Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued foods/drinks you want to see again

I love, love, love Baja Blast!!!!!! So what do Typhoon and Whiteout taste like?

Typhoon is like fruit punch, I really like it. I cant quite place Whiteouts flavor. It says citrus, but I dont know, maybe my tastebuds were off since I had just drank green tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Omg I loved those!
    I remembered a few more, Ben and Jerry's Southern Pecan Pie Ice Cream!!! Also that Vienetta Cake, I don't think I've see it in years...

ditto on the clearly canadian drink. i hate when you start to enjoy something on occasion and then come to find that they've discontinued the product.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Why must you keep teasing me Pepsi? What have I done to you? Every year you bring out new flavors that blow my mind but for a Limited Time only. Why? Why must you choose the Mountain Dew flavor that wasnt that good? Why do you keep teasing me? Pepsi Twist comes to mind, Vanilla Pepsi, Pepsi Kona and dont even get me started on the two Throwbacks. Now you have this new flavor, Cherry Vanilla Pepsi, a perfect blend that I just cant stop drinking. 8 weeks though? Seriously? Why do you keep doing this?

http://www.bevreview.com/2010/05/18/...vanilla-pepsi/
    Heres where I stole the pic from and also they seem to have a pretty decent blog here reviewing beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    And VANILLA COKE, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!

Just found this perusing the thread, dont know if its been said already but when I grabbed some Cherry Vanilla Pepsi I saw this Vanilla Coke further on down the aisle. Almost bought it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

I deeply miss these things. I ate them almost every day in the late 70's. Then they changed them, and they weren't nearly as good, and shortly after that, they were discontinued. While getting this picture, I saw that there are lots of people out there who feel the same way. There is an online petition to bring them back
    I loved those things...My mom used to eat them. I always thought that they were some super special adult diet food

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Oh yeah, with their old versions of their salads. Those were good, but I'm sure they were awful for you.

Anyone else remember the Wendy's salad bar? The one near my house had one when I was a kid and I remember it actually being a decent salad bar.
    I loved the salad bar at Wendy's. It was so yummy.

Here is a really cool place to go and find items that aren't gone, but super hard to find. It's called Hometown Favorites. I ordered from them years ago, but was really pleased with it:

Old Fashioned Candy: Nostalgic, Retro & Old-Time Candies

Silver Member

McDonalds chicken fajitas were really tasty. The arch Deluxe wasn't so great from what I remember. Never tried the Arch Deluxe II.

I miss the Marathon bar.

I see that they have now renamed them Curly Wurly and you can buy them online.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Those marathon bars could pull out a filling.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post

Were playing this game again Pepsi? Im throwing these in early, only one will make it for sure, and Im sure itll be the wrong one. Ive only had Typhoon and Whiteout. Whiteout wasnt so good, Typhoon was great. Last time they got rid of the best one, Supernova, no doubt theyll do it again with Typhoon. Why in the World do they have another green Mountain Dew? And why can I still not buy Baja Blast in a regular store?
    I wish they would get these in the diet forms. At least they have it in diet for the Code Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Those marathon bars could pull out a filling.
    I have pulled out not only fillings, but two crowns as well(as an adult) because of Sugar Daddy's caramel on a stick. I like the large size, but also the small size too-you can get a whole bag of them for a dollar at the local stores.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I loved Diet Faygo Redpop!

Blue Nehi. You can SOMETIMES find a peach Nehi at gas stations off the interstates, but no one seems to make a blue raspberry drink anymore.

And word to the Crystal Pepsi and Breyer's Vienetta.

Regular flavored Malt-O-Meal would be tight - I found some maple cinnamon which is good, but not the same.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Good news, the classic Clearly Canadian is coming back.
    Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation - Premium Alternative Beverages With Distinctive Flavours & Award-Winning Packaging
    I don't know if this is just in Canada or if it's in the US as well.

I had a sudden craving for a Whatchamcallit, but I haven't seen them in years.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Talk about a thread bump. I was just in a Chinese food store and saw some Mistic. I dont know if anyone is familiar with them but I used to drink them often in my younger years. They were everywhere then one day they vanished. The same for Fruitopia which only seems to be in certain McDonalds restaurants and Everfresh fruit drinks. But this isnt about them. Seeing that drink took me back to when I was younger and my dad was washing his car one day. We were at one of those car washes where you pull your car in, put some money in the machine and hit the switch for soap, another switch for water, Im sure everyone has been to one before. Anyway, I was there bored and my dad walked up to me with some sort of tall bottle in his hand.

That would be this. I cant seem to find any better pictures of any of them. I seem to recall it having many different flavors and oddly enough, being made with milk. The one I drank was a yellowish creamy color, IIRC. I dont think it was any of the listed flavors here but it was good and I do miss it.
    http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/crooked/
    The site where I got these pics from, however, begs to differ. Apparently the only good one was the iced tea. Maybe thats why theyre discontinued.

Im pretty sure this has been discontinued. I never got to taste it, just stumbled across it in my search for pictures. I wish I got to try it out.

Guess whats back on the market. I know Im late, theyve been out for awhile. However these arent like the originals that I enjoyed so much a year ago. I dont know what it is, they just dont taste as good. A friend of mine recently told me the originals were made of cane sugar and these are made of regular. Maybe thats it but they almost taste as if theyve been watered down. Still its nice to have them back. Theyve been out for awhile, as I said. Everywhere I go they sell off the shelves immediately. Im not sure how long Pepsi intends to have them out but they should make them a permanent item and go back to the original formula.
    Last edited by NVash; February 6th, 2011 at 01:33 AM.

I really miss Lunchables. They have them now, but not like I remember. We used to have Lunchables where you could make your own s'mores and various other desserts. They'd also have burgers and hot dogs that were the shizz. I would run right to them whenever I was at the grocery store. They may still have them somewhere, but all the grocery stores I've been to have just had the cracker kind.

Thread Information