like that since. Soo, soo good.

I'd also like to throw in my vote for the Clearly Canadian flavored water. Those things were good! I'm surprised they didn't last, they were the perfect diet drink, especially as the bottled water craze started in the 90's.
    If you're looking, Nestle makes a good flavored water under the Nestle Pure Life brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Dunk-a-roos... they were animal cracker type things with frosting to dip in. God, I loved those.

I have about 2 big boxes of those in my pantry that I haven't eaten yet. Saving them for the inevitable Dunkaroo cravings that come and go

Another food I miss are those packaged Golden Graham treats. I used to devour these in elementary school.

I was going to mention French Toast Crunch since I haven't seen it in a few years. But according to wiki, it's been discontinued in the US but still available in Canada, but I haven't seen it anywhere

For the people liking the 'Throwback' pops, I'm pretty sure the Passover version of Coke is made with the real sugar and not the HFCS.

If anyone is looking for nostalgia overload, retrojunk has a bunch of old TV commercials for various things going back to the 70's:
    Browse Commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post

I think every grandmother had them! Remember the commercial made it seem like it was this high-class dessert, only for the most refine...
    I think we still have it in France.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Why the hell can I not find Dunk-a-roos anymore then? I totally thought they discontinued them.. I haven't seen them in years. Another thing I miss is Diet Coke with Lemon (not lime).

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Why the hell can I not find Dunk-a-roos anymore then? I totally thought they discontinued them.. I haven't seen them in years. Another thing I miss is Diet Coke with Lemon (not lime).
    I don't know what Dunk-a-roos are, but they're on Amazon:

Dunkaroos Cinnamon Graham with Vanilla Frosting and Sprinkles, 6-Count Boxes (Pack of 14): Amazon.com: Grocery
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Do you have Shoprite supermarkets by you, Penny? They have Dunkaroos there, I think they're around $2.75 for a 6 pack

Damn... maybe I'll order some on Amazon then. I really haven't seen them in any supermarkets anywhere for at least 5 years. Strange. Crispy M&M's were pretty fucking good, too.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information