Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Changed Starbucks. A Changed C.E.O.

I like to pride myself on having never stepped foot in a starbucks.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Starbucks are more known as a good bathroom stop when you're out here in NYC. Their coffee drinks are expensive as hell though, which is incentive enough to avoid going. And I'd rather support the local coffee shops in my 'hood.
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Too bad they pay their employees, many of whom have advanced degrees and can't find a good job, 8.25/hr.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    Too bad they pay their employees, many of whom have advanced degrees and can't find a good job, 8.25/hr.
    At least there is a fallback option for people with PhD's in Romance languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Don't care for their coffee either - it's way overpriced for the cache of drinking a name-brand. Their pumpkin spice latte is, however, to die for according to my tastebuds and I do stop in for that when they have it. Otherwise, I just go to Timmy Ho's.
    Agreed, and the eggnog latte too. And the low-cal "skinny caramel" thing isn't bad, either. But their coffee has gotten very bland. I've heard it described alternately as "chalky" and "burnt" but honestly, it's just weak in my book. Their turkey and cranberry sandwich is yummy, though, and I appreciate their sugarfree and low-fat offerings both with syrups and the baked goods.

Peet's used to taste burnt due to their over-fondness for the Very Dark Roasts, but last time I had one of their lattes it was delicious. VERY strong, though. Easily twice as strong as anything from Starbuck's. I had half and waited a few minutes, very wise decision or I would've been over the moon and maybe not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by frecklered View Post
    Starbucks are more known as a good bathroom stop when you're out here in NYC. Their coffee drinks are expensive as hell though, which is incentive enough to avoid going. And I'd rather support the local coffee shops in my 'hood.
    Haha, yeah they work well as bathroom stops here, too. I have to give them a little credit for not being bitchy about letting people use the loo, even if you just run in frantically and run out again...

I wish there were more good local coffee shops still around. I did go to one in a little town up the road recently which was AMAZING. They roast their own beans, too.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I still use Starbucks for the Frapps (just like Britney teehee ) but I've never liked their coffee at all. The last time I had one tasted like someone stirred it with a piece of chalk, awful.

For me I usually just go to Tim Hortons for hot coffee; there's a couple of local hipster coffee places I go to that are superior to Starbucks as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information