Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Coffee Milkshakes Are Turning Us All into Jittery Rhino-People

Peppermint schnapps is also good in hot chocolate.
    louiswinthorpe111 and sputnik like this.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I can't stand the crazy sweet coffee drinks either. I do like a plain caf au lait or a latte, and it's pretty much the only way I drink milk so I tend to make one myself at home in the morning.

If it's Christmas or something I may make things Irish, and I've been known to make eggnog lattes as well, but it's with real eggnog made at home and I consider it a dessert. I like iced coffee too, but I make it at home with frozen leftover coffee cubes and milk.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I like black coffee, or coffee with a dash of semi-skimmed milk. Do prefer iced coffee though, which is a pain in these parts as most coffee places have to add syrup, creams, etc, or it's with milk in the supermarket. No thanks. In the US it's like a dream, I float from iced coffee to iced coffee. I do like the syrupy coffee drinks too, but they aren't coffee to me, they are desserts.

I would kill for an espresso martini right now.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Silver Member

I gave up on fancy coffee drinks when they got to $4 and up. Now it's plain house coffee with room for cream-gave up sugar decades ago. And if you buy Starbucks ground coffee in the grocery store the empty bag is good at any Starbucks for a free 12 ounce cup of coffee. About once every couple of years we split a coffee milkshake (with real ice cream) in a town about 30 miles away when we're in the area.
    I'll likely end up drinking hot water the way the prices keep going up.

I never saw this thread. All this hate for flavored coffee! I have a pretty cool coffeemaker that brews a single cup & grinds the beans each time. But thennnn I add a couple spoonfuls of some kinda flavored creamer like vanilla or caramel or whatever. There is plenty sugar in that stuff so no need to add more. I wish I drank my coffee black, but just can't do it, not there yet. I do starbucks maybe 6 times a year, like a mocha or something, but it's a treat, not a drink per se. A treat that makes me very alert and busy.

Oh. I'll tell you people what's good in coffee. RumChata. We drank the hell out of that during the holidays.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

My big poodle likes coffee,but only the way my mother drank it. I put cream in mine. He never bothers it. My husband black,never touched it. Mother liked hers black but with two sugars. The minute she put her cup down that dog was hell bent on drinking it. Well,he is totally a French poodle and very firm on his likes.
    Lobelia, Novice and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I gave up the mocha frappucinos when I saw the calorie content. Starbucks' regular coffee has a bitter taste to it. I just go to Dunkin or use my own in my Keurig. And diner coffee is the best. And NO SUGAR! Splenda or Stevia.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Booze is different.
    I love a shot of rum in my hot chocolate.
    Now, there is a post cardn agree on! Have you tried calvados Yummy!

I like Sb hot chocolate but since I have Prestat hot choccie@ home & now a milk steamer, idon't need their calorie count!

If someone stirs my tea with a coffee spoon (without washing) I have to.throw it away. Hate the stuff!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Black coffee here or double cappuccino. My favorite is when I get asked what size I want my cappuccino and if I want it wet or dry; just make the fucking thing, it's fucking basic as can be beyond just getting black coffee or a plain shot of espresso.

Dry?
    I'm picturing a barista giving a customer a coffee bean to suck on.
    Someone tell me what is the difference between wet and dry coffee?

the difference is the ratio of steamed vs. frothed milk.
    a classic capuccino is 1/3 steamed milk, 1/3 espresso, 1/3 frothed milk. the wet has more steamed than frothed. dry is the opposite.

i'm a fan of the flat white. i discovered them through a kiwi ex bf and i've found a few places in ny that have them. it's like the really frothy bastard child of a latte, a capuccino and a cortado. coffee perfection.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love a good dry cappuccino. I also love a breve. Steamed half and half with espresso.

Okay... I think I'm getting it. I'm learning! I guess I could say I sometimes like mine... dry.
    But.... where in all the lingo is the plain ol' coffee with cream and sugar (what I really like)? or black coffee?

I'm so glad I never applied to work @ Starbucks. This shyt would irritate the hell out of me. I would end up giving the customers a cup and tell them to brew their own lol.

Uh, late to the thread, but add me to those who hate flavored coffee. Black all the way here. In copious amounts. Never with sweetener or milk. If I they screw it up (and seriously, it happens more often than seems logical) or I accidentally sip the hubs, my whole face pinches tight and I swear I feel my stomach turn before I even swallow.

Mr. Manning swears I don't bleed blood, but Colombian dark roast. And I can't do the ice caps and venti fraps or whatever. I don't care how hot it is. Nothing stops me. In the summers, I just switch to booze at midday. It's all a means to a cigarette anyway.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I can't do black coffee, never could. But I can't do sugar in my coffee either. It's disgusting! No matter how much you stir it, it never quite dissolves and the last few swallows are beyond sickening. I'd rather add just a tot of sugarfree Torani syrup--usually French vanilla, that's all the flavoring I can stand in coffee. Either that or a dab of half and half and yup Bitter, stevia or Splenda.

It has to be good coffee, too. None of this Folgers shit. I love Peets, especially now they've decided that okay, not everyone likes their coffee so dark roasted it tastes burnt.

Espresso drinks, mmmm. A traditional mocha isn't heresy, but I prefer a cappucino with cinnamon.

Best of all though...Turkish coffee. Rar!!!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the difference is the ratio of steamed vs. frothed milk.
    a classic capuccino is 1/3 steamed milk, 1/3 espresso, 1/3 frothed milk. the wet has more steamed than frothed. dry is the opposite.

i'm a fan of the flat white. i discovered them through a kiwi ex bf and i've found a few places in ny that have them. it's like the really frothy bastard child of a latte, a capuccino and a cortado. coffee perfection.

So good to know. Next time I go to the states I know I need to order a dry one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information