Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinued foods/drinks you want to see again

Haven't heard of most of this stuff. But I was looking for Soda-Licious fruit snacks a while ago and was dismayed to find they'd gone away again.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

I deeply miss these things. I ate them almost every day in the late 70's. Then they changed them, and they weren't nearly as good, and shortly after that, they were discontinued. While getting this picture, I saw that there are lots of people out there who feel the same way. There is an online petition to bring them back
    OMFG yes! Where is this petition? They were a breakfast and lunchtime staple of my early childhood in the early to mid-80's. Nothing has ever really tasted like that since. Soo, soo good.

I'd also like to throw in my vote for the Clearly Canadian flavored water. Those things were good! I'm surprised they didn't last, they were the perfect diet drink, especially as the bottled water craze started in the 90's.

Omg.. Rice krispy treats cereal, and berry berry kix I miss a lot too.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    ^ I think it's this?

Which we still get here. Haven't had one in ages though. Might have to get one for xmas methinx.
    Hey, I remember those, my grandmother used to always have one in the freezer when I visited! Good times.

Does anyone remember Sunshine Yum Yums?

They were little coconut-caramel-chocolate cookies, sorta like Samoas. Oh how I miss these little bits of heaven!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

It tastes like crap. I asked my mother to let me try one when I was a kid, and I was ready to pour it out after one sip. But I wasn't allowed to waste one of her Tabs, so I had to finish it.
    Sounds vile. I've never tasted it, but it did make Elle McPherson famous. This was her first major modeling job:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGJvGhIzaw[/YOUTUBE]

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post

They had the best praline pecan ice cream ever.
    I LOVED this stuff. I remember my mom buying it for me when I was REALLY good (I think it was fairly expensive where we lived). I could never remember the actual name of it.

ETA: We still have Clearly Canadian here. You can't buy it at the grocery store, but it's at alot of gas stations. They ditched the glass bottles though, now it looks like every other bottled water.

O'Gradys potato chips by Frito Lay.

And these cookies that were chocolate in little boxes with a cat face on them. Called something like Choco cookies. I think Nabisco made them.

^ I think it's this?

Which we still get here. Haven't had one in ages though. Might have to get one for xmas methinx.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Hey, I remember those, my grandmother used to always have one in the freezer when I visited! Good times.
    I think every grandmother had them! Remember the commercial made it seem like it was this high-class dessert, only for the most refine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Not exactly a discontinued food item but whatever happened to the days when Little Caesar's pizza was good? They switched over to these cheap 'Hot To Go' pizzas that taste like nothing.

And remember when Burger King had chili? It only lasted about a month but it was delicious. Really greasy too, I remember that once when I ate it there was an orange coating around the inside of the paper container it came in.

^ I think it's this?

OMG yes! WANT.

I didn't know they discontinues pudding pops. SO good. The vanilla and chocolate swirl ones... *drool*
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

OMG, this was my PMS delight. Always craved these things once a month. I'm pretty sure they still make them, but try finding them. The last one I bought was at an Ace Hardware, and it might have been 10 years old. I didn't care.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Dizzie Grizzlies!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvFk8CJ8Hk[/youtube]

Dr. Pepper's Red Fusion

And VANILLA COKE, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!

And Viennetta, like someone else pointed out

This is not the thread to look at when you're hungry...cause now I'm starving...

Oh trixie, those Chunk things were sooooo gross.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Greys, stop comin into this here lovefest of a thread and spreadin your hate, 'k?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information