Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Children and food

Bronze Member

Have you seen Jerry Seinfeld's wife's book?

Check it out, all recipes that sneak in healthy foods where kids don't see them.

Amazon.com: Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food: Jessica Seinfeld: Books

My 8-year-old has always been an insanely picky eater. Honestly--I don't stress out over it. She eats fruit (not many different kinds, but she'll eat some), hates vegetables, hates most meats, hates pasta... I give her a multi-vitamin every morning and don't worry about it. If she refuses to eat what the rest of us are having, she gets a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.

Maybe I'm too laid back about it. I just don't believe in making meal times some awful experience. We eat dinner together as a family, and I want that time to be a good time every day--not something that is a tearful mess. She's not going to starve, and she'll eventually grow out of it. My other two kiddos did

Go to Kraftfoods.com for more kids recipes.

I recently sauteed carrots with orange juice and brown sugar, and my boys loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by birdmadgirl View Post
    My 8-year-old has always been an insanely picky eater. Honestly--I don't stress out over it. She eats fruit (not many different kinds, but she'll eat some), hates vegetables, hates most meats, hates pasta... I give her a multi-vitamin every morning and don't worry about it. If she refuses to eat what the rest of us are having, she gets a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.

Maybe I'm too laid back about it. I just don't believe in making meal times some awful experience. We eat dinner together as a family, and I want that time to be a good time every day--not something that is a tearful mess. She's not going to starve, and she'll eventually grow out of it. My other two kiddos did
    That's a great way to look at it.

JKM and all the other parents out there that are dealing with this; I have done a LOT of thinking about this, as I too have a toddler that just REFUSES to eat anything good for her.

I thought about buying the Seinfeld book, or the other one similiar, then remembered that I had an AWESOME baby food book ALREADY! But do not be turned off by 'baby' in the title---its for EVERYONE!

Please give this a look, its very healthy, organic and has a zillion recipes to 'fool kids'.

Granted, I haven't tried a lot of the recipes, but will be doing more so in the near future. I owe it to my kids to feed them the foods they need to grow in a healthy way.

Heres the link:Super Baby Food

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I liked the tip about cutting ground meat with cooked brown rice.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information