Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The cruel confinement of veal calves

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Why do we even drink cow's milk anyway?

Because breast milk tastes awful on Cheerios.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I like almond milk.

mmmmmm baby animals. delicious.

i'm a food chain kind of person too. i eat everything, including politically incorrect meat, like baby animals and foie gras.
    and yes, it would be awesome if we could try to reduce animal suffering and if people could realise they don't need to eat meat everY day - i love the stuff but i rarely eat steak or red meat and eat mostly fish and chicken and we're talking a couple 2-3 times a week max.
    so yeah, free range and organic as much as possible but i totally accept the idea of animals dying for food and leather and i don't have an issue with it.
    and no, we don't technically need to eat animal products but who the hell wants to live life doing only what is strictly necessary to our survival?
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I like almond milk.
    Did you always like it? I can't get into it. How is hemp milk?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Is rice milk any good? I'm DYING to have cereal again
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    Did you always like it? I can't get into it. How is hemp milk?
    I have never tried hemp milk, but I've seen it at Bulk Barn. I started buying almond milk when I noticed it was actually lower in fat than soy milk. I did always like it, yes, but I have been drinking non-dairy milks for a long time and I'm used to them. I generally buy plain unsweetened because I can do more with it. If you mainly use it on cereal or in smoothies, vanilla almond milk is pretty good. You could also try a different brand and see if you like it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I find rice milk to be very sweet and watery. I'm not a fan. Rice Dream makes a rice/soy blend that isn't bad. The soy makes it richer. For soy milk, I recommend Natura or Silk. Both are available in Canadian supermarkets. Natura is on the shelf, usually in the health food aisle, and Silk is in the dairy case. Silk also makes a coffee creamer. Most people making the switch from dairy find vanilla tastier.
    Last edited by aabbcc; December 6th, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

^ I love plain Silk soy milk, and I actually really miss it (haven't had much soy all through pregnancy, nursing, and pregnancy again). I never cared for cow's milk, though, and hated being forced to drink it as a kid. I like rice and almond milk, too, but I find them pretty sweet - good on cereal, not very refreshing to drink - and watery, so not so good in coffee.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I've gone without meat for years and have lost the taste for it completely. I still do dairy/eggs but only organic. I'd like to try some of your suggestions for non-dairy milk.

One thing I'm still struggling with is finding good shoes. I don't like pleather. I wish they'd do more with fabric. And when you do find good fabric choices (like purses) sometimes they trim them in leather.
    Last edited by Miss A; December 6th, 2010 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I like almond milk.
    MMMM thats the only kind of milk ill drink

Grimm. get Almond milk, the vanilla. You wont even need sweetner on your cereal. It surpasses and soy/rice milk out there. I am not a milk drinker but I can drink this by the glass. Its really that good. Perfect for cereal!
    Last edited by Tati; December 7th, 2010 at 02:18 AM.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
    One thing I'm still struggling with is finding good shoes. I don't like pleather. I wish they'd do more with fabric. And when you do find good fabric choices (like purses) sometimes they trim them in leather.
    I have a denim purse. Bought it almost 30 years ago and, aside from a hole in one corner courtesy of my daughter's hamster, the darn thing is still going strong.

^^I love the vanilla almond milk too. The chocolate almond milk is even better.

I love Silk original on mine.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I just remembered I saw Oat milk the other day. I picked some up to give out at the student food bank but didn't get any for myself; it was in the same aisle as the non-refrigerated soy/rice/almond beverages.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

LOL, the hamster hole. That sounds like a cute touch, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I just remembered I saw Oat milk the other day. I picked some up to give out at the student food bank but didn't get any for myself; it was in the same aisle as the non-refrigerated soy/rice/almond beverages.
    I've seen oat milk at Bulk Barn. I've never tried the commercial stuff because it has added oil and I don't eat free fats. I've seen recipes for making your own. I should give one of them a try. Pretty easy if you have a blender and probably cheaper than buying it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information