Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Celeb chefs that you love/hate

^ Ugh, that looks like dog food.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Ugh, that looks like dog food.
    I think my dogs, if I had any, would attack me and tear me to shreds if I tried to feed them this shite....

^^^
    that does not sound good. thyme and balsamic vinegar doesn't sound like it mixes well with chicken and apricots.
    in a tajine it's perfect - chicken and apricot with onion, ginger, curcuma, saffron, honey and tomato. and then you top it with thinly sliced almonds and parsley.
    you can also make a lamb-apricot version and it's insanely good. or lamb and prunes. i love moroccan food.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I made one of Rachael's dishes once. It was an chicken dish with dried apricots - she said it was a Moroccan thing. And she says to the camera, "EVERYBODY loves chicken and apricots - who doesn't?". I SWEAR.

That was some nasty-assed shit, word. Had to throw it out. I've pretty much despised her ever since.
    you're brave, i would never make one of her recipes. so scary looking that i wouldn't even feed it to the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    that does not sound good. thyme and balsamic vinegar doesn't sound like it mixes well with chicken and apricots.
    in a tajine it's perfect - chicken and apricot with onion, ginger, curcuma, saffron, honey and tomato. and then you top it with thinly sliced almonds and parsley.
    you can also make a lamb-apricot version and it's insanely good. or lamb and prunes. i love moroccan food.
    I love it too - there is a place here in Philly called The Sahara Grill, and their food is wonderful. I usually stick to the shwarma platter, but the other dishes there have been delish. They also make homemade hummus. Ummmmmmmmmm.

I just think Ray bastardizes existing dishes to try to squeeze them into her "30-minute" mold. And it took me longer than 30 minutes to make that unfortunate dish of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    you're brave, i would never make one of her recipes. so scary looking that i wouldn't even feed it to the dog.
    Don't make this one then - Mini Cheeseburger Salad with Yellow Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network

czb

^^^^ ew. someone must make rachael's slop, though, her magazine seems to sell well. have noticed that she doesn't have as many time slots on food network as she used to.

^^^^ ew. someone must make rachael's slop, though, her magazine seems to sell well. have noticed that she doesn't have as many time slots on food network as she used to.
    She has cut back. Thank goodness. Isn't it enough she has that horrible talk show, too many endorsements and at least two FN shows? I think the "40 dollars a day" show was canceled too.

Food Network pisses me off because they never tell you when a show has been canceled; they just stop showing it. They stopped making new episodes of Michael Chiarello's show. All you get are reruns now. I love him - the gayest str8 guy I've ever seen.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Video: Hannukah Cake

Hannukah cake. Star is 6 pointed, just looks like ass. I think the non-kosher part is the marshmallows. Frosting is typically dairy-based, marshmallows are made from animal byproducts (gelatin, so probably contains pig parts too, which is so appetizing, right?), so most marshmallows aren't kosher, and therefore probably not OK to be mixed with milk.
    That's the fugliest cake that's ever been made on a cooking show. Not to mention how insulting she is for putting 2 wiry stars together and calling it the Star of David. Every time I see her show (which isn't often) she always appears to be shit faced drunk.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

found this on google. thought i'd share.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

found this on google. thought i'd share.
    ----pic snipped----
    ROFL, um, no thank you. And I love Tony a lot. But not that much.

czb

oh, sput!

oh, sput!
    I know he has his appeal to some folk in a sexual way, but not with me. I'd hang with him though. With my clothes on.

The other chef I find annoying is Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods. He's an arrogant SOB, and I hate it when he smirks after eating the food.

i'd hit it. without the meat. well, at least that particular piece of meat in the picture.

i'd hit it. without the meat. well, at least that particular piece of meat in the picture.
    Have at it. . I do love Tony though. I hope he comes up with some more anti-FN snark.

He's supposed to be living in Vietnam with his wife and daughter right now.

czb

yuck. that's one shank i'd avoid.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information