Login to remove the ads!
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinued foods/drinks you want to see again

I liked Clearly Canadian.

The one I miss the most are Capri cookies from Pepperidge Farm. I loved those.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

^this.

You poured it over ice-cream and it miraculously hardened. It was so good, We used to put about an inch on our ice-cream, eat the ice-cream and then marvel at our strange sculptures. Then eat them. It came in all sorts of flavours too, and the bottle was awesome.

One day it disappeared. *boom* just like that it vanished. I always found it highly suspicious and wonder what carcinogenic properties it had that made it disappear off the shelves so quickly and quietly.

You can buy stuff called 'Monster Crackin'

...but it's not the same. I miss Ice Magic.

Wow you guys are bringing back some memories....Marathon bars were the bomb! And Carnation Breakfast Bars! I loved the double chocolate ones, then like someone said earlier, they changed the recipe,and weren't quite as good and then they disappeared forever. I still look every so often hoping they will reappear.

I just saw the throw back Pepsi and Dr. Pepper here in KC. The packaging was like it was back in the day.

One thing I wish they would back are the Patio Britos - kinda like pizza rolls only mexican. That was some awesome munchie food. Oh yeah, now that I"m thinking about it....whatever happened to Stouffers Noodles Romanoff??????

Another seasonal discontinuation that recently came back, Cadbury Creme eggs! I love these things.

There's another Easter time candy that I see less and less of each year. They're called Lil Scoops:

There's a chocolate filling version as well.

On the Creme egg note, the commercials aren't the same without the "buk buk buk" bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamamia View Post

I just saw the throw back Pepsi and Dr. Pepper here in KC. The packaging was like it was back in the day.
    They did a throwback Dr Pepper?! I've seen the Pepsi and the Mountain Dew, but not the Dr Pepper. I'm one of those weirdos who loves Dr Pepper, will pick it over regular Coke/Pepsi any day. I've tried the throwback Pepsi and it was good, still want to try the Mountain Dew, and now I have to find the Dr Pepper!

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post

^this.

You poured it over ice-cream and it miraculously hardened. It was so good, We used to put about an inch on our ice-cream, eat the ice-cream and then marvel at our strange sculptures. Then eat them. It came in all sorts of flavours too, and the bottle was awesome.

One day it disappeared. *boom* just like that it vanished. I always found it highly suspicious and wonder what carcinogenic properties it had that made it disappear off the shelves so quickly and quietly.

You can buy stuff called 'Monster Crackin'

...but it's not the same. I miss Ice Magic.
    Nonono-try Magic Shell-same thing! Honest!
    Magic Shell

Pour on the magic ... and the fun ... with Smucker's Magic Shell Topping. This topping magically freezes in seconds on your ice cream to create a candy-coated topping that can be broken and mixed right in with the ice cream. It's a topping that's fun to make ... and fun to break!

Magic Shell | Ice Cream Toppings | Smucker's Products | Smucker's
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^Magic Shell rocks. The Reese's peanut butter flavor is the best.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus!

The Chicken Mushroom Sandwich from Jack in the Box.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post

bacon chips (potato chips shaped like bacon)
    Like Frazzles? We can still get them and I still love them.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    New York Seltzer...
    I miss that SOOO much!! I LOVED it!!
    They sold it at my school, and I wouldn't buy lunch so I could buy that drink.
    I read that some people found it at Big Lots, but it tasted totally different. Had artificial sweetners in it.
    The original I remember to be full of real sugar goodness.
    Are you in the UK? I remember this stuff from when I was a teenager, although there was only one store that sold them and I think I must have single handedly drunk all of their stock.

If people like something enough there's always a chance that it will make a comeback. We have Wispa bars, which were discontinued in 2003 but relaunched as a 'limited edition' following an internet campaign. They proved to be so popular that they are now back on regular sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post

Are you in the UK? I remember this stuff from when I was a teenager, although there was only one store that sold them and I think I must have single handedly drunk all of their stock.

No, I'm in Upstate NY.
    I would but it all the time at Wegmans(our Grocery store) and at school...then it just vanished
    I did read that the company went out of business though.
    I have never found a seltzer that tasted as good as that!!

The lone Tim Horton's location that still had the ginerbread flavour shot for the ice caps has finally discontinued it

On the plus side those Milka scoops are in store, but I can't find the chocolate mousse ones.

i miss tim's cascade style chips in the dill pickle flavor. they were pretty good.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

The original Girl Scout Mint cookies. They had a layer of white minty stuff on top of the cookie and it was covered in melted chocolate. They were sooo much better than the crappy thin mints they have now.

Zee

Gobble sticks- little individually wrapped hot dog shaped turkey breast. Probably full of sodium but tasty.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Were playing this game again Pepsi? Im throwing these in early, only one will make it for sure, and Im sure itll be the wrong one. Ive only had Typhoon and Whiteout. Whiteout wasnt so good, Typhoon was great. Last time they got rid of the best one, Supernova, no doubt theyll do it again with Typhoon. Why in the World do they have another green Mountain Dew? And why can I still not buy Baja Blast in a regular store?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information